Have you ever encountered this

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I have come across this expectation a number of times.
it goes something like this, If a husband obeys God in being a husband
it will somehow cause a wife to obey God in being a wife.

But how does the obedience of one person to God have anything to do with the disobedience of another.
That is true in one sense but false in another. True because persona's rub off on each other, there is the expression, "you are what you date" but its false because everyone makes there own choices. I have spoken to people that have partners that do not agree with there views. Opposites attract in some cases.

Jul 6, 2020
That is true in one sense but false in another. True because persona's rub off on each other, there is the expression, "you are what you date" but its false because everyone makes there own choices. I have spoken to people that have partners that do not agree with there views. Opposites attract in some cases.
How about "you get what you deserve"
Why else do we make bad or hasty choices in a mate?
it is because of who we are.

As far as having an effect on another person the bible warns against think that you will.

My advice at this point is focus on becoming the person, that the person you want, would want to be with.
AKA seek first the kingdom of God (in you) and all these things will be added to you.
I know it is about physical provision but it is also about what everyone else in the world is seeking to get for themselves.
As I see it this is how you get what you need from Gods hand and not your own efforts.