Hey -- any help?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Che_every_day

Hey guys I'm new. Looking for some help with a crippling drinking problem..

chip

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
well you have my prayers.

but are there any treatment areas where you live? i know they are not 100% but a good start in the right direction.

are there an AA groups in your area? i had a few friends whom become part of this due to some auto accidents they were involved in, which involved their similar problem.

hope you are not just trying to do this alone.....

W

wwjd_kilden

What he said. :) Support is important (in addition to prayer).

Will add to my list

S

shekaniah

I agree...
go to a support group.
You have my prayers too.

Oct 31, 2011
I found a book that impressed me as being very helpful. It is “The Addiction Workbook” by Patrick Fanning and John T. O’Neill. I am sure it is not nearly the help that a good program is, but it wouldn’t hurt.

Sometimes the Lord fills you so full of His spirit it takes away the feeling you must have alcohol. Many people on this site will be praying for you!

God bless and keep you.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is very good too :)

Praying for you brother....that the Spirit will come into your life and give you strength, guidance, and help you grow your will power :)

Have some accountability....many addictions need help from outside; along with God of course :)

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
My friend. I have heard a really wise saying that goes like this.

When you go into a dark room, do you need to shout at the darkness to go away? No, all you have to do is turn the light on :)
Put your life at the feet of Jesus. Surrender to Him truly. Ask Him to control you and to cleanse you from all bondage. I challenge you to seek Him and to ask Him to change your life. But you must have faith that He can do it for you. He is more than interested in you. He loves you more than anyone ever could. Just talk to Him. Seek Him in His word and let Him speak to you.

J

Jemuel

Hey guys I'm new. Looking for some help with a crippling drinking problem..

I'l keep you in my prayers! surrender it to the Lord

To stop from drinking, you must keep away from those who drink. Also, remember the effects of drinking? How does it feel to be dizzy? vomiting? Have you also experience waking up one morning and you felt like you like to drink both cold water and hot water? I am with you. I also had that issue but it requires a lot of prayers to do. You also have the desire to quit drinking. I am happy now that I wake up each morning and i feel good. I wake up without those effects stated above.

I hope this helps

Glory to the risen king

C

CB55

go to 12stepme.org. sign up and start chatting with them. find a sponsor and do the steps, then start sponsoring others. learn how to give it all to him and let him deal with this. you can not do it on your own. e me if you need to. Dear God, please work in che's heart and to help overcome this problem. please guide che to your servants at this organization who are working and serving you, and give them the wisdom to show che how to manage this problem. In your name i pray, amen.

P

psychomom

Dear one, this is a difficult thing to do alone. Which you do know, or you would not be here. I hope you will seek a program, or even re-hab, if you need it, and that pride and temptation won't stop you.

But more than these, important as they are, you need the Lord Jesus. Many people have survived such a problem alone, but to thrive...to live fully...to make this a testimony of good things, the Lord is needed. Above all, eternal destiny is at stake, dear child! The Lord walked the earth and surrendered His life for y-o-u. He rose from the dead, and holds the keys to death and hell. He overcame to make a way for us to be overcomers. :)

God's love for you can't be described, or broken, or destroyed. I have prayed for you, my dear, that the Lord will send you to a church, or whatever place He's made just for you, to hear the Gospel--the good news of His love for you, and His way for you to be reunited with Him. The Bible says just as in Adam all men died (spiritually), so in Christ all men can live! This is good news! There is nothing we can do to earn it--if we could do that, we would have no need of a Savior. But if we hear the Truth, we are given the gift of believing it, and then we can surrender our lives to Him, and we become His own, and all things are made possible through the One who loves us.

Your drinking problem is a symptom, beloved, of your spiritual condition (death :( ). Trust in Jesus is the cure. I pray earnestly that you receive it!
in Christian love,
~ellie

A

ashjuin

U need to go to your Dr. and let them know about how much u drink, they can run blood work on u to see how bad your liver is and what kind of damage u have done to it. They can help u set up a program that is best for u. I have worked in medical a long time and some of the people i have seen who had drinking problems its not a pretty site, and u are to young to be going down that road. I will be praying for u.

O

oracle2world

Cold turkey is the only way. You do not finish the drink, the six pack, the alcohol in your house. Nothing more.

Are you up for that?

I will pray for you.

J

Jemuel

I'l keep you in my prayers! surrender it to the Lord

To stop from drinking, you must keep away from those who drink. Also, remember the effects of drinking? How does it feel to be dizzy? vomiting? Have you also experience waking up one morning and you felt like you like to drink both cold water and hot water? I am with you. I also had that issue but it requires a lot of prayers to do. You also have the desire to quit drinking. I am happy now that I wake up each morning and i feel good. I wake up without those effects stated above.

I hope this helps

Glory to the risen king

and guess what last night was my sisters post birthday clebration they drank all night. yes i was with them for two hours and i decided to drink ICED tea....with prayers and with the desire to please God and with God's grace it can be done. we can be with them without compromising....

Glory to the risen king

P

preachersaul

Hey fella, I had this problem when I got saved. Romans 8 and Phillipians 1:6 helped me alot. Pray and obey. Remember that you are loved, and failure won't change that. You'll get all the time you need. Remember that God alone is your judge.

Getting help is a good idea but if you would rather not read a book called the Bondage Breaker by Dr. Neil T. Anderson.

You'll be in my prayers,
Dan

S

shekaniah

Hey fella, I had this problem when I got saved. Romans 8 and Phillipians 1:6 helped me alot. Pray and obey. Remember that you are loved, and failure won't change that. You'll get all the time you need. Remember that God alone is your judge.

Getting help is a good idea but if you would rather not read a book called the Bondage Breaker by Dr. Neil T. Anderson.

You'll be in my prayers,
Dan
This book changed my life!
It helps you identfy who you are in Christ.:D

F

flight316

Say you're che_every_day alright then. Look I've had heroin addicts tell me that alcohol is worse than heroin. There's only one way with me. That way is Jesus Christ my personal savoir. I know about alcohol. You say you're not saved and that you are not a christian, yet you are seeking help on a christian chat line. Alright dude, here's the deal. Pray to God right now and ask Him to come into your life. Ask for deliverance from your addiction. Join AA and get a sponser . Its your life. You have to want a change. We can't do it for you. Love, "Flight 3:16"

Sep 10, 2012
all good advice...bear in mind AA used to be a Christian organization but now is open to any higher power helping you so be very cautious that you only seek help from God through Jesus..may He bless you for you wanting to have His sober mind in you