Help on long distance relationship for christians?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

peter1

The country of new zealand.That my home town.Two islands,sadly im on one,shes on the other.Its been over two years of ups and downs but we are really happy we have each other.

To make this short,i just want someone out there who possibly has the same situation,or has some useful advice and simply having the peace in a relationship that is long distance.Obivously that is not possible?

God always helps me to retain love and kindness through all circumstances,but i feel as if i need some more from some people on how i can just be happier each day with how we are. Yes,good things do take time,but how much time is that?

I greatly appreciate any advice on this topic

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Skype a lot, visit as much as you can.

S

sweetspiritgirl

Yes I dated online alot sense my divorce this way i can save myself alot of heartache..but sadly it didnt . But its a good experienced to see if you compatible with someone..its neat how now adays u dont have to date within your area u can actually go anywhere to meet people online..It can be safer in some situations but dangerous also..alot of fake people out there use diserment..Good luck hun and if its love one will move to the other one :)

J

Jullianna

Upside to long distance relationships: You aren't restricted to meeting someone in your own area. I work very long hours and don't get to meet as many new people as I would like. And I really don't want to date anyone remotely related to my job.

Downsides: Misunderstandings happen easily. Time differences can be frustrating and exhausting, especially when fulltime jobs and other responsibilities have to be considered. You can't always meet someone right away and should. Seems like it can take a bit longer to get to know the real person.

I have a feeling I'm about to learn more about this very, very soon :D

O

OFM

prayerfully only get involed i broke up with a cc'er on here 8 times before i gave up the relationship.

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
I've thought about this idea of long-distance relationships before. I've long ago come to the conclusion that if God wills for two people to be together, why wouldn't He have them live in the same general area? It seems to me that our loving God isn't in the business of playing cruel jokes on people to the extent that the love of their life lives hundreds or thousands of miles away.

O

oracle2world

My son is in the military, his main squeeze is in another country. It works. For a lot of jobs you are away from your family for months at a time.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
I guess when physical intimacy is not the main focus in a relationship, long distance might just work fine. But thats just my personal opinion (based of course on observation) and I could be wrong.

P

peter1

Thanks for all your thoughts! really helpfull. Sometimes to ensure myself that its the right thing,i know that God must want somthing to be learnt out of it,and as he tells us,all things work together for good,to those who love God. About five years ago,i went to a Christian fellowship meeting,david hogan the preacher,and he gave me a message from God for me that my Road ahead Will be tough.But i will Get through.I can see that thats True .