He's EVERYWHERE!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HopeRemains

Alright, I have a confession. Today, I watched a bad show. Now, I won't mention names, but let's just say it didn't glorify God. There wasn't graphic depictions of anything, but there was some innuendo and some cussing. "Bad". Get it?

Anyways, my parents aren't the type to normally let me watch this stuff, so I was doing it on my laptop. And, yes, I was getting that feeling of conviction. If you're anything like me, you know the one. That little feeling in the pit of your stomach that makes you wanna throw up. The one you just kinda hope will go away? Yeah, that one. Now, this feeling wasn't one to be ignored. So, I stopped to think about what I was doing. I paused the show and everything. It was rather dramatic...

Okay, so I'm pretty paranoid about these types of things. This is how the priorities went:
3) What if Dad found out? I'd probably get my laptop taken away...
2) But what if Mom came in right now?! I'd be grounded for sure.
1) And that's when the epiphany hit me. *Whack!* What if God found out? And then the even scarier epiphany hit me: God doesn't need to find out. God's everywhere. Jesus is watching this TV show with me! :eek:And I betcha He isn't very happy with me...

Needless to say, I powered down the laptop.:eek: And I just prayed that God would forgive me and help me not to do it again. And I'm not planning on it, either! When the Son of God is sitting next to you all the time, it gets a little bit easier not to sin. We've just gotta remember he's there!
Psalm 139:7~"Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?"

What about you guys/girls? Got any little stories about God's sense of humor? Or just Him being with us? The little things that remind you He's there? I'd love to hear 'em!:D

C

ChristianTeen

Sounds like your Guardian Angel and our Lord were at work! Happens to me a lot too, sometimes i'll think about doing something, then realize i'm not alone and go for the 'good' choice.

G

Garrison

God is awesome!!! Though that's an understatement.. haha

R

Ralph

God is amazing ;D

A

AmyLynn93

What a great story! I can definitely relate. It's that feeling of conviction that helps keep us from doing something we'll regret. Even though we still mess up a lot, it's there. Great thread. :]

A

Adidas

Don't worry about it, if your God is truly loving and caring, he won't mind.

D

daniella

That was a great thing really,but the hard part is that,I DO get those feelings sometimes but the worse thing I do is that I ignore it.thnks for reminding me that

THE ONE,WHO HAS SWEPT ME OFF MY FEET BY HIS LOVE,IS NEAR ME,EVERYWHERE............................
THANK YOU JESUS