Hi new here.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DebraH

I have a issue of question dealing with a marriage that ended in separation for the last five years because of him being a alcoholic and not disclosing that to me in the beginning. We have been married for almost 25. I just have not brought myself to divorce him because I don't want to go against Gods feelings about divorse.But have moved on and have a boyfriend I love. I have no love for my husband other than simpathy and do help him because he is ill. I have looked at the dissolution provision lately because it has a fraud clause which I'm interpretating as him not telling me his problem and being a lie in the beginning not disclosing himself as a alcoholic. I went thru almost 20 years of physical abuse from him. Does God really want me not to be happy and move not ever on? I just am so afraid God will punish me if I do this Dissolution to be free to marry again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DebraH

I do understand this is a complicated issue. I have read scripture concerning divorce many times just wonder the thoughts of other Christians concerning living by the law or living by grace.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hello and welcome.. Your post would be better suited for the Family forum. The new members forum is only for introducing yourself. :) You will also get alot more responses in the Family forum, because not many people visit the new members forum.

D

DebraH

Thank you.

F

Fladreaming

Welcome. Look for guidance through prayer and the Word. If you are open and honest God will speak to you. I am not going to judge you. From my understanding you are still married and have a boyfriend and are worried about how God will look upon the dissolution of your marriage. Is that correct?

D

DebraH

I have prayed alot and get no answer. I am separate d from the boyfriend too know to try and find a answer to what he wants me to do. If anything. I am just confused as to living by God's grace and forgiveness or living by the old testament law plays into my situation and was wondering if any Christians have had any comments. I understand I have been back slidden but also the boyfriend is a atheist and can't help but believe I have been placed in his life for a reason whether it be permanent or just for a while. I know ultimately God will give me my answer and have to be patient and just wait.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Glad to have you join our community. Welcome to CC.

D

DebraH

Thank you all for your responses to my post. So appreciate it. I have not had fellowship with any Christians because I have actually been stuck in a truck and over the road for the last five years and not able to attend church. Thanks.

D

DebraH

Oops put this in the wrong place.