Having trouble getting into the chat rooms??? Any ideas as to why.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 15, 2013
Hello,

I'm new to CC.

I can navigate all around the site with the exception of 'Statements and Articles' with no problem. S&A will not open - there are two statements that pop up as to why and I copy and paste them if necessary.

The window opens for chat and it has biblegateway on the right and a picture on the left part of the screen. The indicator that the window, or that cc is working on a connection, pops up right away then the indicator disappears and leaves only the picture and BG visible. Nothing else becomes visible.

I'm not sure if anything else could be the problem. I am on a Christian University network - That may be the problem in that many sites have been blocked by the administration - So I will, over the next few days, try to log in on a different network to see if that may be the problem.

In the meantime, maybe there is something I'm not trying and can get some direction and advice here.

Joy in Jesus.

Sep 15, 2013
Message I get when I try to go on statements and articles!

sparkie2003, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thank you!

U

Ugly

Message I get when I try to go on statements and articles!

sparkie2003, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thank you!
Hi, it's me again, haha.
This is a mod/admin area only. Regular users are not allowed in there.

As far as the other..
Are you on Windows? Which browser? Did you update your Flash?
These are the most common and basic solutions/questions. Others with more technical know how will hopefully come in and be more useful. But if you have this information up when they try to assist you it could help things go faster in figuring out the problem.

Sep 15, 2013
Thanks "ugly".

I updated flash player.

I'm on a macbook pro and using Safari. Would that make a difference?

U

Ugly

Thanks "ugly".

I updated flash player.

I'm on a macbook pro and using Safari. Would that make a difference?
Ooo... ouch, i know nothing about Mac/Apple 0.0
Far as i know there are users here that have Apple/Safari and it functions fine for them. But umm... yeah. You lost me at macbook. haha.

Now where are those techie types? They're always in here.

Sep 15, 2013
All the mac book users are most likely updating to IOS 7. Waste of time to update if you ask me - But no one did so I guess I'm just putting that out there. :)

Maybe they will be back when they figure out how to get rid of the new update on all their devices. Till then I guess I will have to wait. I have not been off campus yet to try logging using a different network. We have a new network manager this semester and he has been blocking all sorts of sites - It even makes it a little more difficult to do some research.

The wife of the 'Dean of academic affairs', told me to try eharmony one day while we were joking around about me being single and not dating. Kinda hard for me on a campus where the oldest single male could be a potential boy-friend for my daughter. LOL.. Anyway even that is blocked.

When I get the opportunity I will try then I will know if the chat site is somehow blocked - but I usually get a message saying the site is blocked. Oh well.

Maybe when they are done with their updates they will come back?

Thanks for the advice...

PS: Maybe I will post a thread specifically for them! Till then I still have to forums. Thanks!

U

Ugly

The wife of the 'Dean of academic affairs', told me to try eharmony one day while we were joking around about me being single and not dating. Kinda hard for me on a campus where the oldest single male could be a potential boy-friend for my daughter.
Sounds like you have it made then! hahaha... Couldn't resist. :rolleyes: