Hi, I'm Carly

• Thread starter bigfatcrazychick
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bigfatcrazychick

Hello, My name is Carly. I have made a lot of bad choices and turned away from God and the church many times. I am working at becoming a better christian. I live in a small town in central New York with my three year old son, my sister, her boyfreind and their son (my nephew.) I take care of my son and nephew and work part time as a children's librarian. I recently lost my son's father. We were planning on getting married this month. Mormon Missionaries began meeting with me in my home about a month before he passed away. I am in the process of studying mormonism, the book or mormon, Joseph Smith and other prophets of the LDS church. I know that many very good christians feel very strongly that the LDS church is wrong. My son and I have attended twice and I have felt the holy ghost working in me at the LDS church and during the meetings I've had with the missionaries at my home, but I have also felt doubt, confusion and even guilt. I know I am a child of God and that Jesus Chirst was sent by him to save the world. I don't know if I am on the right path. I am hoping to find fellowship and oppurtunity to discuss my faith and to listen to others' testimonies. Maybe someone can help me, but mostly I hope I will be able to help others.:)

Aug 27, 2011
Hello Carly, nice to meet you. You are welcome in the Name of the LORD GOD. The place of God is the best place to be and His words in The Bible contain everything we need. We just have to believe in it and put it in practice in our lives.
Enjoy your stay here and may God touch and bless you.
Thanks,
Pelekeh.
Hello, My name is Carly. I have made a lot of bad choices and turned away from God and the church many times. I am working at becoming a better christian. I live in a small town in central New York with my three year old son, my sister, her boyfreind and their son (my nephew.) I take care of my son and nephew and work part time as a children's librarian. I recently lost my son's father. We were planning on getting married this month. Mormon Missionaries began meeting with me in my home about a month before he passed away. I am in the process of studying mormonism, the book or mormon, Joseph Smith and other prophets of the LDS church. I know that many very good christians feel very strongly that the LDS church is wrong. My son and I have attended twice and I have felt the holy ghost working in me at the LDS church and during the meetings I've had with the missionaries at my home, but I have also felt doubt, confusion and even guilt. I know I am a child of God and that Jesus Chirst was sent by him to save the world. I don't know if I am on the right path. I am hoping to find fellowship and oppurtunity to discuss my faith and to listen to others' testimonies. Maybe someone can help me, but mostly I hope I will be able to help others.:)

W

wwjd_kilden

Well, I dont know much about them really. Just remember to use discernment. If they go against the word of God, leave. Never forget the truth that Jesus is the ONLY way to God. There are too many branches of christianity to say this is right and that is wrong, but we all need Jesus to be saved.

welcome to the forums :)

B

bigfatcrazychick

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the encouragment, and the honesty. I was very glad to find this forum. I hope to be able to have some conversations that are valuable to me and to others.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hello Carly welcome to Christian Chat.

N

_Natalie

Hello :D welcome to CC. I am new here too.