hey, any other teens tired of doing nothing as a Christian?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rainacorn

Great feedback! Thanks for taking the time.

Reaching out to parents is by far the hardest part. I know we've made some attempts in the past, but they potentially did more harm than good. It's the parent's generation that stopped coming to church to avoid judgment and criticism of their lives. Pitching to them easily comes off as 'you're doing a terrible job of raising your child.' lol

I know we want to avoid being one of those churches that tries to lure people in with rock bands and movies and parties that are vaguely Christian-themed and I think our aversion to such things has made some of our congregation sort of give up even wanting to try. "Well if THAT'S what it takes, then FORGET THEM!'

The generational differences here are astounding. I remember being a teen on fire for Christ and you're right- the fellowship was a huge part of it. Outings and movies and parties with Christian friends... those things can teach kids how to live Christian lifestyles even though it's not a straight Bible Study. It can show them how much fun you can have without drinking and obsessing about sex and pushing all sorts of moral boundaries.

I really appreciate your comments and will take them to heart. I pray we can strike some kind of balance in reaching out to kids without scaring away their parents!

If anyone else has stuff to say on this, I'd love to hear it!

C

Came_to_my_rescue

You want to do something start reaching out to your church first. Seriously in my church all I hear about it "let's do something!" "come on youth lets be something for this world!" meanwhile there are people within the youth group who are ignored; saved then chucked away... on to the next project. Eventually the "project" will leave and there's another person out in the world you need to "save"

P

pretzel

Also, I really don't understand how there's not a single Christian teen in my neighborhood. It's incredible, but I shouldn't find that very amazing. I have a really bad highschool. Everyone there is insane.
maybe you can preach to those guys (evangelize) so they may become christians =)

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
There's a lot that you can do to help just on this site. There are many threads here in which people ask about Christianity. If you don't know much about it yourself, no problem; just tell them how your life has been changed by having Jesus at the helm :). You can also evangelize in the chat room, though for most teens the forums may be better. Here's a link to a thread I started about it: http://christianchat.com/christian-singles-forum/35758-you-guys-please-read-girls-too.html

D

Dorothy

in the past I got cross on God, i couln't understand why I was so diffrence as the ''normal'' teens,
but when I take a look around right now everybody seems so far away from God,
so now im glad God called me and took me as His child! and I want to tell the people of God, but some times im just affraid that other people laugh at me or don't like me any more,, luckily I may know that I can trust Him, and that He won't let me do anything when im not ready for it yet!

D

Dorothy

heeii,, im dorothy!;)
and about praying: God said in His Word that the prayer of a faithfull human can do much,,
and you should never give up praying!
and praying is like talking to God!
:)

C

CheyChey

Hello I've just joined and though I am new to Christianity I would love to join you. Though this is an old post and i'm not sure if I can comment on this I will try :)