Help..I need thoughts and feedback Re: apology letter

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tryintowalkthewalk

We have been divorced 1 and 1/2 years, after 23 years of marriage Yes I do want to reconcile. I put a lot of blame on my wife the last couple years. I blamed her for tearing our family apart with this divorce because she adamantly opposed seeking any kind of counseling to try and make our marriage work. She replied saying "This is not all my fault, you continue to deny taking any blame." I think she needs to know that I was the problem. I think she needs to know I pushed her into this divorce. Still praying about all of this. Not sure about sending this letter.

Dear K****
I have been convicted by God that writing you this letter was something that I had to do. I was given this task over 2 years ago. When I felt close to God I would jot down things that I wanted to include in the letter, but in darker times I would think; K**** doesn’t deserve this, she chose to tear our family apart, she chose to selfishly turn her back on me and not even try to make things right. Why should I confess to K**** about how much damage I have done to her and the kids? I knew my actions as a husband played a huge part in your decision to divorce me, but I felt so much heartache and sorrow and shamefulness that the thought of writing it all down made my stomach hurt and anxiety begin to swirl around me. There was no way I could write this letter.

A couple weeks ago we had a guest speaker come to my place to minister to our men’s group; I had never met the man. I heard a truck drive up and saw the driver get out and rush to the passenger side. The driver was helping the passenger get out of the truck and I thought; what is this? The passenger was our guest speaker, Tom. This man’s body was total permeated with arthritis. Tom’s body was permanently in a C-shape and was totally dependent on crutches, needing help sitting and standing. Tom was diagnosed with M.S. a few years ago and had progressively gotten worse. Tom lives out in the sticks with his wife and nine children ages 3 thru 23. The message Tom brought to us was not what you might think. He did begin with when he got the M.S. and how he worked at Motorola for 20 years until his boss finally said Tom, I got to let you go you can’t stand or walk anymore. Tom’s message was not about his lack of joy or his bitterness. His message was about his personal relationship with God and how he communes with God daily. We in the men’s group were blown away with his intelligence, love and grace. During the message Tom raised his head up, looked me right in the eyes and said; “Don’t you understand that Deny is the opposite of Confess?” I froze in my chair, Tom said Satan does not want you to confess your shortcomings, Satan will tell you; it’s too painful or the person you hurt doesn’t deserve your confession, I sat there dumbfounded. This was God’s grace speaking to me through Tom.

Even though you said I was in denial, I knew full well the huge mistakes I made in our marriage. I just never realized that confessing those sins to you was and is a part of honoring God and honoring you. I was a horrible husband. I did not take my responsibilities seriously and I lost everything. I never loved you the way God loves the church. I was selfish, self-centered, and a real ******* most of the time. If I would have put ½ the time I spent on my music into thinking about you and our family and our future, things would have been so different. I am the reason for the divorce. You had NOTHING to do with the break down in our relationship, it was my fault. I take all the blame. I was worthless has a husband and I’ll prove it to you. If I would have treated the people I have worked with over the years the way I treated you on a daily basis, I would never have held a job. When people heard about the divorce they would say “What? You’re a good guy, your fun, you’re intelligent, and how could she do this to you.” No one knew the monster I was a home. I was totally out of control, and a jerk. I have never met or will ever meet anyone who loved as unconditionally as you. You are the best person I have ever known. You’re beautiful, smart, and possess a love for people that is truly remarkable. Dear God I beg your forgiveness for hurting my wife so badly.

I worshiped Idols. My idols were music, friends, smoking, practicing, success, teaching, drinking, hanging out late, fishing, and getting what I wanted. My arrogance, sarcastic remarks, always having to be right, blaming, being funny at the expense of others, putting people down, never trusting anyone, and always seeing the darkness in people instead of the light was how I looked at the world, just horrible toxic behavior. All the complaining I did about caring for the kids while you were working and asking M**** to watch the kids while I went fishing, God, that is just warped thinking. I was all about me and screw everybody else. The pain I feel in my heart as I write all this down is tearing me up from the inside out. I hurt you in so many ways. Looking over what I have done to you over the years makes me feel so ashamed, and the worst part about all of this is I always had an excuse for why I did what I did. I would tell you a million different reasons why my actions were justified. I was a sh%t-head, know-it-all husband that believed what I did was right, and you could not tell me different, you tried. I never loved you the way I should have. I know the reason you turned your back on me and our marriage, I completely wore you out! Looking back I remember you said many times “Something has to change, I can’t live like this!” I take full responsibility for the break down in our marriage, and the divorce. I pray you can forgive me.

It is so important that you know I forgive YOU for any words or actions you were pushed into saying or doing in the last couple years including your decision to divorce me. I prodded and pushed you with blame and all you did was defend yourself. God, please stay with me! The shame and worthlessness I feel is unbearable.
K****, I still love you deeply. Please forgive me.

B*****

A

Ariel82

i think you should send it to her.

K

kenisyes

What would be the advantage of NOT sending it?

D

destinyinjesus86

Hi Bro,
I am a child whose father was like you and is currently too since so many years. But, he does not seem to change. I am still willing to forgive. Provided he would change with his sarcastic abusive words and related doings. I respect you sir. You are sorry for what you have done. And I hope your decision is never willing to do it again, which is turning away from your former sins. If I am willing to forgive someone who can change and also as you said your wife has unconditional love,why not she would reconcile? Send it bro .. Really!!!

Apr 15, 2013
Man, you have to send that letter. It is beautiful.

I'm a creative myself, and I often find myself being selfish and my motives being crappy. Just ask yourself this one question, and be honest with you; what is my motive for writing this?

Is it to get your wife back? If it is, don't send it.

Is it to make yourself feel better? If it is, don't send it.

Is it because you were wrong and you deserve nothing, but you want your wife to know that she deserves everything? If it is, then send it.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
That's a beautiful letter. I hope you send it. God bless you

I

Iluv_Jesus

Send it :)

T

tryintowalkthewalk

Last night I was Baptised. All my kids were there along with my whole church family. I also invited my wife, and she came, she hugged me more than once and was so supportive. I GAVE HER THE LETTER AFTER CHURCH! She texted me the following reply: Thanks for the letter....dont know what to say..you are forgiven of course...I also ask forgiveness for all the pain I've caused.
[h=1][/h]

S

SeekingJC

Congratulations Brother. On both getting baptised and having the courage to give her that letter!

God Bless!

PS Maybe you should ask her to have some coffee and talk now?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
We have been divorced 1 and 1/2 years, after 23 years of marriage Yes I do want to reconcile. I put a lot of blame on my wife the last couple years. I blamed her for tearing our family apart with this divorce because she adamantly opposed seeking any kind of counseling to try and make our marriage work. She replied saying "This is not all my fault, you continue to deny taking any blame." I think she needs to know that I was the problem. I think she needs to know I pushed her into this divorce. Still praying about all of this. Not sure about sending this letter.

Dear K****
I have been convicted by God that writing you this letter was something that I had to do. I was given this task over 2 years ago. When I felt close to God I would jot down things that I wanted to include in the letter, but in darker times I would think; K**** doesn’t deserve this, she chose to tear our family apart, she chose to selfishly turn her back on me and not even try to make things right. Why should I confess to K**** about how much damage I have done to her and the kids? I knew my actions as a husband played a huge part in your decision to divorce me, but I felt so much heartache and sorrow and shamefulness that the thought of writing it all down made my stomach hurt and anxiety begin to swirl around me. There was no way I could write this letter.

A couple weeks ago we had a guest speaker come to my place to minister to our men’s group; I had never met the man. I heard a truck drive up and saw the driver get out and rush to the passenger side. The driver was helping the passenger get out of the truck and I thought; what is this? The passenger was our guest speaker, Tom. This man’s body was total permeated with arthritis. Tom’s body was permanently in a C-shape and was totally dependent on crutches, needing help sitting and standing. Tom was diagnosed with M.S. a few years ago and had progressively gotten worse. Tom lives out in the sticks with his wife and nine children ages 3 thru 23. The message Tom brought to us was not what you might think. He did begin with when he got the M.S. and how he worked at Motorola for 20 years until his boss finally said Tom, I got to let you go you can’t stand or walk anymore. Tom’s message was not about his lack of joy or his bitterness. His message was about his personal relationship with God and how he communes with God daily. We in the men’s group were blown away with his intelligence, love and grace. During the message Tom raised his head up, looked me right in the eyes and said; “Don’t you understand that Deny is the opposite of Confess?” I froze in my chair, Tom said Satan does not want you to confess your shortcomings, Satan will tell you; it’s too painful or the person you hurt doesn’t deserve your confession, I sat there dumbfounded. This was God’s grace speaking to me through Tom.

Even though you said I was in denial, I knew full well the huge mistakes I made in our marriage. I just never realized that confessing those sins to you was and is a part of honoring God and honoring you. I was a horrible husband. I did not take my responsibilities seriously and I lost everything. I never loved you the way God loves the church. I was selfish, self-centered, and a real ******* most of the time. If I would have put ½ the time I spent on my music into thinking about you and our family and our future, things would have been so different. I am the reason for the divorce. You had NOTHING to do with the break down in our relationship, it was my fault. I take all the blame. I was worthless has a husband and I’ll prove it to you. If I would have treated the people I have worked with over the years the way I treated you on a daily basis, I would never have held a job. When people heard about the divorce they would say “What? You’re a good guy, your fun, you’re intelligent, and how could she do this to you.” No one knew the monster I was a home. I was totally out of control, and a jerk. I have never met or will ever meet anyone who loved as unconditionally as you. You are the best person I have ever known. You’re beautiful, smart, and possess a love for people that is truly remarkable. Dear God I beg your forgiveness for hurting my wife so badly.

I worshiped Idols. My idols were music, friends, smoking, practicing, success, teaching, drinking, hanging out late, fishing, and getting what I wanted. My arrogance, sarcastic remarks, always having to be right, blaming, being funny at the expense of others, putting people down, never trusting anyone, and always seeing the darkness in people instead of the light was how I looked at the world, just horrible toxic behavior. All the complaining I did about caring for the kids while you were working and asking M**** to watch the kids while I went fishing, God, that is just warped thinking. I was all about me and screw everybody else. The pain I feel in my heart as I write all this down is tearing me up from the inside out. I hurt you in so many ways. Looking over what I have done to you over the years makes me feel so ashamed, and the worst part about all of this is I always had an excuse for why I did what I did. I would tell you a million different reasons why my actions were justified. I was a sh%t-head, know-it-all husband that believed what I did was right, and you could not tell me different, you tried. I never loved you the way I should have. I know the reason you turned your back on me and our marriage, I completely wore you out! Looking back I remember you said many times “Something has to change, I can’t live like this!” I take full responsibility for the break down in our marriage, and the divorce. I pray you can forgive me.

It is so important that you know I forgive YOU for any words or actions you were pushed into saying or doing in the last couple years including your decision to divorce me. I prodded and pushed you with blame and all you did was defend yourself. God, please stay with me! The shame and worthlessness I feel is unbearable.
K****, I still love you deeply. Please forgive me.

B*****
being this truth from your heart, send it and let the outcome fall wherever it may fall whether you get back or not, you are now being accountable in truth with out any expectations in return I hope only you know. But no matter what you are being accountable to God to be stating that you are this, and that you in the pst did not act like you know God as your personal Savior
God is well pleased in anyone holding themselves accountable as King David did, and went as far to say he not only did wrong by the people he did wrong by God which God in return saw his contrite heart and said a man after his own heart and here you are brother doing this for to be set right by Faith in God
I applaud you
Now she might not forgive you are you willing to accept this is she does not? for are you having a Godly sorrow or a worldly one, I hear a Godly one

K

kenisyes

Last night I was Baptised. All my kids were there along with my whole church family. I also invited my wife, and she came, she hugged me more than once and was so supportive. I GAVE HER THE LETTER AFTER CHURCH! She texted me the following reply: Thanks for the letter....dont know what to say..you are forgiven of course...I also ask forgiveness for all the pain I've caused.
All good. All God. Happy new life.