Heart walking on His Sonshine...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Oh how I appreciate how His grace has filled my heart to fullness, where I no longer walk in the shadows of guilt, shame and rejection. I may have a weak moment or two, but less and less, because of Him and His Grace. My heart is walking on His Sonshine and I am so grateful.

I want to share some of this author, Lysa Terkeurst. She really delivers a potent punch with her eloquently expressed words...

Anything that infuses us with humility is good. Even if it feels a bit like humiliation in the moment, the workings of humility within are a gift. The tweaking of us by God in the quiet is the saving of us in public. The only difference between humility and humiliation is that one chose to bow low while the other tripped and fell there. Either way, the sweetest grace lifted my face, and I saw that on the other side of the stripping of pride are some of the best gifts God gives us.

To love God is to cooperate with His grace. And since I’m so very aware of my own need for grace, I must be willing to freely give it away. Each hole left from rejection must become an opportunity to create more and more space for grace in my heart.

if we will step over the hurt feelings and turn from the box of bitter rot, we are then free to pick up the box of sweet, pure lilies. We can form bouquets to give away. We will linger with the smell of one who spends time with her fingers working through grace.

Instead of filling up this rejected space with insecurity, she found stability by filling it with grace. The more she hurt, the more she learned how to help others who were hurt.

Good huh?

Thank you Lord for authors like these that point to Your healing grace.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Oh how I appreciate how His grace has filled my heart to fullness, where I no longer walk in the shadows of guilt, shame and rejection. I may have a weak moment or two, but less and less, because of Him and His Grace. My heart is walking on His Sonshine and I am so grateful.

I want to share some of this author, Lysa Terkeurst. She really delivers a potent punch with her eloquently expressed words...

Anything that infuses us with humility is good. Even if it feels a bit like humiliation in the moment, the workings of humility within are a gift. The tweaking of us by God in the quiet is the saving of us in public. The only difference between humility and humiliation is that one chose to bow low while the other tripped and fell there. Either way, the sweetest grace lifted my face, and I saw that on the other side of the stripping of pride are some of the best gifts God gives us.

To love God is to cooperate with His grace. And since I’m so very aware of my own need for grace, I must be willing to freely give it away. Each hole left from rejection must become an opportunity to create more and more space for grace in my heart.

if we will step over the hurt feelings and turn from the box of bitter rot, we are then free to pick up the box of sweet, pure lilies. We can form bouquets to give away. We will linger with the smell of one who spends time with her fingers working through grace.

Instead of filling up this rejected space with insecurity, she found stability by filling it with grace. The more she hurt, the more she learned how to help others who were hurt.

Good huh?

Thank you Lord for authors like these that point to Your healing grace.
Beyond good, I would say it's great.