His Oil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

abbiejean

Long after the monster had gone tearing from her what only she had the right to give
Weeping, bleeding, in shock, pain, terrified
Numb
Overwhelmed
Petrified
Alone

Loved ones told
Daddy blamed and disowned
Mama shunned and called her trash saying no man would want her

Imps from the monster came and took up residence
Shame
Guilt
Remorse
Withdrawal
Feelings of being unworthy
Damaged
Soiled
Cheap
Unloveable
No longer good enough
Used

Another monster came professing to love
Only with his love he drank liquid that altered his behavior
Threatened with a knife later with a gun, she fled

The screams from the imps shouted louder

Another monster came
He was different
At first
He loved too until the package was unwrapped and he had used the contents
He bullied through words and deeds
Once finished he physically locked her out and moved on

The imps multiplied

Love came, real love but it was short
It was followed by a monster called death
Death bite hard and cruelly and fast
As the body of the loved one was lowered into the earth
So were dreams, hopes and desires

While the imps shouted the impact of their taunts were lessened
As her heart grieved the loss and disappointment of
Having been loved and loved in return
Having shared good things, right things
Having dreamed, planned, shared laughter
To have been held, cherished, needed and
Most of all wanted.

Time elapsed

Then out of nowhere another monster came

This monster was cruel
He lit the fires of hope
He allowed her to believe in good things
He came under the disguises of being something he wasn’t
He exploited her emotionally, physically, depleting her resources
She gave and received nothing in return
She lost herself and questioned why she even existed
Then he removed his mask revealing who he was
Showing his true intent, his true motive

She wanted to die
The monsters had won

Lying in the ash heap of life
Resting in the bitter coals of despair
She felt a touch
A tender touch
A loving touch

She looked and saw compassion
She saw mercy
She felt grace
She reached up and He reached down
He opened the jar and poured the oil of Gilead
Cleansing oil. Healing oil.
With love He held her and washed her in His blood
He spoke words that healed her
He spoke words that bound her wounds and ministered to her heart
He spoke Life

The monsters are gone
The imps have left
Their plans defeated by the Master
Their taunts silenced

My beloved has come and stayed
I have found safety in His embrace
Mercy in His presence
I have found peace and have His comfort
I have value and worth in the eyes of His love
I am no longer alone

I dedicate the above poem to any woman that has suffered abuse and has tucked that deep within her heart, feeling no one would understand or even care. The above thoughts have been on my heart for several days. Today I sat at my computer and typed as it came to me. Precious daughter of the Lord Jesus Christ, you ARE special in HIS eyes. It is my prayer that you feel the healing oil of Gilead as I have and that you come to see that you are loved with an everlasting love. A true love. A love that is unconditional. May the Lord lead you to ones that can and will listen and in that sharing you are able to heal, completely and wholly. God is truly a good God.

May God bless you and surround you with His comfort

Abbie Jean

A

abbiejean

Jesus Healed.

Forgiveness broke the chains. It was only after I forgave the monsters (not all men are monsters, folks. There are good, godly men out there) was I set free in my mind and heart.

[video=youtube;FMn0QNdiuGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMn0QNdiuGE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TashMeyer76

Hi AbbieJean - coming from a victim. This was really heart felt.

A

abbiejean

Hugs to you through cyberspace, TashMeyer. :) God is so very good. His love is so gentle and yet so very strong. Protective and yet freeing. May He surround you with His comfort and grace.

God bless you,

Abbie Jean

A

abbiejean

I just happened on this music on another thread. While it isn't applicable to my life (abuse as a little girl) abuse is abuse no matter what age a woman is when she suffers it. I post this as encouragement and hope for the heart of a hurting woman.

God loves you. You ARE precious in His sight.

[video=youtube;9X6h6QiFqi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X6h6QiFqi4[/video]

Thank you, ww_12 (who posted it on another thread) for sharing this. I like songs composed and sung by Matthew West.

A

abbiejean

I saw this quite awhile ago online and honestly don't remember where I saw it. I downloaded it and at one time used it as the background on my monitor.

18084835973660335_ji8UT4CG_b.jpg

Be encouraged. God can help you heal and move past the pain and trauma of your experience. I know for He's done it for me. My story doesn't define me. It happened but that's not who I am. I am blood washed, spirit filled and a new creature in Christ Jesus, the old is gone. I live in the here and now. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17.

I am not a victim and I don't live in that mentality or frame of mind. I don't feel "woe is me." My experience made me strong, drew me closer to the Lord and in turn has given me a deeper level of compassion, mercy and understanding for those who have or are walking that road. All things, not just some or a few, happen for a reason. I do not nor will I ever accept condemnation from satan. That was taken care of at Calvary.

You matter. You DO have importance in the eyes of God. He Loves You! :)

S

smartttybudddy

I saw this quite awhile ago online and honestly don't remember where I saw it. I downloaded it and at one time used it as the background on my monitor.

Be encouraged. God can help you heal and move past the pain and trauma of your experience. I know for He's done it for me. My story doesn't define me. It happened but that's not who I am. I am blood washed, spirit filled and a new creature in Christ Jesus, the old is gone. I live in the here and now. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17.

I am not a victim and I don't live in that mentality or frame of mind. I don't feel "woe is me." My experience made me strong, drew me closer to the Lord and in turn has given me a deeper level of compassion, mercy and understanding for those who have or are walking that road. All things, not just some or a few, happen for a reason. I do not nor will I ever accept condemnation from satan. That was taken care of at Calvary.

You matter. You DO have importance in the eyes of God. He Loves You! :)
Nice versus