Help!!! finances and divorce

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cooleycars

I'm not sure if this goes here or not but I have to reach out. I've been married for 5 years and it has been rocky. Without getting into detail alot of really bad stuff has happened in the last 3 months and now I am facing a divorce. All I want is to have a Godly marriage but my wife has some severe mental issues and it's obviously not going to happen. She refuses help. Sometimes she admits to needing help and says she is going to get it but she never follows through. She says a lot of things and never follows through, just like wanting a Godly marriage. Anyways, I am now facing a nasty divorce. I say nasty because of the legal troubles that she is in and will be getting herself into even more and nasty because I will be homeless. She is the main breadwinner as a very highly paid nurse and I'm an EMT. Where I live EMT's barely make above minimum wage. So my credit is ruined and she refused to let me fix it these past couple of years as she has had all financial control and I just gave up because I didnt want to fight. The mortgage is in her name and the deed to the house is in both our names. Because of my credit I cannot get the house in my name nor an appartment or rental house. Where I live they ALL do credit checks and have denied me. Also the only money I have left over each month after I pay for neccesities like food, gas, etc, etc is is $220. Even if i could get an appartment with my credit there is no way I could afford one. Does anyone have any suggestions. I really need a place for me and my son.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
First, you, your son, wife and marriage are in my prayers in Jesus's name.
Praying also for your housing needs.
Im so sorry you are going through this.

Second, as to housing, there are housing assistance programs based on your income.
Look up the social services in your area and they should be able to help you.
If you have custody of your son, your chances are better getting help and sooner.
The housing help can come in apt. with low rents set for your income, or an allowence for finding a apt or house that accepts the assistance.
The wait can be long, depending on where you live and the needs at this time, so get on this right away.
I hope in Jesus that your marraige will be healed, but praying also that all will be provided for you and your son.

In Jesus, God bless
pickles

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
So sorry you and your wife are having problems! She may go to counseling if you go ahead and schedule the appointment, even if she complains about it, she may still go.

Pickles is right....there are programs for adults with children that will help you find housing. Though if your wife is the one seeking the divorce you shouldn't be the one to have to move. Is the child hers also? Social services may be able to find you someone to give you legal advice; especially if your spouse is responsible for a bad credit rating.

Praying for the Spirit to lead you in strength and guidance and that your wife's heart is softened to reconciliation.

U

ukkez

im sorry to hear what a mess your in at the mo, but god can do anything, do not fear he will look after you.
like these guys have said there is always help for people in need of becoming homless of no fault of there own, if it goes thought the lawers they will look into it all for the best intressed of you and your son.
you are in my prays

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I hope you have a lawyer. If not, you really should get one. If you can prove that your wife has mental health issues in court that should put things in your favor. You should also get a lawyer because of your situation. A lawyer will help you fight for financial support from her before a judge. That is why there is such a thing called alimony.