Help?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Amber910

Hi my name is Amber and I'm a young adult but I need help.
I was saved on June 10 of 2010 and I know I am but I have had problems butI don't want to tell anybody about.
I don't have a lot of christian friends who are my age. So I only talk to my mom.
Anyway I've had bad thoughts and I can't shake them I've had them for a year now and every time I do I feel like I Dissapoint God. I've told him and I can't shake them. I want to God to be proud of me but these thoughts and dreams just come.
I'm scared that I have done this so often that he just thinks oh she says she wants it to stop but it'll happen again. I don't know how to stop this. And I've been in a rut for two years about this I can never get pass this. I need help

Jun 2, 2014
Define bad thoughts, it's the first step.

A

Amber910

Lustful dreams and thoughts.

Jun 2, 2014
Well first off dreams(as in sleeping) are out of your control. I'm sorry, but God does not punish nor look down on people who have "wet dreams".(nor should society).

---------------------

Sexual attraction is normal.

But there is a line between attraction and perversion. Generally you will know which one and it takes self control to maintain yourself.

C

CHRISTENE

Phillipians 4:8

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

You can meditate on the promises of God, His goodness , favor , protection. There are wonderful bible verses that can help you to lead your thoughts in better directions , make them a part of your life . I do this . It helps me.

Psalm 84:11
11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 32:8
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways

We are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26) and we are commanded to imitate God

Ephesians 5:1
1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.

May God help you

T

Timmaayyyy

i have/had the same thing. When i first became a believer i had that all the time and i was miserable lol. I told the lord that i don't want these thoughts and it's not me that thinks of these things. Don't worry the lord knows your heart and he knows if your really sincere. The enemy can also temp you and attack your mind and says that you did it. Don't listen to the enemy and keep on asking and trusting Jesus. He loves you and he will never give up on you. And for the dreams i think that it cant be on you because you have no control over them anyway. God Bless!

R

Roughsoul

Hey this is natural to have these feelings. God made us this way to feel this kind of attraction toward the other sex. We have hormones and chemicals in the brain that release just from smells our thoughts. Don't beat your self up over something you cant control. Now when it comes down to acting on these thoughts that's where you can control your self. But also remember no matter what you done or will do, ask for forgiveness and God will forgive you. Do your best and admit when you have done wrong to God. He loves you soo much and like a great father he forgives and teaches us wisdom. For this is why Jesus died on the cross. I say all this because I am a married 23 year old male with a wife and an amazing 7 month old son. I remember having those same thoughts and did make some bad choices. But God forgave me because I prayed and asked. And When you think your in a rough patch in life it could be the best thing to ever happen to you one day when you look back. So as the bible says take one day at a time. do just that and remember Gods love is so much words cant describe he knows we are not perfect and loves us for this because if we was perfect we would not need God. He is glad we are not perfect and when we mess up, God will happily lift up off the floor and held you walk until you can walk on your own. To be honest I believe this takes some one their whole life and even then God will still have to pick us up time and time again. Just be your best and when you feel like God is disappointed 1. Pray 2. admit sins 3. Ask forgiveness 4. Try to be better 5. Move on.
The past is the past move on, its only the Devil that wants you to keep beating your self up.