Hellooo Rainy Days!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Every year our climate is changing wonderfully.Too much heat in summer, Too much rain in rainy days. The heat was too much to bear this summer. How I wish there is a push button where we can control our climate. hahaha. Like if we want it to be just a little bit hot or we want some rain we can do it by pressing a certain button.

In school, we are taught that there are only have two seasons in the Philippines: sunny and monsoon. We’re also taught which months fall in the wet season, and which ones fall in the dry. In real life though, we learn that we only have one kind of weather here: unpredictable. Which is why we should always be ready for the rainy season? Which reminds I need to buy an umbrella. @___@

N

nettie

Wanna give you a hi-five for the climate control thingy! ;)

I love the rainy days and I can't stand the hot weather. And I totally agree that our weather is so unpredictable. It's like in the morning its too hot then by mid afternoon rain starts to pour down. How I wish we have winter. I wanna see snow.... :(

dliz

Jun 13, 2012
Wanna give you a hi-five for the climate control thingy! ;)

I love the rainy days and I can't stand the hot weather. And I totally agree that our weather is so unpredictable. It's like in the morning its too hot then by mid afternoon rain starts to pour down. How I wish we have winter. I wanna see snow.... :(

Hahaha. I dont like rainy days because it's so hard to commute and then you have to carry an umbrella with you. *Sigh*

N

nettie

Yeah, that's one disadvantage. And the flood.... :(

dliz

Jun 13, 2012

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
How much does it rain there?

Does everybody need a boat?
:)

dliz

Jun 13, 2012

The weather here is pretty bipolar, Maxwell. It is usually very hot in the morning and it rains during the afternoon. Tropical storms are pretty normal in the Philippines so might as well start making a boat in preparation for the flood. LOL.

jangel

May 12, 2010

As much as this

934645_10200844185658313_1463990829_n (1).jpg
That happened last Wednesday here in Davao, the rain lasted for 2 hours I think. I'm glad I went home early that day.

And... boat? Why need boat if you can swim! :p

N

nettie

Massive flooding, especially in the lowlands. But in our province, it rarely flood but it rains all the time.
So no, not really everybody needs a boat.

As much as this

View attachment 50720
That happened last Wednesday here in Davao, the rain lasted for 2 hours I think. I'm glad I went home early that day.

And... boat? Why need boat if you can swim! :p

Woah, jangel. The rain lasted for 2 hours? I really don't wanna think what will be the flood level when the rain will last more than that....:(

jangel

May 12, 2010
Woah, jangel. The rain lasted for 2 hours? I really don't wanna think what will be the flood level when the rain will last more than that....:(

lampas tao ang baha and yung ibang areas talagang abot roof na, yan dito sa Davao, the city is progressing pero pati baha ang laki ng progress, sana masolusyunan na ng government soon.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
When in the Philippines I'll be sure to rent an "underwater" van.

: )

jangel

May 12, 2010
Haha stop trying to save yourself from flood Maxwel. Don't you know that street flood is one of our pride here? Street swimming was never so exciting and fun than here in the Philippines. You don't want to miss the fun, do you? :p

dliz

Jun 13, 2012
Hahaha. I'm not really fond of bringing an umbrella because I find it really a hassle. Last night, I was at work when it started raining so hard plus the lightening and thunder made it worst. I was gonna call my cousin to fetch me up but I don't have any load left. hahaha. (I'm so stupid, I could always call him on his landline). When i went outside, I could not find any taxi. So my only option was to ride a jeepney and I had to walk a block to reach the jeepney stop. I was soaking wet already when I saw a taxi and I was so excited to get inside but the door was locked and Manong driver had to ask where am I bound to? "Hello Kuya, can't you see I'm already soaking wet?" LOL. My place isn't that so far so he happily agreed. When I was inside already, I immediately checked my purse and only to find out I only have 58 pesos left. That's when adrenaline kicks in because what if my money isn't enough to reach my destination and Manong Driver will drop me anywhere in the middle of a storm. But thank God, i went home safely and my money is just enough to pay the manong driver. hahah. Lesson Learned: I have to bring an umbrella with me all the time no matter how heavy it is. lol.