Hi!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lfos24

Oct 5, 2021
hi im lakayla and need advice and prayer on college

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Hello Lakayla and Welcome to Christian chat!

Not sure I am qualified to give you advice on college, but welcome to throw out what more you need advice on in and give it a shot. Be glad to pray for you as well.

Oct 1, 2021
Hi Lakayla! Welcome!

I'll happily offer my advice to any question you direct my way - I am an undergrad student myself. Also, how can I support you in prayer?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Welcome to CC, Lakayla.

Think about what you are going to do career-wise. If college requires it, go to school. If college doesn't require it, go into business. If you are seeking an MRS degree, go to church.

You are not going to see a pillar of cloud or fire. God gave you a brain to weigh your options and make the right decision.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
diamond-rain-purple-4k-and-full-hd_vkocjpnc__F0000 - Copy - Copy (10) - Copy - Copy - Copy - C...png :)
"Thank you for being you."

Nov 26, 2012
I personally think college is oversold. It is absolutely essential for some careers but not all. What path motivates you? Science? Travel? Computers? Sales? Hospitality? Working with hands or more mind? I hate it when the immediate focus after high school is more school. My daughter finished four hard years of university to become a nurse and hates it. Starting her career in the midst of a pandemic wasn’t on the radar. Spend time thinking about what the world needs to make sure you don’t end up an overeducated barista.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hello lakaya. My counsel is to seek a counselor at school regarding college, how to apply for a grant to help pay for it and the right course of study to consider based on your aptitude and interests. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
hi lakaya and welcome! perhaps you have already applied? if not I highly recommend taking the Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment--it is helpful in finding out more about yourself and what career (s) might be a good fit for you. Alternatively read the descriptions of the personality types here and see which one fits you. https://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/the-16-mbti-types.htm Once you find look up Love Who (a strange name, but this guy, Nathan Glass is brilliant when it comes to understanding personality types) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmOchZCqNQU3Gjh8X4GarOw

A prayer for you: "Father, please guide Lakaya along the best pathway for her life. Right now she needs wisdom and guidance regarding college--please help her pick one that would be the right fit for her as well as the right degree program. Also please let her get the funding that will pay for college and give her people (perhaps thru church or a local college/christian university club) to help her talk thru her interests. Please let her have your peace and take away any anxiety. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Yo Lakara, most colleges have christian fellowships, my advise would be if you go to college hook up and identify early with the christians.

I have always believe if we raise the banner wherever we go then we can expect the Lord to be with us and get us through.

[mebbe that was the advise you didn't want to hear :cautious:]

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and I'm sure you'll get some good advise here re college and Jesus. God bless and direct your paths:)

S

SaltwaterGirl

A358BA8A-7C78-4B77-A618-DE13B70E6B4C.gif Warm welcomings, Lakayla. So glad you’re here. E94488B1-0C8B-412C-8B47-C465C282C652.gif