Hello Everyone

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Asianplum

Jan 7, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I have recently renewed my faith and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. I grew up beliveing but with life's circumstances I drifted away. Now I am trying to live a more Christian life. Since I surrendered my life to Christ I am not who I once was. Right now I am struggling with determining who is a Christian and who is not? Is there a clear answer.

Asianplum

Dec 19, 2009
Welcome to Christian Chat, Asianplum.

I do not know if it should matter to us who is Christian and who is not. Our concern, it seems to me, is to make sure WE are doing the will of the Lord to the best of our ability.

Asianplum

Jan 7, 2012
True. But what if you are dating someone who doesn't have the same viewpoints as you? For instance...sex before marriage. I've always allowed it to happen but now I am doing everything not to do it again. Don't want to openly sin and live that way. Do you push aside your beliefs to keep the person you with or say good bye. I researched it and people say not to yolk with non-believers or other Christians who don't walk with God. Is that true about the second part?

Dec 19, 2009
You should not sin, not even to please a boyfriend.

I think it would help if you and your boyfriend had the same general religious beliefs. Our religious beliefs are an important part of our lives. We should all strive to walk with the Lord. If your boyfriend tries to prevent you from walking with the Lord, I would say good-bye immediately.

B

Bobbyking

Hi Asianplum

Welcome to CC! And may you find strength and motivation to walk with God everyday.

And what a delight to hear that you have renewed your faith in Christ. And I can imagine God the Father running towards you and hugging you despite the past.

As a Christian, God desires us to obey Him because:

1. He wants to bless us with joy and freedom etc.
2. He wants to protect us from harm, disease, unnecessary problems etc

When we allow Jesus to lead us, we must TRUST HIM FULLY. Jesus leads us with HIS PERFECT LOVE and if we allow ourselves to believe and accept that, we take our hands off and spend time reading his Word and listening to His voice.

This is ONE CLEAR way (but not the only way) to differentiate those who are serious about their walk with God and those who are not.

Asianplum

Jan 7, 2012
Resurrection,

We did break up because I did feel like he would prevent me from my walk. He didn't want to keep growing in faith. I've been talking to a few people and they all said the same thing.

Thanks,
Asianplum

U

Ugly

You're probably better off staying single as a new Christian. New Christians often have many misunderstandings of the faith. If you hook up with the wrong guy they can easily lead you astray, and since you have feelings toward them you may be more inclined to listen to their perspective as opposed to having teachings that can be verified by more than one person. Learn what you believe and why. Grow in God and focus on that for now. Just my suggestion.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hi welcome to Christian Chat
God Bless,