High I am here looking for Christian advise. My name is Ashley

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sissyashley

My "boyfriend" and I have been together for 3 years. He treats me right. We don't call each other names and he is very honest with me even when he has made mistakes in our relationship. He is 28 years old with no children and I have 3. He takes responsibility for my children, our 3 dogs, and myself. He provides. He pays a portion of the rent, electric, internet, dish, home phone, cell phone, and health insurance. Plus he gives me extra spending money. I am very dependent on him and do not know how I could support myself, children, and dogs with out him. He has all these qualities, plus even with his very busy schedule he always finds time for me.

Here's the thing. He doesn't want to get married anytime soon. He doesn't want to talk about the subject. Problem with that is that we live together and do things that are only appropriate in a married relationship according to the Bible I read.

There is no commitment. I ask him is he going to stay with me and he says, "Are you going to exceed 200lbs?" He says that if I get fat I better be working on it or our relationship with end. This is very honest. However, it is wrong in my book.

We had a break up. We continued to talk, went to the movies, he took me to one of my son's track meets, and he continued to pay my phone bill. Then I found out he was talking to another girl. When I made the move to get him back he choose her. When we got back together I asked him why he did that and he said, "I saw someone better and I went for it." Honest, but also wrong in my book.

We find out that a man married 43 years has started having an inappropriate relationship with a young women. The married couple will most likely not divorce but the man will continue with his affair. My boyfriend does not see anything wrong with it because the man provides for his wife. He is honest about his belief here, but in my book it is wrong.

There was a time that my boyfriend resented me because he worked so hard and I was staying home all day, sleeping in until 1pm. Still bringing in my own income same as now. My boyfriend started talking to females online about leaving me. Sending pictures of himself with out his shirt on. Asking for the same pics in return. Talking about meeting. At one point the one girls says, "It sound like you want to get caught." My solution for this behavior was to confront him and to get a job to pacify him.

I feel like I am living in sin and there is no way out. I feel like his beliefs are beliefs I cannot live by if in the event any of these situations happen. Like me getting fat. Or another beautiful girl show him some attention. On the other hand he is the best man I have been with by far. What do I do?

D

dalconn

He's ungodly...boot him!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My "boyfriend" and I have been together for 3 years. He treats me right. We don't call each other names and he is very honest with me even when he has made mistakes in our relationship. He is 28 years old with no children and I have 3. He takes responsibility for my children, our 3 dogs, and myself. He provides. He pays a portion of the rent, electric, internet, dish, home phone, cell phone, and health insurance. Plus he gives me extra spending money. I am very dependent on him and do not know how I could support myself, children, and dogs with out him. He has all these qualities, plus even with his very busy schedule he always finds time for me.

Here's the thing. He doesn't want to get married anytime soon. He doesn't want to talk about the subject. Problem with that is that we live together and do things that are only appropriate in a married relationship according to the Bible I read.

There is no commitment. I ask him is he going to stay with me and he says, "Are you going to exceed 200lbs?" He says that if I get fat I better be working on it or our relationship with end. This is very honest. However, it is wrong in my book.

We had a break up. We continued to talk, went to the movies, he took me to one of my son's track meets, and he continued to pay my phone bill. Then I found out he was talking to another girl. When I made the move to get him back he choose her. When we got back together I asked him why he did that and he said, "I saw someone better and I went for it." Honest, but also wrong in my book.

We find out that a man married 43 years has started having an inappropriate relationship with a young women. The married couple will most likely not divorce but the man will continue with his affair. My boyfriend does not see anything wrong with it because the man provides for his wife. He is honest about his belief here, but in my book it is wrong.

There was a time that my boyfriend resented me because he worked so hard and I was staying home all day, sleeping in until 1pm. Still bringing in my own income same as now. My boyfriend started talking to females online about leaving me. Sending pictures of himself with out his shirt on. Asking for the same pics in return. Talking about meeting. At one point the one girls says, "It sound like you want to get caught." My solution for this behavior was to confront him and to get a job to pacify him.

I feel like I am living in sin and there is no way out. I feel like his beliefs are beliefs I cannot live by if in the event any of these situations happen. Like me getting fat. Or another beautiful girl show him some attention. On the other hand he is the best man I have been with by far. What do I do?
If he is the best man you've been with I would hate to see the worse man. The problem is that you have become dependent on the income that he provides. This guy is looking for any excuse to dump you. He obviously does not find you attractive as he has already given you an ultimatum not to exceed a certain weight limit. There is no love in this relationship and no commitment. There was no mention of God in your post or your values that you share with this guy. Unless God is at the center of your relationship it must fail at one point. You are reaching that point now. If this place you are renting is in your name I would tell this guy to hit the road. I would then pray to God for Him to help you make up the portion of your expenses that he was contributing to. Show him to the door and then slam it closed.

Last edited:

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Agreed! This guy doesn't sound like he's ready for a relationship with anyone. God has something much better for you! I'll be praying for you.

U

Ugly

You are living in sin. And now you're dealing with the consequences of that choice.
While i agree you need to get rid of this guy, i see your circumstances don't make it easy. The concept of what to do is simple. Start taking steps to not be dependent on him and to be able too support yourself. I know the details of that are not quite as simple, but it's the only choice you have. Your other option is to stay in this sinful relationship with a man that has no respect for you, and wait until he ditches you for another woman one day. Then be caught unprepared and unable to take care of yourself. It's only a matter of time before this happens. So why wait for him to do it to you? Why not be proactive and start taking action rather than dwelling in this wrong relationship while waiting for him to ruin your life?

L

Lorita

I agree with the previous posts. You have to learn to depend on God He is your source. You are playing wife without the title. Just begin to pray and ask God for guidance. In the end God does not bless mess. If he can't respect you you respect you. He's doing it because you allow him to. He feel you can't make it without him but you can.

P

purpose

Hello sissyAshley,

I would have to agree with all of these post here this evening! I am glad to here you have your own income or job if i read your post correctly. You already had a break up . You already know how he is . There is always a way out. God will provide . if its meant to be. Put your focus on God he will direct your path. Pray . Focus on your children . focus on you. You dont deserve to be treated that way. There are Good men out there though not easy to find. Pray that god will send someone in your life to love you and your children the way you are. More than once you put this is wrong in my book . think about that. God is also a healer to. May God give you the strenght and answer you need to do what you need to do. Love & Prayers!