Help for my just turned 7 year old daughter and her Muslim friend

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sarahm

Hi guys,

I'm new on here , so hi!

Im looking for advise ,my daughter is dedicated to Jesus :) lately she's crying lots because her best friends Muslim and her friend tells here that gods not real it's Ala and she needs to pray to ala . My daughter questioned it and I told her gods real and we prayed about it she said talking about this with her friend makes her scared and sad because she doesn't no who she's talking about and she's her best friend ,

Any advise on how to talk with my daughter about this:)

U

Ugly

Why not just teach her that other belief systems exist? And maybe go over the basic beliefs of some of the more common beliefs and religions and then hold those up to what the bible teaches so she can see? I know, it sounds advanced for a 7 year old. But if done properly they can get at least a basic grasp. Enough to satisfy their minds.

alexis

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 5, 2013
Hopefully some others with more knowledge will chime in...

I think it would be best to just be strait forward with her. By this I mean explain that her friend is a good person but wrong. That sounds harsh but I think as Christians we often in trying to accept others compromise our beliefs. Not suggesting you are doing this at all. I guess what I mean is confirm Christ to your daughter. The praying was good!

This is so hard because it's her friend, while I have friends that believe differently I see the importance of friendship and diversity. Yet maybe it is a friendship that can't continue because of their age. I would caution that us kids can hear our peers before our parents. Could be dangerous for her if her friend is strongly convinced that she should lead your daughter away from God. I know this sounds harsh but my understanding of Muslim faith while limited would suggest that the other girls parents are firm in telling her that to please Mahammed she most deny your daughters beliefs. I don't know them so this is speculation. While I would have a Muslim friend that is different because I am old enough to set firm boundaries and not allow someone to waiver my faith. Strange that I seem to be pointing towards segregation... Yet it seems this is all upsetting your daughter and her relationship with Christ is more important than having a friend who tries to push her away from God.

I live with the oposite problem my parents telling me there is no God. Your daughter is blessed to have you showing her Christ. Like your daughter I too have people telling me to not believe, peers at school, media and worst of all my parents. My point is yes it's hard but worth it. The love Christ places in our hearts and God's salvation through His grace by Christ sacrifice on the cross so we may be dead to sin is worth any pushing away by my peers.

Hope my thoughts do not read as though I don't think we should have nonbelieving friends. It is more can we and not waiver in faith in Christ. I don't know the answer to that with your daughter. I do know Christ said to remove our own eye if it causes us sin. Not saying your daughters friend is bad, but she does deny God and if she convinces your daughter to even consider this she is tempting her in sin. This will sound quite harsh but if it was a young man openly tempting her in sins of the flesh we would all suggested they not be permitted to associate unchaperoned. I know she is too young for those worries. Yet I would do the same here, if they are permitted to associate I would request being present. The friends parents are not suitable chaperones, they believe thier daughter right in telling yours not to follow God.

If there only association is at school... Wow this is tough and I am not sure. I would still tell her there is only one God and here friend is completely wrong.

This may be of very little help because of my youth...
I will pray for God to guard His word in your daughters heart.

God bless and much love,
lexi

S

Sarahm

Thank you , yes we have been talking about other religions lately , I have explained we all come from different cultures and beliefs. It's just there arguing about who is the real god and there 7 !!! Then her friend will go home and bring back things like " my mum said " ect .... I think I need to be carful with my words to my daughter , she has been asking me maybe her friend is right !?

Never experienced this before ,thank you for your advise

S

Sarahm

Thank you Lexi

alexis

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 5, 2013
I feel kinda bad... The biggest message in The Bible is to love everyone...

Ugh I don't know, cause she should love her friend and that's what matters most.
My first long message was too harsh maybe..

I don't know.. If one of my friends was Muslim told me God was not real I would hug her and say I understand her view point but can't agree and tell her I love her anyway...
that is the best thing your daughter can do... How to get her there I don't know.

Please forgive my harsh words...

Seriosuly I will pray for both the girls
love you,
lexi

U

Ugly

Thank you , yes we have been talking about other religions lately , I have explained we all come from different cultures and beliefs. It's just there arguing about who is the real god and there 7 !!! Then her friend will go home and bring back things like " my mum said " ect .... I think I need to be carful with my words to my daughter , she has been asking me maybe her friend is right !?

Never experienced this before ,thank you for your advise
This is where scripture comes in. Also look into some books aimed at children and how to handle these questions. I believe Ravi Zaccharius, or however it's spelled, has books like this.

T

tenderhearted

I have a 7 year old daughter and our job as mother's is to teach our children God's word-- to pray with them and to model the word through our actions at home. If we do this then when our children's beliefs are challenged they are prepared and firm in their beliefs. Your daughter is still young and very impressionable. It seems like you are rearing her in the way of the LORD--that's a great thing!:) If it makes your daughter uncomfortable to talk to her friend about religion then she doesn't have to. We are called to tell people about Jesus, but if they refuse to hear then it's our job to pray for the person and let the holy spirit change their hearts... not argue with them. Tell your daughter if this friend is truly her friend then she will respect your daughter's beliefs. If it seems to you that all this girl cares about is converting your daughter to Islam or can only be her friend if she believes in allah; she is not a good friend for your daughter to have. This can also be another lesson for your daughter-- about what it means to be a friend... what makes a good friend, etc. Between you and God pray about this relationship and God's will in this. You may find that the relationship may die out, but I would not force her to let the friendship go if she isn't ready to. Since your daughter is crying about this all the time it may not be a good idea to encourage a friendship with this girl either. Keep praying about it... it will all work out in the end. I think it's a beautiful thing for us mothers to be able to establish communication with our daughters. It's especially important to pray with and over our children's hearts and minds.

A

Ariel82

My son is 8 and my daughter is 5. My parents are NOT Christian. However, my husband and I take the kids to church and try to live out our faith in Christ. I read the Bible to my children at bedtime when we get a chance and we try and pray over our food and whenever we are troubled.

If my son or daughter had a friend who was being pushy about her beliefs as this Muslim little girl is. I would first establish and affirm my children's belief in God.

I would ask them what they believe in and why.

My daughter has told me she loves God because He loves her. I would affirm that God hears her prayers and that He loves her.

Her friend should NOT be trying to take away this from your daughter.

I would advise my children to change the subject or simply state "I believe God loves me and hears my prayers and I'm sorry if you do not believe in a loving God who is able to hear your prayers or a Savior who was willing to die upon the cross for your sins."

Explain to her the verses about how the message of the Cross is foolishness to most of the world but to us whom it saves it is life giving water.

Teach her to respect other people as people but recognize that you can still love someone even when you disagree with their beliefs. Remind her how Jesus told us to love even those who mistreat us.

How much more should she forgive and love her friend even if they disagree about who Jesus is?

Love doesn't mean you have to agree about everything, it means you treat them with respect and be kind to them even if they don't return that kindness (by pushing their beliefs upon you or insulting your relationship with God).

I would also recognize the fact the other little girl is being a bully.

to me being told that God doesn't exist is like telling someone their Father doesn't really love them at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sarahm

Thank you all for your advise !!! My daughter is very kind and understanding but also very sensitive , unfortunately after yesterday at school her friend told my daughter that her mum told her to tell my daughter that god and Jesus is a lie :( now her best friend can't play with my child !! Very sad to see the parents acting this way ( there children)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Thank you all for your advise !!! My daughter is very kind and understanding but also very sensitive , unfortunately after yesterday at school her friend told my daughter that her mum told her to tell my daughter that god and Jesus is a lie :( now her best friend can't play with my child !! Very sad to see the parents acting this way ( there children)
They fear her because she has the Truth and they do not. You did not tell your daughter not to play with her friend but made an effort to foster understanding.

Those who follow Islam have no love for others.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Hopefully some others with more knowledge will chime in...

I think it would be best to just be strait forward with her. By this I mean explain that her friend is a good person but wrong. That sounds harsh but I think as Christians we often in trying to accept others compromise our beliefs. Not suggesting you are doing this at all. I guess what I mean is confirm Christ to your daughter. The praying was good!

This is so hard because it's her friend, while I have friends that believe differently I see the importance of friendship and diversity. Yet maybe it is a friendship that can't continue because of their age. I would caution that us kids can hear our peers before our parents. Could be dangerous for her if her friend is strongly convinced that she should lead your daughter away from God. I know this sounds harsh but my understanding of Muslim faith while limited would suggest that the other girls parents are firm in telling her that to please Mahammed she most deny your daughters beliefs. I don't know them so this is speculation. While I would have a Muslim friend that is different because I am old enough to set firm boundaries and not allow someone to waiver my faith. Strange that I seem to be pointing towards segregation... Yet it seems this is all upsetting your daughter and her relationship with Christ is more important than having a friend who tries to push her away from God.

I live with the oposite problem my parents telling me there is no God. Your daughter is blessed to have you showing her Christ. Like your daughter I too have people telling me to not believe, peers at school, media and worst of all my parents. My point is yes it's hard but worth it. The love Christ places in our hearts and God's salvation through His grace by Christ sacrifice on the cross so we may be dead to sin is worth any pushing away by my peers.

Hope my thoughts do not read as though I don't think we should have nonbelieving friends. It is more can we and not waiver in faith in Christ. I don't know the answer to that with your daughter. I do know Christ said to remove our own eye if it causes us sin. Not saying your daughters friend is bad, but she does deny God and if she convinces your daughter to even consider this she is tempting her in sin. This will sound quite harsh but if it was a young man openly tempting her in sins of the flesh we would all suggested they not be permitted to associate unchaperoned. I know she is too young for those worries. Yet I would do the same here, if they are permitted to associate I would request being present. The friends parents are not suitable chaperones, they believe thier daughter right in telling yours not to follow God.

If there only association is at school... Wow this is tough and I am not sure. I would still tell her there is only one God and here friend is completely wrong.

This may be of very little help because of my youth...
I will pray for God to guard His word in your daughters heart.

God bless and much love,
lexi

Alexis, I'm awed by you. I thought maybe your parents were Christian. God really has given you a special gift of knowledge. I wish I'd had been as a quarter together what I was when I was your age. God bless.

G

Grey

They fear her because she has the Truth and they do not. You did not tell your daughter not to play with her friend but made an effort to foster understanding.

Those who follow Islam have no love for others.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Sorry, not true.

S

sureshjames

Hi guys,

I'm new on here , so hi!

Im looking for advise ,my daughter is dedicated to Jesus :) lately she's crying lots because her best friends Muslim and her friend tells here that gods not real it's Ala and she needs to pray to ala . My daughter questioned it and I told her gods real and we prayed about it she said talking about this with her friend makes her scared and sad because she doesn't no who she's talking about and she's her best friend ,

Any advise on how to talk with my daughter about this:)

there are so many proofs exist in youtube that allah is not god and mohammed is a false prophet

IN Quran the sun will set in murky water ( scientifically it is wrong)
In QURAN the moon will increase and decreases in area it is also wrong
In Quran earth was flat this is also wrong
Lesson 3: Allah, Satan, and Jehovah Compared - YouTube

T

TaylorTG

@Ugly
This is where scripture comes in.
No problem!
The fifth book of Moses commonly called: Deuteronomy 13:6-10
If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

NOTE: that this is for your own reference, not your daughter!... and please don't take this bible passage literally! I'm just sharing! God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:

presidente

May 29, 2013
It sounds like the influence in their relationship is going the wrong way. This girl is influencing your daughter. Maybe you should spend more time teaching the faith to your daughter, and of course pray for her. You could also teach her how to respond to her Mus|im classmate.

I wouldn't make a big deal about the name 'Allah. Millions of Christians call God 'Allah. It's the Arabic word for God, maybe contracted from 'the god.' The evidence seems to point to it being the pre-Is|amic name for God used by Christians.

You could teach her to focus on the person of Christ. Muhamad was said to have had a vision in which He saw several prophets. Christ was the only one he said was sinless. Is|am teaches that Jesus was born of a virgin. If Jesus had no human father and was conceived by a miracle from God, who was His Father? Muhamad also told Muslims to pray for him, because he did not know his own fate at death. But Jesus was tempted in all points like as we are, and yet without sin. What guarantee of forgiveness does a Mu|im have?

I also read that when Muhamad was poisoned, he said if he were a true prophet, the poison would not hurt him, but later as he approached death, he blamed his illness on that very same poison that had been snuck into his food. Christ died on the cross, following His Father's will, and rose again.

Oct 22, 2011
@Ugly

No problem!
The fifth book of Moses commonly called: Deuteronomy 13:6-10
If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

NOTE: that this is for your own reference, not your daughter!... and please don't take this bible passage literally! I'm just sharing! God bless.
Under the New Testament, the church does not have the power of criminal or civil punishment. Instead, the church is to show the sinner the error of their ways and turn them from their sin. Not punish them for it.

T

TaylorTG

Under the New Testament, the church does not have the power of criminal or civil punishment. Instead, the church is to show the sinner the error of their ways and turn them from their sin. Not punish them for it.
My apologizes. I have been camping in the old Testament books lately. Thank you for informing me of this and God bless.

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
In regards to the original post, you should get your hands on some of these - they were quite useful when my parents would sit down and go over confusing issues with other world religions:

You might also like the cults and religions handouts by Rose Publishing. They even have one specifically on Islam. You should be able to pick them up really cheap at your local christian bookstore or online.