Hindu

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 12, 2023
Hello everyone
My name is Paarth. I got interest in orthodox christianity and then found this forum here. My question is it possible for me to follow both orthodox christianity and hinduism?

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Hello everyone
My name is Paarth. I got interest in orthodox christianity and then found this forum here. My question is it possible for me to follow both orthodox christianity and hinduism?
Not possible, as christianity "follows The Lord Jesus Christ, As 'God The Son'!"

All Other religions do not!!

Amen.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
Hello everyone
Hi and Welcome Paarth!

Scriptures tells us "No", as the answer to your question.

Exodus 20:1-3 (ESV)
And God spoke all these words, saying,
2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
3 “You shall have no other gods before me.

Isiah 42:8 (ESV)
I am the LORD (YHWH); that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Luke 4:8 (ESV)
And Jesus answered him, “It is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’”

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hello everyone
What a great question Spiritual Seeker123!
I wish more people would ask challenging questions like that.

Since you are sincerely seeking truth and courageously opened up to this new forum of strangers, I'll be happy to share a series that is meant to bless Hindus. One thing we look to as our soul source of faith and application is the Bible. That's what the following dozen or so miniseries of teaching videos is based upon. If after listening to each one, you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I'm here to help as much as time permits. God bless you Paarth.
🍵🙂👍📖

Definition of Yoga

Did Jesus Go to India?

What About Worshipping Other God's?

Reading from Hindu Scriptures Upanishads

What About Being God?

This was the first 5 of the series.
More to follow.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Hello everyone
Hi Spiritualseeker123, we're all glad you joined CC.

The problem between Christianity and Hinduism starts with a philosophical problem, a problem of logic.

1.) The principle of logic known as the "law of non-contradiction" says that when two things contradict each other, they cannot both be true.
(If you have any concerns or doubts about this, we can discuss it in more detail, and make it more clear.)

2.) IF we investigate the claims of Hinduism and Christianity, we will find that many of the core tenets contradict each other.

3.) THEREFORE, because the core tenets of both religions contradict each other, and the law of non-contradiction says contradictory things cannot both be true, THEN both religions cannot be true.

We're all glad you're here.
Please post more questions and we'll all do our best to answer them.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Footnote to Post #5
For people wondering why I posted the strange information above, it's because many adherents to pluralistic religions like Hinduism have extremely relativistic views about the nature of truth and reality.

Hopefully our new friend will stick around and ask lots of questions.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hello everyone
The answer to your question is no. The bible makes it clear that you cannot serve two masters. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Footnote to Post #5
For people wondering why I posted the strange information above, it's because many adherents to pluralistic religions like Hinduism have extremely relativistic views about the nature of truth and reality.

Hopefully our new friend will stick around and ask lots of questions.

True, but I think that's common to most after graduation from a liberal arts college or those who are into the New Age Movement in the west too. Thank God the the power of the gospel is unto salvation to anyone who believes it. Paul addressed those who were pagans by saying in their temple at Athens Greece, I perceive that in all things, ye are too superstitious. Then he went on to teach them about the Unknown God. I met some Catholics and protestants like that.... too superstitious.
I'm going to assume the best about Spiritual Seeker123 that he has accepted what truth he's been provided and will continue to do so as some of us have too.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello everyone
My name is Paarth. I got interest in orthodox christianity and then found this forum here.
My question is it possible for me to follow both orthodox christianity and hinduism?
How many gods and goddesses does Hinduism have? Christianity is monotheistic.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hello everyone
My name is Paarth.
Welcome to CC, Paarth! :)(y)

My question is it possible for me to follow both orthodox christianity and hinduism?
No. Jesus is the only way. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse you from your sinful state and set you free. God the Father pointed all to His Son, Jesus...

Matthew 3:16,17
“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:”
“And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Matthew 17:5
“While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.”

John 14:6
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son (Jesus), that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
HI Paarth you are welcome here and I agree with all the above responses and so glad you asked!!! May God bless & keep you always!