Have you experienced the Holy Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
If so, please describe what you felt.

I have felt Him. It was an enormous fantastic force that overwhelmed my entire self. Never have I felt such love and security, being held so tight I could barely breathe. I know the Holy Spirit is real and I cannot wait to be with him permanently when my time comes.
I wondered if the experience is different or similar for others?

Oct 6, 2022
It was 2016, a bit before memorial day so in May I think.

I was convinced that healing was for today and not just in Africa, and was in the mall looking for people who would let me pray for them.

My friend was on the phone with me, reading certain psalms and perhaps some NT verses.

Suddenly it was like "goodness" started pouring over my head and down my body like honey. Everything looked so good, like I was in a music video haha
I didn't do drugs or drink alcohol.

The only things I could say were things like "bro what is going on" or "bru uh, da da, uh, oh whoah bro" and other unintelligible sentences.

my feet also felt very warm in my shoes all of a sudden. Best feeling I've ever felt. I believe that was the Holy Spirit.

shortly after that on Memorial day me and the same friend got prayed over to receive the Holy Spirit even though I'd had the experience at the mall, but we actually tried speaking in tongues and started seeing people get "no doubt about it" healed. I felt SUPER BOLD, eg. going into subway and asking if anyone needs healing or getting in the faces of some self proclaimed bhi in a park in Atlanta, etc. People were getting healed and it was just so awesome. I also remember it feeling like something was burning right above my stomach area, like a good heartburn.
I believe that was also Jesus' Spirit in me.

From that alone I think we'll be surprised at how intense Jesus will be.
Praise Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit.

Oct 6, 2022
It was 2016, a bit before memorial day so in May I think.

I was convinced that healing was for today and not just in Africa, and was in the mall looking for people who would let me pray for them.

My friend was on the phone with me, reading certain psalms and perhaps some NT verses.

Suddenly it was like "goodness" started pouring over my head and down my body like honey. Everything looked so good, like I was in a music video haha
I didn't do drugs or drink alcohol.

The only things I could say were things like "bro what is going on" or "bru uh, da da, uh, oh whoah bro" and other unintelligible sentences.

my feet also felt very warm in my shoes all of a sudden. Best feeling I've ever felt. I believe that was the Holy Spirit.

shortly after that on Memorial day me and the same friend got prayed over to receive the Holy Spirit even though I'd had the experience at the mall, but we actually tried speaking in tongues and started seeing people get "no doubt about it" healed. I felt SUPER BOLD, eg. going into subway and asking if anyone needs healing or getting in the faces of some self proclaimed bhi in a park in Atlanta, etc. People were getting healed and it was just so awesome. I also remember it feeling like something was burning right above my stomach area, like a good heartburn.
I believe that was also Jesus' Spirit in me.

From that alone I think we'll be surprised at how intense Jesus will be.
Praise Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit.
btw, this was well after I had gotten baptized in 2014 in which I also felt what I 'd call a supernatural "relief", while I was getting baptized, from some very intense torment that I was going through.

MichaelZ

Jun 11, 2023
I attended a charismatic Catholic meeting back before I was saved. The unintelligible tongues spoken seemed to impact me even though this whole "tongues" thing was not something I was used to. When I returned home, I felt energized. I went out running and ran my miles faster than I had ever run before by quite a bit. I would time my runs back then. (Now, I am just thankful to make it home in my short jog!) At any rate, this seemed to be a turning point for me. Not all at once, but within a few months I had decided to follow Jesus and have ever since. This was back in 1986.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
I attended a charismatic Catholic meeting back before I was saved. The unintelligible tongues spoken seemed to impact me even though this whole "tongues" thing was not something I was used to. When I returned home, I felt energized. I went out running and ran my miles faster than I had ever run before by quite a bit. I would time my runs back then. (Now, I am just thankful to make it home in my short jog!) At any rate, this seemed to be a turning point for me. Not all at once, but within a few months I had decided to follow Jesus and have ever since. This was back in 1986.
A turning point. I think those words summarise it.
It is difficult to find words for the lasting memory of that feeling at the time. A feeling from outside of yourself.

Oct 2, 2023

I have felt Him. It was an enormous fantastic force that overwhelmed my entire self. Never have I felt such love and security, being held so tight I could barely breathe. I know the Holy Spirit is real and I cannot wait to be with him permanently when my time comes.
Hello Mary,
I became a Christian at age 17 in 1984 and the start into my Christian life was an overwhelming encounter with the Holy Spirit.

Before I became a Christian I despised religion, and especially Christianity for being a crutch for those who cannot live a strong and moral life without believibg in an imaginary force out there.

When God revealed Himself to me, He spoke to me and showed me that He was Holy, Great and Worthy of worship. He asked me to say yes or no to Him, and I knew that if I said no, I would be dead.

The moment I said yes, I was overcome with the presence of God and I trembled for three days.

I have since had a number of 'tangible' encounters with the Holy Spirit, all of them have been significant and life-changing.

I have never sought experiences like that, but I am open to any way the Lord wants to speak to me.
He is the Living God.

God has spoken to me much more often through His Word in the Scriptures than He has through overwhelming encounters with the Holy Spirit.

Those who know me and my life will not say that I am someone who is after experiences.

I would like to think that they will say that I am a person who is in love with Jesus and desiring to give Him glory.

God bless you.
May He reveal Himself to you more and more each day in any way He chooses to make you into someone who knows Him more intimately with every passing day.

Love, Keris

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
Hello Mary,
I became a Christian at age 17 in 1984 and the start into my Christian life was an overwhelming encounter with the Holy Spirit.

Before I became a Christian I despised religion, and especially Christianity for being a crutch for those who cannot live a strong and moral life without believibg in an imaginary force out there.

When God revealed Himself to me, He spoke to me and showed me that He was Holy, Great and Worthy of worship. He asked me to say yes or no to Him, and I knew that if I said no, I would be dead.

The moment I said yes, I was overcome with the presence of God and I trembled for three days.

I have since had a number of 'tangible' encounters with the Holy Spirit, all of them have been significant and life-changing.

I have never sought experiences like that, but I am open to any way the Lord wants to speak to me.
He is the Living God.

God has spoken to me much more often through His Word in the Scriptures than He has through overwhelming encounters with the Holy Spirit.

Those who know me and my life will not say that I am someone who is after experiences.

I would like to think that they will say that I am a person who is in love with Jesus and desiring to give Him glory.

God bless you.
May He reveal Himself to you more and more each day in any way He chooses to make you into someone who knows Him more intimately with every passing day.

Love, Keris
That is so inspiring, you are indeed blessed. Your testimony brings healing to you and all who are in contact with you. Whether they know or not.

Oct 2, 2023
That is so inspiring, you are indeed blessed. Your testimony brings healing to you and all who are in contact with you. Whether they know or not.
Hello Mary,
Hello Mary,
thank you for your kind and encouraging words. ❤️

Romans 10, 13 states that 'Whoever calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.'

What a wonderful promise that is! 🤩
But it becomes all the more wonderful when we discover that this does not only apply to the moment we become Christians. Every time a believer calls on the Name of the Lord, His Goodness, Love, Mercy, Life, Truth and indeed His Healing, Saving Power and Deliverance flow from our wonderful God to us to strengthen and encourage us and build us up.

God wants worshippers who know Him.
He wants to fill us with His Holy Spirit to empower us to live lives that glorify Him.
He wants to fill us with His mind to make us His hands and feet in a world full of needy people.

May we be those who know Him and may others see the presence and the reality of the living Chrust in our lives, and may this make them hungry to call out to Him and be saved.

🌻 God bless you so much.
Keris

Oct 16, 2023
Hello Mary,

He is the Living God.

God bless you.

Love, Keris
oh so much of the same! I was so mad at the Christian church and the Holy Spirit came over me and I trembled for three days also! Very cool share, thank you for letting me know I’m not crazy!

Oct 2, 2023
oh so much of the same! I was so mad at the Christian church and the Holy Spirit came over me and I trembled for three days also! Very cool share, thank you for letting me know I’m not crazy!
I don't know if you and I are crazy or not, but probably not in the sense that we ought to be locked away. 🤣
I have some other testimonies that are even more crazy and I maintain that it was God who was behind them, because what came out of them was blessing and good fruit. And this is how we should evaluate such things. 🌻

Oct 16, 2023
I don't know if you and I are crazy or not, but probably not in the sense that we ought to be locked away. 🤣
I have some other testimonies that are even more crazy and I maintain that it was God who was behind them, because what came out of them was blessing and good fruit. And this is how we should evaluate such things. 🌻
I’m gonna ask that you share them because I’ve been through a lot of weird definitely God-working situations lately! I was in a hospital emergency room and I said “God I can tell you’re about to do something big, Jesus you know I still don’t like flying” and the it was like this big golden hand picked me up and kinda gave a giant hand hug, I felt my hair and clothes floating in a golden liquid like being underwater but I was completely dry. It lifted me like 8 feet and held me there until one of the firefighters that brought me in said something and then I was set back down. We serve a living God and our bodies are the temples, we need to create an atmosphere for the Him.

Oct 2, 2023
I’m gonna ask that you share them because I’ve been through a lot of weird definitely God-working situations lately! I was in a hospital emergency room and I said “God I can tell you’re about to do something big, Jesus you know I still don’t like flying” and the it was like this big golden hand picked me up and kinda gave a giant hand hug, I felt my hair and clothes floating in a golden liquid like being underwater but I was completely dry. It lifted me like 8 feet and held me there until one of the firefighters that brought me in said something and then I was set back down. We serve a living God and our bodies are the temples, we need to create an atmosphere for the Him.
I can totally relate to that. 😎
Will talk to you later as I have to sort out some little people right now! 🤣
Be blessed!

Oct 2, 2023
I was early for a church service once and as I came into the church hall through the door frame, my whole body got pushed down by the Holy Spirit, as if a massive weight came on my shoulders and momentarily caused my knees to buckle.
There was no 'holy' atmosphere in the room, as it was still so early, just a few musicians doing some soundchecks, but this touch by God filled me with awe and I sat down wondering what else was going to happen.
As more and more folks came through that door EVERY SINGLE ONE got 'hit' by the power of God in much the same way as I had been!
It was utterly amazing.
When the service began, the presence of God was so strong as I had never experienced in that church.
People were ocercome with a spirit of repentance, and there were many healings.
I shall never forget that service.
God never runs out of ideas on how He can bless us. 🤩

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
Such as us are not crazy. We have learned to sense God's presence and guidance.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
I was early for a church service once and as I came into the church hall through the door frame, my whole body got pushed down by the Holy Spirit, as if a massive weight came on my shoulders and momentarily caused my knees to buckle.
There was no 'holy' atmosphere in the room, as it was still so early, just a few musicians doing some soundchecks, but this touch by God filled me with awe and I sat down wondering what else was going to happen.
As more and more folks came through that door EVERY SINGLE ONE got 'hit' by the power of God in much the same way as I had been!
It was utterly amazing.
When the service began, the presence of God was so strong as I had never experienced in that church.
People were ocercome with a spirit of repentance, and there were many healings.
I shall never forget that service.
God never runs out of ideas on how He can bless us. 🤩
How wonderful. You were truly blessed that day.

Oct 2, 2023
Such as us are not crazy. We have learned to sense God's presence and guidance.
Yes, I know we are not crazy. 🌻
God is Spirit.
And spiritual matters need to be spiritually discerned.
The Christian experience, the yielding to the Living God and the dying to self and allowing the very life of God to flow through us is by definition a spiritual experience.
But with a Holy God we should approach every aspect of our Christian experience with awe, and not turn it into a circus.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
Yes, I know we are not crazy. 🌻
God is Spirit.
And spiritual matters need to be spiritually discerned.
The Christian experience, the yielding to the Living God and the dying to self and allowing the very life of God to flow through us is by definition a spiritual experience.
But with a Holy God we should approach every aspect of our Christian experience with awe, and not turn it into a circus.
Absolutely. I am fed up of seeing people who turn God's healing into circus acts to glorify themselves. We are incapable alone.
Yet we are spirit and so our spirit yearns to join with God. This world can never satisfy us.

Oct 2, 2023
Absolutely. I am fed up of seeing people who turn God's healing into circus acts to glorify themselves. We are incapable alone.
Yet we are spirit and so our spirit yearns to join with God. This world can never satisfy us.
We are so very blessed that the God we have come to know has chosen to be so very good and loving and so wonderfully worthy of worship.

It grieves me that so many people are turning the Christian experience into all sorts of unhealthy deviations where we are simply called to die to ourselves and allow God to keep filling us with His Spirit so we can live for Him and glorify Him.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020

I'm completely aware of The Holy Spirit's presence, but personally more in the "Still Small voice" way - No Hurricane, earthquake, or firestorm, just the consciousness of His presence in the words being spoken, or a situation encountered.