Have You Met God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 4, 2013
I'm just curious if anyone has encountered someone that you suspect you may have talked directly to God through, Or if anyone has had that kind of experience where you feel like, "that's just creepy." Or, "Why would you say that." Or a complete conversation where all the right answers came from the most unsuspecting person. Any stories to go with this kind of experience would be great to listen to!

K

kenisyes

"Angel" is a ministry, not just a being created for that purpose. The word means "messenger". Any human can be an "angel" for a little while. What's really creepy is when your donkey starts prophesying to you (like Balaam).

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
Well, I haven't heard God audibly yet. But a few months ago, I heard him more profoundly than I usually do... It freaked me out and made me cry with joy. All he said was "your will or mine?" and the next day I was like "C'MON GOD TALK TO ME MORE!! YELL AT ME!!! I LOVE IT!"

lol

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Yes! One of those happened when I was 21 or so....before I became a Christian. I was working with a guy a little older than me and he casually mentioned the Bible...he didn't say much about it, but it prompted me to say "I have trouble with the Bible". He responded "have you read it?". We couldn't talk about it anymore because something work-related came up. It was such a simple question but it penetrated my heart and mind so completely. Well, that makes sense...how can you not believe something you haven't even read?

SpudLove

Jan 17, 2013
God speaks to me with such things as -

when forgiving what people do, forgive also what they did not do

Just this morning a prophet told me that through the Holy Spirit, I was told to minister. But when I have these messages /experiences I often dont know what to do with them so will probably just write them down for now!

Jan 4, 2013
Just this morning a prophet told me that through the Holy Spirit, I was told to minister. But when I have these messages /experiences I often dont know what to do with them so will probably just write them down for now![/quote]

I feel this way often. Not so much to minister, but I write things down even if they don't make sense. When I go back to re-read some of what I write/type in private, it sometimes feels like I was not the author. Or it will make sense a few days later etc. I don't share these things publicly because I understand how it would lack in clarity to any one other than me. Which causes some struggle at times, but I trust in God so I continue to write these things down, even if I never share certain things!

Thanks all for sharing -Mike

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have met God twice, the first time was when i had my first vision, he showed me his plan for the world, and i stood right beside him as i gazed upon the beauty of his plan. I cried because of its beauty. Then recently he and i were infront of each other, and he said i need to stop drinking coffe, i said but god i need it to wake up in the morning. He then said then just drink it in the morning. I have a coffee addiction and it messes with my health, but at first i didn't listen to him but recently i had enough and decided to give it up. it won't be easy but i will try.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
What has amazed and dazzled me, is when God Our Father answers the question, forming in ones mind, before one finishes the thought.

Faith is trully how we hear His word, and recieve His understanding! :)

God bless
pickles

P

Precious_Sunflower

What has amazed and dazzled me, is when God Our Father answers the question, forming in ones mind, before one finishes the thought.

Faith is trully how we hear His word, and recieve His understanding! :)

God bless
pickles
Also what amazes me is when we do experience those things, others even fellow beleivers can tell you that maybe it is a part of your imagination, or only that you wanted it to come out like that. ;)

Some might think we are just a little bit insane, but this is perhaps how it is others might look at this if you do happen to be having a lot of faith in Christ Jesus. :)

What counts is to keep on beleiving in what God gives you, also when the Holy Spirit warns you from something that is bad or when the Holy Spirit tells you about something that is good. We need to learn to listening more to what God the Father tells us more than what others tells us. The enemy can even use many of us if we aren't aware of him, sometimes.

P

Precious_Sunflower

God speaks to me with such things as -

when forgiving what people do, forgive also what they did not do

Just this morning a prophet told me that through the Holy Spirit, I was told to minister. But when I have these messages /experiences I often dont know what to do with them so will probably just write them down for now!
Yes, I am planning to get back writing down my thoughts and feelings, to me this works very well, also helps me seeing situations and other things given to me clearer as well, and often I can feel as there is so much wisdom coming through what I write as well as comfort and encouragement from God.

I know someone in this forum do not beleive in that the Holy Spirit can talk or reveal things for me, perhaps because a lot of people that are already into a higher position as well as having a form of ministry, easily beleives that God only talks to those who are already seen as a form of leaders by other people.

But now; Even Jesus Himself tells about that those who are seen as less in other people's eyes will be used for greater things in God, than those who are seen as greater in other people's eyes. :) Maybe because those who get into a higher position into the Christian world can easily look down on those who might be seen as being in a lower position, or this is how I feel everything seemes to being connected for many Christian Beleivers.

Yet, I beleive strongly that this is more about faith than what position you are having in a church or ministry, often God used those who were seen as very small in other people's eyes to be doing much greater things as well, not everyone that were used in the bible were very popular among the people.

I want to trust what God has given and will still be giving me, no matter what other fellow beleivers might say or think about me. What faith I have in the Lord is between me and Him, and I beleive I can be greatly used by Him too. Just keep on holding unto what God gives you, and keep the faith about it as well. :)

Feb 11, 2012
God speaks through His Holy Word, but many do not even listen to His word and obey it! They look for signs and wonders to tickle their ears and make them feel good inside while they never really love His word. I know God can do anything He pleases, and I have seen so many false spirits coming out of the churches they get all caught up in this slain in the spirit hype, where God comes down and talks with them, and makes them do weird things in front of the other members. But most today have a problem with just listening to their God given conscience and the conviction of the spirit upon them, telling them to repent and seek His mercy! I guess the most important thing to remember is to fear God and obey His commands, and make sure you are IN the faith, and not grieving the Holy Spirit of God!Grieving the Holy Spirit
And do notgrieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day ofredemption. Eph4:30

But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So Heturned Himself against them as an enemy, AndHe fought against them. Isa63:10

And the Lord was sorry that He had mademan on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. Gen6:6
The definition of

Feb 11, 2012
Grieving the Holy Spirit
And do notgrieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day ofredemption. Eph4:30

But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So Heturned Himself against them as an enemy, AndHe fought against them. Isa63:10

And the Lord was sorry that He had mademan on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. Gen6:6
The definition of ‘Grieve’ is to make someone sorrowful,mournful or brokenhearted by offense. Causing the Holy Spirit of God to grievecan result in His departure from your midst. The Holy Spirit was sent toconvict the world of sin, righteousness and Judgment, (Jh16:8) without HisDivine influence man is at the mercy of his own conscience. (Rom2:15) If that‘conscience’ is given over to self-indulgence and seeking the pleasures of lifeit will naturally ‘excuse’ wrong behavior as normal.
Woe to those who call evilgood, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Whoput bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isa5:20
Here we have a snap shot of the Church System. They have notonly ‘grieved’ the Holy Spirit to the end degree, they have also QUENCHED(or extinguished) His godly restraint to stay the hand of the evil doers. Hence‘insanity’ is out of control as the Prophet Isaiah has said, everything is inreverse! People walk after the imaginations of their own hearts. God isanything they want Him to be. No behavior is immoral and no one can Judge. The‘Man of Sin’ (2Thess2:3) is ‘MANKIND’ himself; Unleashed and fully lawless!
The comingof the lawless one is accordingto the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and withall unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receivethe love of the truth, that they might be saved. And forthis reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe thelie that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth buthad pleasure in unrighteousness. 2Thess2:9-12
It’s the Religious establishment churches that are underthis ‘Strong delusion’ spoken of by Paul. They teach the people that an‘anti-Christ’ person will show up soon, deceive the world (I suppose they meanthe world of unbelievers) and plunge mankind into the Great Tribulation. Mostof them however expect to be Raptured out before the real troubles begins. Butthe VERY reason the unwary masses fall for fairy tales like this, is the‘absence’ of the Holy Spirit. They actually assume He is present among them‘restraining’ the appearing of anti-Christ! When in reality the Religiousestablishment itself is the ANTI-CHRIST!
1Thess5:19 says: Do not quench the Spirit.Thismeans to ‘Suppress, Stifle, or quench’ as in putting out a fire. TheMark9:44-48 passage where Jesus describes Gehenna (the lake of fire, Rev21:8)uses this same word in that the ‘Fire is NEVER Quenched!’
When someone Grieves and finally Quenches the Holy Spiritthe decline in spirituality is rapid. I have seen people fall away and departfrom the faith (who previously demonstrated deeds worthy of salvation) and it’sas though the lights went out inside them. It’s a speedy decent into indifferentand frigidity. Just as a serious degenerative disease will quickly take a tollon bodily strength, so the departure of the Holy Spirit will reap its toll onthe human spirit.
Those alive to God can understand whyHeb6:1-6 says that’s its ‘Impossible’ to restore such a one torepentance. If indeed, as the passage says, they were genuinely enlightened,have tasted the heavenly gift and were partakers of the Holy Spirit, thelikelihood of restoration is a VERY slim possibility. As follows any significantrevival of Truth in the established Church is also ‘impossible’. Greek: ‘adynatos’: ‘Without strength,impotent, powerless, weakly, disabled, unable to be done.’

The Church System has conceptualizedmake-believe ‘Christianity’ in the world that is devoid of the Holy Spirit. Ithas all the trimmings of authenticity including a lifelike IMAGE of Christ! Butit’s a figment of man’s imagination and operates according to the sub standardsof humanity. Their entire foundation is built on resistance of the Holy Spirit.The stiff-necked are drawn in because the systematic structure caters to theirflesh…those whose ‘god is their belly and glory in their shame!’ (Phil3:19) Asmisery loves company so darkness invites evil. Without the blessed HolySpirit’s restraining powers the authoritative systems of earth are given overto Satan’s full control. Even among those to whom the Oracles of God wereentrusted in order to enlighten mankind to His Truth the spirit of error turnedthem into murderers!
You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart andears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers notpersecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, ofwhom you now have become the betrayers and murderers, who havereceived the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it Acts7:51-53
Hence we have the modern ReligiousSystem with a Substitute Gospel and ‘Surrogate’ Holy Spirit, who appears tothem in many forms suitable to their modes of worship. Described here: ‘For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselvesinto apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transformshimself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if hisministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose endwill be according to their works’ 2Cor11:13-15
But they think it’s the Real thing; Just as THEY are bonafide Christians! All part of the same collective System that has Suppressed theTruth since the days of ancient Rome, murdered the true Saints and bowed at thealtars of Satan. Completely VOID of the Holy Spirit to convict them of Sin,Righteousness and Judgment to Come.

Jan 4, 2013
Tommy4Christ- I've been so full of grief over all of the people I feel powerless to help that I tried myself to justify returning to some sinful ways as a way to cope. I felt so good after coming to God and accepting Jesus Christ that for a few days I truly believed I could "save the world." I came very close to self justifying some of my old ways, telling myself "it's not the same because I won't let it effect anyone but myself." I came very close to turning my back everything that God has helped me to achieve in my life in the past month. My improved attitude, my repentance of sin. Improved ambition that gave me energy to start volunteering in my town. My overall mission to add to the life of Gods word with my death on earth. I get overexcited sometimes. But I am working very hard to remind myself everyday that I need to read more of my bible. I do not regret any "missteps" I may have taken in my haste to leave the darkness of my past that I am leaving behind, because I have learned from it. Instead I thank God and praise Jesus all the more for not giving up on me even when I get ahead of myself. As I walk with Jesus, I learn that sometimes the things I am shown or hear are only meant for me. And that it is the same with others. I am not special, I am not proud. I am thankful and I reserve my joy from each day to be shared with God at night through my prayers. Sometimes I admit to God that I do not want all of the answers. So when a problem or a struggle occurs that does not require immediate action, I take a nap. Every singe time I awake, whether it be 10 minutes or an hour, I feel like a new man. Like Jesus took all of the struggle away. Or I wake well rested in the middle of a clear and answering thought that I can not help but to smile at. It is usually simple and I am able to face my problem with strong faith knowledge that it will put to rest any bad that came of it, and bring to light all good that came from it.

K

kenisyes

Michael, Jesus found you when you were doing something else. He will find them as well. Your prayer for them will make it sooner.