HAVE YOU FOUND GOD'S AMAZING GRACE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

simplyme_bekah

JESUS IS LORD The Way, The Truth, The Life
HAVE YOU FOUND GOD'S AMAZING GRACE
"Only fools say in their hearts, 'There is no God' They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; no one does good! Oh, that salvation would come from Mount Zion to rescue Israel! For when the Lord restores his people, Jacob will shout with joy, and Israel will rejoice." Psalm 14:1-7 NLT

Rescued from rebellion
Young John Newton called himself an atheist, and his life demonstrated his lack of belief in God. Even the coarsest sailors aboard his slave-trading ship could not stand his filthy speech. He brutalized the male slaves and sexually abused the women, and he prodded other sailors to do the same. The ship's captain finally put him ashore on the coast of Africa, and there he became a servant of slavers.

Finally rescued by another merchant ship, Newton once again fouled the ship with his presence. In a drunken stupor he almost plunged overboard, and the captain wished that he had. Then, amazingly in the midst of a vicious ocean storm in 1748, God touched his heart. Years after his remarkable conversion, Newton commented, "I see no reason why the Lord singled me out for mercy unless it was to show that with him nothing is impossible."
The fool who had said in his heart that there was no God was now transformed. He became famous throughout England, both as a preacher and a writer of hymns. Without a doubt, the best-known hymn of this former atheist is the following:

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.
JOHN NEWTON

O

OFM

thanx so very much alot for sharring this Jesus,Way Truth Life IS Is Is see John 10:10-John 14:1-6. 1st John 5:9-13

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Thank you for informing us of God's graceful work in John Newton's life, Simplyme_bekah.

I put together this video of an instrumental version of Amazing Grace, accompanied with Scriptures of God's grace towards us. I think it would go well with your post.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0F-b0Knkbg[/video]

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yes this was an amazing post sounds a lot like saul doesn't it?

S

shirley

i found GODS amazing grace when he took my chains and ive been set free ; amen

S

simplyme_bekah

Thank you for informing us of God's graceful work in John Newton's life, Simplyme_bekah.

I put together this video of an instrumental version of Amazing Grace, accompanied with Scriptures of God's grace towards us. I think it would go well with your post.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0F-b0Knkbg[/video]
Oh thank you very much. Wish I could figure out how to load youtube videos to this.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Oh thank you very much. Wish I could figure out how to load youtube videos to this.
Hi Simplyme_bekah. I am glad you enjoyed the video. To learn how to imbed YouTube videos in a post, go to the Christian Music Forum, and the second post at the top explains how to do it.