help me proofread my new book

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
I am looking 7 volunteers to help me proofread on chapter each of my new book, Teach Like Jesus. Send me your email if interested.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
I would love to help, but only if you plan on never charging for this book :)

Are you gonna charge for it?

W

webchatter

I will help what I can.

J

jimmydiggs

I would love to help, but only if you plan on never charging for this book :)

Are you gonna charge for it?
What's wrong with charging for the materials to produce the book?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
this is what i did,start in gen. 1;1 read thru rev.22;21,,,nothing magic happened,,so i was scared to death,i looked at my children,wife and friends and i didn't have a clue what to tell them to help them get to heaven(so i was scared to death),,so i prayed to the almighty god and ask him "if i dont know how do i provide to the ones i love",,so then when i was convicted of love i opened it in gen.1;1,,,and began to read,,,,i went to rev.22;21,,,,my friend,,open it up and sit it on the table in front of you,,pick up your baby and read it to the ones you love. you see you will not say "this means that",,if you know it dont to your child,you will not bend the truth and tell it to your spouse,nor the friends you love. you will see the truth if you are intent on finding it for this reason,,,love,it is important for you to know the truth,you see?,,,look for the things you would give the ones you love "with your best advice",and look for the things you will warn the ones you love about "with your best advice",,,love is the key,,,if you read it to boast,you will not understand it,or to recon your own works,you will not see it.,,,,,read it for the ones you love...

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
What's wrong with charging for the materials to produce the book?
First I would ask why you need to charge for materials if God wants this book to be produced?
If you do not have the means to buy the materials, then you would have to charge for them, and if you charge for them then you abuse your power in the gospel.

1Co 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

J

jimmydiggs

First I would ask why you need to charge for materials if God wants this book to be produced?
If you do not have the means to buy the materials, then you would have to charge for them, and if you charge for them then you abuse your power in the gospel.

1Co 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
In response, I offer the preceding verses.

9 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not the result of my work in the Lord? 2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
3 This is my defense to those who sit in judgment on me. 4 Don’t we have the right to food and drink? 5 Don’t we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Cephas[a]? 6 Or is it only I and Barnabas who lack the right to not work for a living?
7Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink the milk? 8 Do I say this merely on human authority? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? 9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.”[b] Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10 Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest. 11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? 12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?
But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.
13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
In response, I offer the preceding verses.

9 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not the result of my work in the Lord? 2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
3 This is my defense to those who sit in judgment on me. 4 Don’t we have the right to food and drink? 5 Don’t we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Cephas[a]? 6 Or is it only I and Barnabas who lack the right to not work for a living?
7Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink the milk? 8 Do I say this merely on human authority? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? 9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.”[b] Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10 Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest. 11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? 12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?
But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.
13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.
A person who plants a vineyard doesn't charge for picking a grape, and there's no charge for getting milk from a flock. You gotta remember the commonwealth of Israel. The ox doesn't ask either (or charge). The point is that the supply is already there if it's the will of God. My guess is that you do not approve of the following either:

Act_2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act_4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

1Co_9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

1Co_6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

If you charge, then God is charging, and He doesnt' need to charge

2Co_5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

God does not need to charge, only you do.