Help please:(

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

April5

Ok, so I'm generally a happy person, and I have set a lot of my life out there on this site, but there is just one thing I kept behind closed doors. And now I really need help. At first I didn't think it was going to happen, but it's taking over my life slowly and it's not good. It is disrupting my relationship with God and just causing such depression. Please help me, it's about an eating disorder. I used to think they were no big deal, until now because I actual have one.... and it's making me have such horrible horrible thoughts. God bless..

S

simplyme_bekah

Pray. Pray. Pray. and dont stop okay. God can and will help you with this. When faced with something so big....RUN to Him. He is the ONLY one that can help you besides yourself. You and others can talk to each other until your blue in the face but ultimatly it is Him that will save you because He is your savior. Have you asked the Lord into your heart to be your personal savior? That is the very first step and you have to believe that He saved you and believe that you now belong to the Kingdom of Heaven. There is NOTHING on this earth that stands a chance against the Almighty God sweetie. You need to think that this eating disorder is already defeated through Him, our Lord & Savior. You are what you think, it says so in the Bible. If you obsess about having a eating disorder the eating disorder is going to consume you and steal your joy and your happiness. Who pray tell steals ones joy and happiness? The devil, that is who. Rebuke him in the name of Jesus whenever you start to obsess about it and then say to Jesus " I lay this worry and this eating disorder at your feet, I trust you my Jesus" you will be okay if you simply run to Him. Coming here and asking for prayers was brilliant! I know that the prayers get answered here. Go read the testimonies. :D Be blessed sister. I pray that you show this young lady the truth Father and that you comfort her and calm her and that you show her everything is going to be okay through you my Lord, I pray and ask on Jesus name that you help her defeat this eating disorder on your name my Jesus, amen.

P

PrettyBelle

I will pray for you. Sister Jesus can help you overcome this.
First you give this all to Him in prayer. Kneel in front of His throne, cry out to Him and give Him every fear, thought, and lean into Him with all your strength.

Remember there is nothing too big for Jesus.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. Luke 12:22

This has helpful verses on eating disorders.
What Does the Bible Say About Eating Disorders?

Satan is trying to tempt you dear sister but in order to fight back you need to know what God says about you in the bible. Read as much as you can everyday. The Bible is a weapon. Also listen to gospel music every day. Keep your mind fixed on Jesus and whenever you feel tempted-pray with everything you have inside of you.
I suffered with bisexuality but the Lord helped me through it and still helps me daily. Honey we can do all things through Christ.

Lord I pray that you deliver my sister from the bonds of this eating disorder. I pray that you give her the strength and courage to face this will your grace. Renew her mind by your word and show her how beautiful and loved she is. Reassure her that there is nothing she can do to make You not love her.
Heal and release her from the shame of her past. Please help her to realize that she is a new creation in Christ and that your grace and mercies renew with each new day. We thank you that the bonds of her disorder were broken on the cross long ago. Place a hedge of protection around her and we bind the enemies lies from deceiving her. We thank you that you see her tears and know the contents of her heart. Lord we lay her burdens at your throne and ask that you release her from it's weight.
It was never hers to carry Lord. Help her to live in victory and not be so hard on herself because she is your masterpiece Lord. Show her the beauty You see in her. In Jesus name I pray, Amen

[video=youtube;nJ4yNYY1hHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4yNYY1hHM[/video]

You are beautiful. Never forget that... You will beat this. I promise you sister. God Bless

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Duckies

Ill be praying for you ! Do not let this shake your faith with God for he is always willing help us through our rough spots in life. We will all be praying for your peace and faith!

God Bless!! :)

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
I'm praying for you as well. I know God will help you through this :) May your thoughts be full of good things from God :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Setting you before God in Jesus's name with praise and thanksgiving for all victory over this and the joy of victory in Jesus!

Huge hugs and God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

Father youn know her heart, search it and bring her in to a healthy balance mind body and spirit.
In Jeus name, amen