Help!

• Thread starter inallhonesty6541
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

inallhonesty6541

Ok, so here's the deal. I talked to my youth pastor today about an idea I had. For the last few days I have felt God telling me to talk to my youth group about some very important lessons, and so, I asked my pastor if I could possibly lead a night of youth and get these issues off of my chest.

The main point of my lesson is this: So many people give their hearts to God...but how many of us are brave enough to give him our lives? I want everyone to take a look at where they are in their walk with Jesus and re-evaluate it

I am also going to cover (very briefly) rededicating yourself to God, people who "pretend" to be Christians, convicting others of sin and only being a Christian when it's convenient to you.

I know it's a lot of stuff to cram into one night but its main message that I'm really trying to get across, the other topics will only be briefly mentioned.

Anyways, I'd like some help to motivate these peers of mine. Any advice you have will help! If you have any awesome bible verses I can use or maybe some kind of interactive activity I can use to make a point, it would be very helpful! Remember, I'm trying to get these children of God to step up and give their LIVES to God...it won't be any easy task, but I believe it will be impactful (is that a word?) coming from another youth member.

Thanks so much and God bless!

G

gospelofchrist

I'm in a youth group also, and my brother decided to teach one night... after that all the teens in our youth group have been teaching a night. This wednesday night I'm teaching.

First of all you could use this... Ask them if they are "true christians" then What is true christianity? Is going to church being a christian.. no, ist just an attribute so is reading the bible, worshiping God, ect. So what is true christianity. Go to John 13:35_ By this will all know that you are my disciples( true christians ), that you have love one for another. It all comes down to unconditional Love... No matter what the condition that you love others. No matter how they dress, what they look like, or where they came from... Love them!!! as God has first Loved you!

I think you'll do great. And good message. I'll be praying for you. GODBLESS!!!

I

inallhonesty6541

Thanks, appreciate the feedback and I'll definitely use that.

A

allthisstuff

Matthew 7:21-24
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ NKJV

These are good critical verses. Some of us might say, "Lord, have we not tithed in church in Your name, taught Sunday school in Your name, and done many kind things in Your name?" I think there's a fine line between falling to sin and making a practice of sin. You should try to get people to examine their own hearts to see if they are practitioners of lawlessness.