Help with my thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

elldhinio

I've been having troubles/problems recently with bad thoughts, i understand that evil thoughts will come but mine have become a stronghold, i cant even function properly i totally lose my mind fighting against my thoughts, my request is if you guys could do be such a wonderful thing as to pray for me, that i may overcome, seize to think these thoughts and be of a sound mind fixed on the Lord, i would greatly appreciate it, greatly! i have university and i cannot concentrate properly in class, i want to be whole and represent God were i'am, please pray for me, such a gift will be most appreciated, love you guys in Christ Jesus

S

shekaniah

I'll be praying for you!
Here are some verses too!

1 Cor 2:16
For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

2 Cor 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

N

nw2u

Prayers sent.

K

kenisyes

Part of the prayer is so you will realize what parts of these thoughts are really things from God that the Devil or your own body are messing up, you can clarify what is good in them.

I had to face incredible feelings of guilt over such things when I was your age. It took quite a while for the Lord to have me get it all (I wonder if it's "all" even now?) straight.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying that Jesus will fill your mind, heart and life continually with His presance.

God bless
pickles

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
In Jesus name, I bind and silence that which would speak evil to the mind of elldhinio; I pray the blood of Jesus over him to wash him clean, and to root out the stronghold he confesses; I pray the mind of Christ be upon his mind, that he seize these thoughts in Jesus Name, and overcome them to be of a sound mind fixed on the Lord. I claim these things by the Blood of Jesus. Amen

O

OFM

praying praying praying

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Father God, Please help Elldhinio renew his mind in trust of you and your word and then use the authority you have given him to over come in Yeshua's Holy name I pray amen.

P

psychomom

I am praying for you, dear child!
I ask that the Lord settle your thoughts on Himself, and help you adapt to university life.
In Jesus' Name.

~ellie

roversxus

Sep 14, 2011
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Philippians 4:8

J

JessW

Praying for you that God will provide you with good, positive thoughts. Know that God is with you always. Amen.

Have you thought of seeing a Christian counselor who may be able to help you work through some of this?

L

libertygirl

I will be praying. I agree with JessW, you may want to talk with a Christian counselor.

Also, make sure you are eating well. A lot of bad foods can mess up our brain chemistry and cause intrusive thoughts or some other issue. I would avoid sugary foods, fast foods, processed foods, food coloring, white flour, and artificial flavoring. Fast from it for a month or two and see how you feel.