Healing my heart!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Timofree

The other day I went to a service for people who are (generally) struggling with alcohol/drugs etc.......... are/have been homeless etc.......

My first thought was, I'd like to help these people, and then when I got there God was moving powerfully amongst everyone, as we sang and prayed........and then I burst into tears, I realized I needed help as much as, maybe even more than some others there.....!!!

I'm tired of fighting, and trying to control things that God wants to do.....and God used me being amongst these people to work on my heart.....!!!

The awesome news is, God wants to help me, and you, much more than we want to be helped.....!!! However giving up, and surrendering all to God can be painful at times, He's so worth it though.....!!!

No matter how many years and tears it takes, to be able to say God is good at all times...... It's worth it, keep going, keep going.....!!!

J

ji

The other day I went to a service for people who are (generally) struggling with alcohol/drugs etc.......... are/have been homeless etc.......

My first thought was, I'd like to help these people, and then when I got there God was moving powerfully amongst everyone, as we sang and prayed........and then I burst into tears, I realized I needed help as much as, maybe even more than some others there.....!!!

I'm tired of fighting, and trying to control things that God wants to do.....and God used me being amongst these people to work on my heart.....!!!

The awesome news is, God wants to help me, and you, much more than we want to be helped.....!!! However giving up, and surrendering all to God can be painful at times, He's so worth it though.....!!!

No matter how many years and tears it takes, to be able to say God is good at all times...... It's worth it, keep going, keep going.....!!!
So True Brother :)
Actually people with disabilities are much stronger than us,because they fight one more day to live with their disabilities that it doesn't matter to them in long run...
But when we have everything we see the weakest of the weakest in us..and still we complain..
your Testimony is humbling me too..:)
Worship breaks chains and make us realize nothing can hold us back from the King of King's Grace...:)

God Bless and for the Glorious shared future with that special someone God has kept for you...;)
:cool:

O

oldthennew

So True Brother :)
Actually people with disabilities are much stronger than us,because they fight one more day to live with their disabilities that it doesn't matter to them in long run...
But when we have everything we see the weakest of the weakest in us..and still we complain..
your Testimony is humbling me too..:)
Worship breaks chains and make us realize nothing can hold us back from the King of King's Grace...:)

God Bless and for the Glorious shared future with that special someone God has kept for you...;)
:cool:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's nothing like serving. it does truly keep us humble and wanting to
be better and better for the glory of God. it can open long locked doors
and give us freedom from so many webs that snag us along our way in
life.
no matter where we are in our walk, as long as our steps are taking us
on what our Lord defines as a righteous path, our hearts seeking
His love and approval, we don't need to fear.

J

ji

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

life.
i lost some chances in the past to do the washing of the feet service before Holy Communion...
Its easy and was always easy for me to talk about my humbleness but when time comes i see myself as an arrogant prick..

Hope in the coming times i will be Living a Life Hid in Christ more and empty myself in Serving others,pick more up from the pit and somehow finally enter Glory of God by His Perfect Grace..
Thanks for sharing your views my Friend in Christ.
God Bless.:)

T

Timofree

i lost some chances in the past to do the washing of the feet service before Holy Communion...
Its easy and was always easy for me to talk about my humbleness but when time comes i see myself as an arrogant prick..

Hope in the coming times i will be Living a Life Hid in Christ more and empty myself in Serving others,pick more up from the pit and somehow finally enter Glory of God by His Perfect Grace..
Thanks for sharing your views my Friend in Christ.
God Bless.:)
I appreciate your heart in this post Brother, and thank you for your comments :)

We're all works in progress, and like me, maybe you've missed some chances to do what God was saying.....but at all times, it's good to repent and find the next moment what God's saying to do, whether that's preaching, washing feet, alone time with Him.....etc....!!

He sees your heart, and desire to follow Him :) God bless you and your heart, shalom man :)

T

Timofree

life.
Thank you Brother, this is a timely word of encouragement for me........as I have been fearing, God bless you!

O

oldthennew

thank you both for the lovely, heartfelt posts.
they are very much appreciated.

we surely learn as we travel ahead in our journey that we can't hide from God,
or ourselves.
we come to realize that two of satan's most powerful tools are 'fear/doubt'.

repenting, overcoming, staying steadfast in our hearts and bodies is a daily
challenge that is impossible without our precious Lord's help.

I am constantly amazed at how our smallest efforts are rewarded with
strength and trust and hope.
our Lord is so generous and kind.

my husband and I are so humbled and thankful for The Master's hands
in our lives,
our daily desire is to conquer the 'old-man', and let the 'new-man' live
that the dust of our every step may be a sweet savour to Jesus Christ, our Lord.

J

ji

thank you both for the lovely, heartfelt posts.
they are very much appreciated.

we surely learn as we travel ahead in our journey that we can't hide from God,
or ourselves.
we come to realize that two of satan's most powerful tools are 'fear/doubt'.

repenting, overcoming, staying steadfast in our hearts and bodies is a daily
challenge that is impossible without our precious Lord's help.

I am constantly amazed at how our smallest efforts are rewarded with
strength and trust and hope.
our Lord is so generous and kind.

my husband and I are so humbled and thankful for The Master's hands
in our lives,
our daily desire is to conquer the 'old-man', and let the 'new-man' live
that the dust of our every step may be a sweet savour to Jesus Christ, our Lord.
your words are golden,we need wise words like this in Christian realm..