Hi I'm Erin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Eryella

My name is Erin, my screen name is a play on Ariella (Lion of God) and my nickname Eryie,, I thougth it was clever. I am about to turn 30 and I have 2 children. My daughter is 8 and my son is almost 4. I came looking for a place I could chat with and meet friends of like mind to be myself and grow as a Christian. Iron sharpens iron, right? I live in Jacksonville, FL. I was born and raised in Central California and only moved out here in October of 2009 for a better chance at some opportunities (medically and things). My fiance is also from here. I moved here for him as well. That's a whole other situation...I honestly have yet to make any friends. I did just find a church nearby that I like and enjoy so I hope it cultivates into something positive. I'm a college student, I'm working on my bachelors, and double majoring. My first major is social and criminal justice, specializing in forensics. The second is Psychology. I hope after I finish my bachelors to get my masters in Psychology. I would like to work in the federal prison system one day. I have online classes.

I also was born with complications, and was a preemie. My lungs are permanently damaged and are limited compared to a normal healthy lung of a 29 year old almost 30 year old woman. I also was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 1 with psychosis in 2000. Later with anxiety and panic attacks, PTSD, and borderline personality disorder. After my son was born I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I also am going deaf apparently. It's all a struggle but I am grateful because I believe this has showed me compassion, empathy, and things that seem to be fewer and fewer in society. I do, however, also have a service animal...her name is Sera and she helps me go out and about. In seeing how some people react to my sickness and regardless of my attempt to make things better for my children and myself, I've become slightly agoraphobic, Sera helps me battle against this.

I was born a Mormon, 7th generation. I left that church by my own choice when I was 18, after deciding it was not the way for me when I was a few years younger. I have contemplated returning for various reasons, mostly for my family since they all are LDS/Mormon members and it's a heavy influence in my family. As the first to leave or express out loud my dissatisfaction it's been a difficult road. After that I became active in the Pagan/witch community for many years as a solitary practitioner, though I considered joining one coven. By the time my daughter was born I shifted into a different mindset, an angry one I suppose. Then after she was born, about 6 months later I started dreaming about things. Mostly about faith and such. It triggered my current journey to God and I committed to Christ in July 2003.

It's been a bumpy road of back sliding and going back to different ideas (mostly pagan and Satanism, which I also have studied shortly at some point, and the other 2 Abrahamic religions) I decided recently I would never be satisfied by any of that and I needed to find a way to make a relationship solid back with Jesus, my savior. Thru all this my daughter has now turned 8 and has been such a shining light to me. Her faith has been amazing and her surety so strong that it's mind blowing because she's so young. My son recently showed interested as well in the church experience. So I hope we can attend as a family. My fiance, as I said is another story i will have to share another time....but I met him at a time I was not worried about my relationship with Jesus. I hope this isn't tl;dr for you and I can't wait to start chatting and meeting you guys.

God Bless
Eryella

B

buttacup

welcome to cc Erin

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hi Erin i hope you are enjoying Christian Chat.

V

Va_sara

Thank you for sharing your story! And welcome to Christian Chat. Have a great time here!

S

Stephen

Hello and welcome to CC

F

Forgiven66

Hello Erin, and welcome to Christian Chat. It seems although you have had some rough times God has carried you, and bless you with two Children.