History in a biblical context

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mitspa

The last time I tried to have a real discussion on this issue, some folks came in a ruined the thread for others.. Im going to try a different approach ? This fellow is a very respected professor of History and has brought much insight to my understanding of biblical context in history... Please watch this video and maybe we can have a good discussion among ourselves about the issues in history and our biblical understanding.

[video=youtube;RqZhch0LKlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZhch0LKlQ[/video]

Nov 22, 2015
I listened to the video. Thanks..I liked the history lesson. He's good at that. What part of the video did you want to discuss?

M

Mitspa

I listened to the video. Thanks..I liked the history lesson. He's good at that. What part of the video did you want to discuss?
Several things jumped out at me.. but I liked how he put Pauls relation to the Cornith church and his letter in context of the traditions being practiced in that city.

M

Mitspa

I also wonder at Nero and if he would qualify as the man of sin?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Hi Mitspa,

The whole series is very good. I hope many on here watch them.

Nov 22, 2015
I liked that part too..and about Apollos coming to Corinth...and about the missing letter of Paul where it sound like he blasted the Corinthians..Perhaps there wasn't much love there so God got rid of the letter..lol

Don't know about the man of sin for Nero..I'll have to look at the man of sin to see what scripture has to say about it...I know most people have the man of sin coming in the future...I haven't done any studying on it yet..the Lord has me focused on growing in grace and the knowledge of Jesus as my priority

Several things jumped out at me.. but I liked how he put Pauls relation to the Cornith church and his letter in context of the traditions being practiced in that city.

M

Mitspa

Hi Mitspa,

The whole series is very good. I hope many on here watch them.
I often watch his lessons ..I really get a lot out of his knowledge especially some of his BC lessons

M

Mitspa

I liked that part too..and about Apollos coming to Corinth...and about the missing letter of Paul where it sound like he blasted the Corinthians..Perhaps there wasn't much love there so God got rid of the letter..lol

Don't know about the man of sin for Nero..I'll have to look at the man of sin to see what scripture has to say about it...I know most people have the man of sin coming in the future...I haven't done any studying on it yet..the Lord has me focused on growing in grace and the knowledge of Jesus as my priority
Yea the idea that John the Baptist and his teachings where a more world wide event among the Jews is very interesting ...

Nov 22, 2015
Yes...that is true as well....so these Jews would have been from when they visited the temple on Pentecost as was their usual event...did they travel for the Day of Atonement as much too? I'm going to watch some more of his videos..they are interesting..thanks again for bringing it up.

Yea the idea that John the Baptist and his teachings where a more world wide event among the Jews is very interesting ...