Hell: seeking opinions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
X

xXTroubleXx

I'm very aware of the Bible verses about a place of damnation, eternal punishment, etc etc in the Bible. What I am looking for is opinions about the topic from anyone who is willing to share! So, please don't clog up the thread with ONLY bible verses and zero explanation about your feelings on the topic. Your opinions matter more than a bunch of text I have already read. THANKS! :)

Do you believe in Hell?

What does 'Hell' mean to you?

What are some things you DO believe about Hell and what are some things you DON'T believe about Hell?

Do you think you know anyone (like a friend/family member) who would go to Hell?

How do you cope if you feel like you know some of your best friends, family and other loved ones will go to Hell?

If you don't believe in Hell, how do you respond to the people who do believe and/or tell you you're wrong?

T

TPK85

Yeah, I do believe in hell. Hell means to me a place of sadness (pain, voilence and darkness), and I really believe that hell exists. The Bible, and near death experiences of people as a testimony .

If one of my family members would go to hell one day, I would feel guilty for not saving his or her soul - and it's our moral responsebility as christians to save souls.

Check this out: HELLSOUND FROM SIBERIA DIGGINGS - YouTube

What is interesting, some christians reckon when you die you go downwards (earth's core), or upwards to the sky/space (heaven)....

Interesting topic! :)

K

krs27

I DEFINITELY BELIEVE IN HELL, I THINK HELL IS A PLACE WHERE PEOPLES SOULS ARE ALIVE AND THEIR JUST BURNING.....I HAVE A COUSIN THAT MIGHT GO TO HELL...IF SOMEONE I CARED ABOUT WAS GOING TO HELL I WOULD FEEL BAD AND TELL THEM TO HURRY UP AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS!!!

P

Perk

I'm very aware of the Bible verses about a place of damnation, eternal punishment, etc etc in the Bible. What I am looking for is opinions about the topic from anyone who is willing to share! So, please don't clog up the thread with ONLY bible verses and zero explanation about your feelings on the topic. Your opinions matter more than a bunch of text I have already read. THANKS! :)

Do you believe in Hell?

What are some things you DO believe about Hell and what are some things you DON'T believe about Hell?

Do you think you know anyone (like a friend/family member) who would go to Hell?

How do you cope if you feel like you know some of your best friends, family and other loved ones will go to Hell?

If you don't believe in Hell, how do you respond to the people who do believe and/or tell you you're wrong?

Do you believe in Hell?
Yes
Hell is a place of eternal damnation, which all of mankind deserves because of our depravity.
What are some things you Do believe about Hell and what are some things you Don't believe about Hell?
I believe Hell is a firely place of eternal pain and seperation from God. I believe it is permanent. I don't believe that Hell is figurative or symbolic.
My sister would probably go if she died now. She does not seem to serve the Lord.
I trust in God and know that His will we be done on earth as it is in Heaven. So I know that He has a plan that is perfect. I trust in that.
N/A

Y

YoungServant

Yes i do believe in hell. to me hell means separation from God forever. I don't believe that there is anyone in hell at the moment. I know plenty of people that would go to hell. I can't cope it scares me a lot.

Sep 13, 2012
you know the well to hell recording and story was a hoax right? of course there is a hell but no one drilled into it in Siberia

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
Do you believe in Hell? Yes

- a place of eternal Suffering & condemnation

- Do believe
– place of suffering & torment Luke 16:23
- a gloomy dungeon 2 Peter 2:4
- with fire Matthew 5:22

- I don’t believe hell is like the garden of Eden

- Many of my friends and a few cousins

- I used to be disturbed over this matter. I prayed to the Lord for them and surrendered them into God’s hands and I asked God to give me peace over this matter because I can't force someone to accept Christ. John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him..."
I asked God to use me to show them His unconditional love which is way beyond human love which is conditional and whenever an opportunity arises to actually talk about the gospel, I asked God to empower me through his spirit to speak boldly and with love.
Through God’s love, I came to the Lord through my uncle. My mother came to the Lord through my husband. And it was not bashing them on the head with the bible but it was through the love of God shown.

I have no answer for this cause I do believe in hell

J

jimmydiggs

Do you believe in Hell? [/quote]
Yes

Eternal punishment. The fullness of the wrath of God.

What are some things you DO believe about Hell
Anyone who is not redeemed will be there.

and what are some things you DON'T believe about Hell?
Unlike some people who claim to be Christian, I do not believe hell will only be occupied by the devil and his demons. I don't believe in Universalism.

Most of the people I know. Siblings, parents, other relatives, acquaintances, classmates, etc.

I don't "cope" as it doesn't bother me. It is the outpouring of God's justice. God is right to do what he will do with those who die in their sins, and I do not seek to interrupt him.

Most of the time, if they claim to be Christian these folk ignore scripture and go with personal preferences like Rob Bell. Others drop reading comprehension, and totally butcher the text.

Of the more secular type, generally these people have just one line: "that's so mean!"

S

simplyme_bekah

Do you believe in Hell?
Without a shadow of a doubt

Hell is where one goes if they refuse God as their savior

What are some things you Do believe about Hell and what are some things you Don't believe about Hell?
I believe everything the Bible says it is

Every single one of my family members are saved. I have friends that I pray for to get saved.

I pray for them and then I trust God to the rest.

W

wwjd_kilden

Yes I believe in hell

I believe it is eternal separation from God. To me the existence or non- existence sulfur, fire, etc is irrelevant:
To be separated from God is to be separated from Love, hardly something one would want.

From my understanding there is one place for the unsaved , anther for the demons, and both of them will be cast in the lake of fire (?)
However, again, it is irrelevant: If a person goes there he cannot go back. If he does not go there he cannot save anyone who is there.

My sisters and not saved, but they show vague interest in bible verses, we pray it will turn into more, and are clear on what we believe.
The majority of my friends are not saved.

C

chesser

Do you believe in Hell?

yes,depends which one(hades gehenna or taratus),its a place where people are burnt to death and only the fallen angels are alive there forever, no clue not my place, N/A, quote about 100 bible verses(that i know, there r definitly more) and put them on ignore if they start insulting me(that is. if on the internet).
oh and the siberian diggings...FAKE!!!

M

MiSSY0217

i believe hell is your own "customized" nightmare that you cant wake up from and just keeps getting worse and worse. everything that hurts you, scares you, causes you harm is there.

P

prodigal

Yeah, I do believe in hell. Hell means to me a place of sadness (pain, voilence and darkness), and I really believe that hell exists. The Bible, and near death experiences of people as a testimony .

If one of my family members would go to hell one day, I would feel guilty for not saving his or her soul - and it's our moral responsebility as christians to save souls.

Check this out: HELLSOUND FROM SIBERIA DIGGINGS - YouTube

What is interesting, some christians reckon when you die you go downwards (earth's core), or upwards to the sky/space (heaven)....

Interesting topic! :)
that sound is fake, noises thats all dont be misled

M

MYRedeemedinJC

]Do you believe in Hell? Yes, I do!

What does 'Hell' mean to you? Hell is an evil place where all go that don't have Jesus Christ as their personal Savior! It is THE place of eternal torment and where the fullness of God's wrath abides on you FOREVER!

I believe Hell was only intended for the Devil and his following fallen angels, but since Man fell and brought sin on Mankind, Mankind could also now be cast into Hell as well as the devil and his angels without Jesus Christ! I don't believe that you are sentenced into Hell and then a time after you can be released. I don't believe you are ever completely destroyed in Hell, you'll just have pain and torment forever!

I'll just say yes. We'll stop right there... lol!

I would try my best to tell them they don't have to go there and tell them what I know about Jesus Christ, but after that, there's not much I can do. It's totally up to their freewill now..

---------------------------

Last edited:

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I think I'd rather depend on the bible verses instead of opinions ;)

Jul 25, 2012
Do you believe in Hell?

Yes.
I believe it is a a place of torment.
I believe those who are not found in the Lamb's book of life will go there. I do not believe that anyone can escape.
Probably.
Well, they were given a choice.
(Do I have to answer the last question hypothetically?)

C

Cari99

I certainly believe in Hell. The thing I find hard to believe is that God let everyone who didn't accept or understand His truth for a finite time period be tormented for eternity. I would rather only the anti-christ and the beast were tormented for eternity in the Lake of Fire. Because I have heard some amazing stories of non-Christians doing acts of sacrificial love toward other human beings and if they don't know God, they still get an eternal punishment. In a way I understand, since God is an eternal God, our sin is eternal sin against Him. But it just seems....I don't know....hard to bear thinking of. Such as, I have a lot of very nice friends, who are not believers. It really breaks my heart.