help needed now

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HerrGeschichte

hey, i got a question for you guys. do you believe in the tale that your life flashes before your eyes when you are about to die? I need to know as soon as possible.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Never been there myself but I wouldn't worry about foolish myths or tales. :) Trust in God your creator.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I've heard of it, but I don't know if it's true. Maybe it does for some.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Yes, I have read about and listened to several accounts of people who have died either on the operating table or in an accident of some sort and survived to tell about it. They almost always say they saw their entire life in detail flash before their eyes and they feel that is is sort of a review of how they lived their life.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I don't know if it's true or not; I suspect that's what happens for some people, but maybe not all.

I am intrigued, however, about why you need to know as soon as possible. Sounds like an interesting situation... I am determined to mind my own business. But if you wanted to PM me about it, I wouldn't complain ;)

U

Ugly

Don't know if its true or not. I doubt it. But even if it is true, i couldn't tell you because, well, i'm not dead.

Just to clarify, since you have an odd urgency to this question, the way this would work, if its true, its the last second or two before you die a quick, sudden death your life passes before your eyes. So you look up, see the bus coming at you, flash, dead. So if you're worrying about something you've seen and lived long enough to post a question here about it, then thats not how it would work.

C

Crimeny

its true, been there and its not pleasant especially if you did bad stuff in your life

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
its true, been there and its not pleasant especially if you did bad stuff in your life

I'm glad you're still here then! Sounds rather scary.

The good part is being given a second chance. We have a good God :)

J

jimsun

Hallo Herr Geschichte; Wie gehts dir ?!

Following brain injury a couple of years ago, now, my heart stopped twice in ICU & I had to be shocked into rescusitation. There was no Gandalf-like figure guiding down a brightly lit tunnel but let's just say I went somewhere I don't want to revisit. 5 days on life support & High Dependency certainly helps decide life's priorities!

Tchus! J+

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Hallo Herr Geschichte; Wie gehts dir ?!

Following brain injury a couple of years ago, now, my heart stopped twice in ICU & I had to be shocked into rescusitation. There was no Gandalf-like figure guiding down a brightly lit tunnel but let's just say I went somewhere I don't want to revisit. 5 days on life support & High Dependency certainly helps decide life's priorities!

Tchus! J+
Interesting! You may not want to share details about what you experienced but it sure makes us wonder what 'that place' was like.

Hope you're completely recovered from your brain injury!

Jul 25, 2005
I think it can and that people do. But how would we know if it were true for everyone?