Healing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 14, 2013
Can someone with the gift of healing heal themselves Why or why not ?

L

Lindasue

You heal your self through prayer

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I take the position that it is the Lord that sovereignly heals whether we pray for ourselves or someone else.

R

reject-tech

I think they'd refuse to, as a matter of the principle of making self come last.

Oct 14, 2013
3 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

[SUP]10 [/SUP]And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.

Oct 14, 2013
If sin is in your heart how can you heal yourself ?

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Paul couldn't heal himself from the "thorn in his side"

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Paul couldn't heal himself from the "thorn in his side"
This was NOT a physical malady!

The thorn in Paul's flesh was the great persecution he suffered (in the flesh) for Christ's sake, this persecution was orchestrated by the powers of darkness (2Cor 12v7) to keep Paul humble because of the great revelations of truth he had received from the Risen Lord. 2Cor 11v21-12v10, Gal 1v12.

For those interested, you can find a bit of a study on healing Here

Yahweh Shalom...

E

Eva1218

Healing comes from GOD and HIM only. Some are anointed to heal and some GOD will use just at that moment. It is written that when one is in need of healing they are to go to the elders and get anointed with oil. We also know that JESUS gave HIS disciples the Gift of healing.

Blessings!!!!!!!

Oct 14, 2013
Why is it called the gifts of healing and not gift of healing ?