Hello blessed ppl :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MarcoEG

My question is simple
Wht do u think about marriage between different races?
Thnx 4 ur add in advance:)

M

MissCris

...I see no problem with it, unless they believe differently.

S

Shouryu

My question is simple
Wht do u think about marriage between different races?
Thnx 4 ur add in advance:)
I see in your profile that you are from Egypt. I can imagine, although I won't assume, that there are still many outspoken people where you come from that see this as unacceptable.

Considering that the majority of the people posting live in English-as-first-language nations, and considering that most every English-first nation has had interracial marriages common in the last 40 years, you'll likely find that most of the people here have no qualms with it. Some of us may have been/currently are in an interracial marriage. Some of us, this THIS guy *points at self* are the product of interracial marriage.

And I'm not belittling our forum members who come from countries where English isn't their first language...

*pauses to point and grin at Jolanta and our several Filipinos who may have been raised with Tagalog first*

...it's just that I'm not aware of what's culturally acceptable where they are. Keep in mind, I'm not speaking from a legal standpoint, but from a cultural-majority standpoint. In the US, Canada, and Great Britain, it is the cultural norm for interracial unions to be acceptable. I want to say that is the case for Australia and New Zealand as well, but I do not know for certain, so we'll let TinTin handle that.

Now, if you live somewhere where the cultural norm considers it WRONG, does that make it wrong? As a Christian, I say no, it's still not wrong. Paul says we have all liberty in Christ. But if the rest of your society, even the Christians in your society, take serious issue with the...issue...(that wasn't awkward), then it's definitely a decision that shouldn't be made lightly.

P

Powemm

8*If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9*But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers

First Samuel 16:7b says, “The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”