He that overcometh shall inherit all things !

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 21, 2013
Rev 21:7

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

In the original its really he that is overcoming, present tense active !

Now exactly who is it that shall do this, be overcoming ? Why it is all for whom Christ died, all who are of the House He is building Heb 3:6

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

What Hope ? this one 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

That Hope, a Living one given us in New Birth which was by the Resurrection of Christ from having died for us, if we have that Hope !

Now Rev 21:7 is speaking of all those Christ died for, Joint Heirs with Him Rom 8:17, and He died for them as their Representative Head ! All for whom Christ died shall be overcoming, sin, satan, and the world, simply because Christ overcame them their enemies and gives them the Victory 1 Cor 15:57. When He did it, it was not as a private person, but as an Public represenative and head, for His Body the Church, and He inherits all things in their behalf, as their Head and Husband !

Jesus says here Jn 16:33

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus here in essence is saying to His Church, Be of good cheer, because I in behalf of you, have overcome the world. The word overcome here is in the perfect tense , meaning I have already overcome with results of it continuing on ! If the Head has overcome, then the Body must participate in that Victory ! Yes they shall take or have a part or share,in the overcoming Victory of their Prince !

Sep 4, 2012
And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

Jan 21, 2013
And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.
If you are born of God, Victorious Faith comes from New Birth, not the natural man !

1 Jn 5:4

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Jul 26, 2013
If you are born of God, Victorious Faith comes from New Birth, not the natural man !

1 Jn 5:4

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Every man was given a measure of faith.

Jan 21, 2013
Every man was given a measure of faith.
Thats a Lie. 2 Thess 3:2

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

Neither have all men been born of God in order to have Faith that overcomes the World. 1 Jn 5:4

And finally, Faith pleases God Heb 11:6 and they which are of the flesh [not born again] cannot please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Now one last thing, the scripture you quoted Rom 12:3

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

That refers to the born again and saved. You have taken it out of its context and used it to bare false witness !

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Yes they shall take or have a part or share,in the overcoming Victory of their Prince !
There is a conditional 'if' to the above statement!

Matt 24v13: "he who endures to the end shall be saved."

2Tim 2v12: "If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us."

So, GET ENDURING! :p

Jul 26, 2013
Thats a Lie. 2 Thess 3:2

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

Neither have all men been born of God in order to have Faith that overcomes the World. 1 Jn 5:4

And finally, Faith pleases God Heb 11:6 and they which are of the flesh [not born again] cannot please God Rom 8:8

Now one last thing, the scripture you quoted Rom 12:3

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
That refers to the born again and saved. You have taken it out of its context and used it to bare false witness !
Wow! The children of the flesh do have faith, and are part of the 'every man'. But just as Cain, their offering is not accepted.

What man is not born of God?

O

overcomer2

What man is not born of God? That was interesting.
God is the creator of all but not the Father of all. Some are of their father the devil.

We shall overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Must have that testimony...

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Now exactly who is it that shall do this, be overcoming ? Why it is all for whom Christ died, all who are of the House He is building Heb 3:6

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

That Hope, a Living one given us in New Birth which was by the Resurrection of Christ from having died for us, if we have that Hope !

Now Rev 21:7 is speaking of all those Christ died for, Joint Heirs with Him Rom 8:17, and He died for them as their Representative Head ! All for whom Christ died shall be overcoming, sin, satan, and the world, simply because Christ overcame them their enemies and gives them the Victory 1 Cor 15:57. When He did it, it was not as a private person, but as an Public represenative and head, for His Body the Church, and He inherits all things in their behalf, as their Head and Husband !

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus here in essence is saying to His Church, Be of good cheer, because I in behalf of you, have overcome the world. The word overcome here is in the perfect tense , meaning I have already overcome with results of it continuing on ! If the Head has overcome, then the Body must participate in that Victory ! Yes they shall take or have a part or share,in the overcoming Victory of their Prince !
We still have to watch our garments and be watchful staying at his fasted as a chaste virgin till his arrival in all christlike manner as the spirit develops you but how far you want to be watchful is up to you as a believer

Jul 26, 2013
What man is not born of God? That was interesting.
God is the creator of all but not the Father of all. Some are of their father the devil.

We shall overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Must have that testimony...
He told Peter that he was of the same spirit. It is one of error.

Malachi 2:10

10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Do not be deceived into the twisting of words of men beloved. Whatever one may call Him, we ALL come from the same source.

Jan 21, 2013
We still have to watch our garments and be watchful staying at his fasted as a chaste virgin till his arrival in all christlike manner as the spirit develops you but how far you want to be watchful is up to you as a believer
Those Jesus died for are all overcomers because His overcoming is theirs !

Jan 21, 2013
spitf

Wow! The children of the flesh do have faith
Thats only what you say ! I believe scripture over you any day. Faith Pleases God Heb 11:6 and those in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Jan 21, 2013
jb

There is a conditional 'if' to the above statement!
The condition is wheter or not Christ died for you. If He did, then He overcame for you !

O

overcomer2

from the Bible:

• John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
  • We have the same creator not all have the same father.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
jb

The condition is wheter or not Christ died for you. If He did, then He overcame for you !
We DON'T overcome by simply sitting on our arses and doing NOTHING!

We overcome, (in Him) BY ENDURING, just as the Scriptures I gave state!

QED!

Jan 21, 2013
We DON'T overcome by simply sitting on our arses and doing NOTHING!

We overcome, (in Him) BY ENDURING, just as the Scriptures I gave state!

QED!
I am witnessing about the God and Christ I serve, and all those overcome that He died for, because His death and overcoming was for them as a Gift, He gives them the Victory through Himself. 1 Cor 15:57

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

And its the Victory that overcometh the World 1 Jn 5:4

Jul 26, 2013
spitf

Thats only what you say ! I believe scripture over you any day. Faith Pleases God Heb 11:6 and those in the flesh cannot please God Rom 8:8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The children of the flesh cannot please God. This doesn't mean they do not have faith. Again ALL is measured out faith. Cain had faith and believed! Did he not bring an offering unto the Lord? The problem then is not in the faith, but the offering.

Now we talk about God and the bible all day long, meanwhile 30,000 more of His children died today because of simple hunger. Are we not those very same children of the flesh? How are we pleasing God, by going to church once a week? By belief? By praying for those who are homeless and starving? Those that are starving know that it is ample food for all. But those who have these things can care less!

Are we pleasing God? NO my friend! As with Cain so it is with us, that faith without works is DEAD! And THIS is why we still die when we no longer have to.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2013
sof

The children of the flesh cannot please God.
All men by nature are in the flesh. We are born in the flesh, thats why Jesus said Jn 3:6-7

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Until one is born again we are flesh, sorry, that goes for you and me and anyone else. The only way to escape it is to be born again !

And so until born again, we cannot please God Rom8:8

Now if you think you better than everyone else and could please God in the flesh, then that's your pride !

Cain had faith and believed! Did he not bring an offering unto the Lord?
he bought forth an offering but it was not by Faith as Abel's was. Heb 11:4

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Last edited:

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013

Jesus here in essence is saying to His Church, Be of good cheer, because I in behalf of you, have overcome the world. The word overcome here is in the perfect tense , meaning I have already overcome with results of it continuing on ! If the Head has overcome, then the Body must participate in that Victory ! Yes they shall take or have a part or share,in the overcoming Victory of their Prince ![/QUOTE]

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: note

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. note

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: