Heavy Exhortation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 14, 2016
~ Heavy Exhortation ~

Torn between two ways;
One is right, the other 'comfortable'.
The comfortable way is the coward's way; not doing what is right by simply going the other way.
The way to life is narrow and hard, the way to destruction is wide and easy.
Will you stand the test, or will you blow by the wayside?
Stand strong, you hypocrite—turn from your evil ways!
You may contradict what you believe at times, but you don't have to stay.
Progress reveals character. Progress brings development.
God will be your strength as you walk in His will. He will protect you.
And as you share in His sufferings, you know you will also share in His glory.
Lay down your pride and walk worthy of the call—I don't care how far you fall.
Stand up!
Defeat is a coward's reward.
Stand up! Endure the blows! Beat your body into submission!
As you offer up petition, you will be reminded of your mission;
Allow the Holy Spirit to give you true vision.
Now,
Walk worthy of the call.
Wrote this after thinking about compromise in my life. I felt heavy exhortation was an appropriate title, as it isn't very 'feel-good'. It was meant more to be a rebuke into my own life. But ultimately, we are seen as perfect when we are in the will of God, when we have surrendered to the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives, and have trusted Jesus as our savior. We must 'put on the new man'(Eph. 4:24), 'crucify our flesh and its desires' (Gal. 5:24) and live according to the Spirit (Romans 8:5-9).

P

pelicano

What a poem! Highly motivational!