Holiness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I agree, Gabe :)

JOHN 18:
4 Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, “Who is it you want?”
5 “Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied.
I am he,” Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) 6 When Jesus said, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground.
Yes! And what I find even more compelling about John's overwhelming awe in Revelation is that John spent an entire year or so walking, talking, eating and traveling with the same Jesus, yet his presence as a divine being was more than his senses could handle.

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
Thanks for the post Julianna, this has grieved my heart for awhile. It's refreshing to see that there are still some women out there who fear the Lord.

Jul 25, 2005
Wow, I inspire a thread on a subject I have been ruminating on for months without knowing it.

Go figure.

If I had to choose one of my main beefs with evangelicalism, it is that most evangelicals tend to throw holiness out the window. Look how we treat our Churches and Church services on occasion. There is nothing set apart. Half the time we are too busy trying to replicate Green Day to observe the grandeur before us.

Growing up I used to really have a ton of things against the Catholic Church, but now I understand why in some ways they have it right or rather "had" it right. the great spires and Cathedrals were made to rise and ignite contemplation on the grandeur and otherwordliness of God. Yes, I agree the torn veil is more important as it is central to our faith, but holiness and powerful beauty are things we have ignored for too long.