Helping One Another Poll

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do Christians do enough to help one another?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
R

RickInAmarillo

When I was a boy, my Godly mother taught me the Golden Rule, but she did it in reverse. She would say, "If you don't/wouldn't want so and so treating you like that, then don't treat them like that. It was a guiding principle in my life, and it was a good one.

Jesus taught the Golden Rule as a positive though in Matthew 7:12 and Luke 6:31 during the Sermon on the Mount, commanding us to, "Do to others as we would wan them to do to us," although in the 30+ plus years of my Christian life, I have found that this principle is overlooked and not practiced.

Now, I know that last statement sounded really negative, so let me explain.

The Golden Rule is akin to other biblical principles such as those of brotherly love, loving one another in deed and truth, and loving each other as Christ loved us (sacrificially) but I really don't see a lot of it going on on a daily basis.

Sure, we're all hugs on Sundays and in our weekday Bible studies even, but what are we doing to help one another the rest of the week?

We spend hundreds of millions of dollars sending missionaries around the world to fulfill the Great Commission; we build marvelous cathedrals to our king; we feed and clothe hungry and unclothed, etc., etc., but what about the person sitting next to us each Sunday morning? Are we treating them like we would want to be treated, loving and helping them - each other - in a sacrificial way on Tuesday at noon or Thursday at midnight?

In short, my question is, are we doing enough to help one another (poll attached, I hope)?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jesus said, as you treat the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.

I heard another in Jesus put it this way, your love for Jesus is mesured, by who you love the least.

This made me stop in my tracks, when I considered this, as how often do we justify how we treat those that are the least, the thought that my love for Jesus is measured through this, shook me to the core.

I praise God Our Father for opening the eyes of my heart in Jesus!

in Jesus, God bless.
pickles

J

Jullianna

No, I don't think we do nearly enough. Orphans, widows, the homeless, the hungry, the abused, those in nursing homes, prisons, etc. are more neglected than they should be. There are many ministries that are neglected, as many parts of the body seem to be missing, inactive, distracted or ineffective. We could all do much more, myself included.

(P.S. - as a native Texan, I love the avatar, Rick)

S

See_KING_Truth

I don't see nearly enough servitude in Christianity, myself included :(

May 21, 2009
I don't do enough. I am doing more all the time. Like I started giving this lady rides home from bible studies to lighten the load for this other lady. I told her if she ever needed rides or for me to go to the store for her or what ever to get a hold of me. I lent her a good book of the Jabez prayer and she is learning from it. I'm not the best but I am doing something.

A

AnandaHya

I think all Christians need to do with/for each other is pray and love one another.

Allow God to do the rest. For it is not through works we are saved but through faith in GOD. We do not need to focus on helping one another but in serving God. Sometimes that is the same things and some times it is something else entirely.

The best help I've ever received is when someone takes the time to listen and pray with me.

I think anything we do can be made into something wonderful for God tells us, nothing we do in His name is ever wasted:

1 Corinthians 15:58
Amplified Bible (AMP)
58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be firm (steadfast), immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord [always being superior, excelling, doing more than enough in the service of the Lord], knowing and being continually aware that your labor in the Lord is not futile [it is never wasted or to no purpose].

1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
ditto to all the above

C

carey

We definitely do not do enough, and that really is to our shame. Not only do we not do enough in the helps aspect of ministry, but also in evangelising, we go out and tell people about Jesus, but what afterwards? Do we collect phone numbers and actually follow up with them? Or do we share the Gospel and think we've done our job, we are also very judgemental of others. I mean, how many time

C

carey

Do we carry the attitude of "I'm right, your wrong " and instead of teaching in love, we lord scripture over others

Sorry about the two posts, but my phone is messing up again
:(