HOLY COMMUNION

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 16, 2014
If you post a list of Scriptures you either have to ask a question about what you posted or state what Doctrine or teaching you are trying to prove by the Scriptures you have posted.

Not everybody in here can read minds.

If you do not say anything about the Scriptures you posted then you cannot be upset when others ask you why you posted the Scriptures in the first place!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
If you post a list of Scriptures you either have to ask a question about what you posted or state what Doctrine or teaching you are trying to prove by the Scriptures you have posted.

If you do not say anything about the Scriptures you posted then you cannot be upset when others ask you why you posted the Scriptures in the first place!

Who is upset? ???

Not me.............mayhaps it's the other guy?

:)

IF people NEED a REASON to READ SCRIPTURE on a CHRISTIAN FORUM.........isn't that a wee bit STRANGE?

Hmm.............

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

You stated that not everybody can read minds but the fact is nobody can. Please, lighten up just a little because you come across as a bit harsh in your replies.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Ok... so.... back on topic. Group hug....

This past Sunday was the first Sunday morning "instrumental" worship service at my church.. (nobody was struck by lightning... imagine that!)
But.... during the communion, the acoustic guitar player was very quietly playing some chords, or some song that I didn't recognize.

Given the nature of what was going on and the reverence and retrospection that I sort of think should be a part of communion, what opinions do you have about that?
Personally, I didn't have a problem with it, as it was very quiet, background stuff. But, how do you all think the communion should be "done"?

The RCC, and probably others, have the "priest" place a wafer of bread on the tongue of each participant, and says "the body of Christ" or some such.
Having a "priest" do that is totally unnecessary, IMHO, but I sort of like the thought of each person that passes the tray say "the body of Christ" as they hand it to the next person... or, "here, take the body of Christ"... some word, or thought about Jesus' body. To me, THAT would be a communing with each other, more than just thrusting a tray at them. It would be an encouragement for the next person to actually think about what they are doing, while at the same time indicate that the person handing you the tray was thinking about Jesus' sacrifice.

Feb 7, 2015
Ok... so.... back on topic. Group hug....

This past Sunday was the first Sunday morning "instrumental" worship service at my church.. (nobody was struck by lightning... imagine that!)
But.... during the communion, the acoustic guitar player was very quietly playing some chords, or some song that I didn't recognize.

Given the nature of what was going on and the reverence and retrospection that I sort of think should be a part of communion, what opinions do you have about that?
Personally, I didn't have a problem with it, as it was very quiet, background stuff. But, how do you all think the communion should be "done"?

The RCC, and probably others, have the "priest" place a wafer of bread on the tongue of each participant, and says "the body of Christ" or some such.
Having a "priest" do that is totally unnecessary, IMHO, but I sort of like the thought of each person that passes the tray say "the body of Christ" as they hand it to the next person... or, "here, take the body of Christ"... some word, or thought about Jesus' body. To me, THAT would be a communing with each other, more than just thrusting a tray at them. It would be an encouragement for the next person to actually think about what they are doing, while at the same time indicate that the person handing you the tray was thinking about Jesus' sacrifice.
We don't "pass a tray" as most protestant congregations do.

Our group stands up and dividing approximately down the middle of the Auditorium, files through the chairs, to either side of the building, forming a line along the windowed walls. We move forward, toward the front where there are two tables (one on each side) that have three things on each. One is a basket of those little individual "communion services", and some few people just take one of those, and return to their seat.

The other items on each table are a basket with sometimes just a loaf of bread we break off a piece from by ourselves, or sometimes the bread is already broken... and a glass of juice that we dip the piece of bread in.

Some people (often a family together) pause in front of what we call the "altar", the steps to the stage, and face the stage for a moment of prayer. Some ex-Catholics cross themselves there or on the way back to their seats by way of the two center aisles.

This is a big time of hugging others and back slapping for us. It sometimes takes a few minutes to get everyone back in their seats.

Feb 7, 2015

I agree, 100%, with this. If we all agreed with what each verse meant to us, individually, they could just shut down this forum... there would be no more posting after a day or two.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Who is upset? ???

Not me.............mayhaps it's the other guy?

:)

IF people NEED a REASON to READ SCRIPTURE on a CHRISTIAN FORUM.........isn't that a wee bit STRANGE?

Hmm.............
Typically when people post scriptures, they are saying that they believe a particular doctrine or a particular viewpoint so here are scriptures that back up that viewpoint. When you just post scriptures with no explanation as to why you posted them that people have no way of knowing what message you are trying to convey

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Typically when people post scriptures, they are saying that they believe a particular doctrine or a particular viewpoint so here are scriptures that back up that viewpoint. When you just post scriptures with no explanation as to why you posted them that people have no way of knowing what message you are trying to convey

How about the same message as the Apostles? You know, the Gospel of Christ!

Or, would you rather there be controversial statements/arguments contained in all the threads here? Seems you do, as you have a habit of adding such comments to various threads........... sigh .........

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
[/B]

How about the same message as the Apostles? You know, the Gospel of Christ!

Or, would you rather there be controversial statements/arguments contained in all the threads here? Seems you do, as you have a habit of adding such comments to various threads........... sigh .........
so the apostles went around randomly quoting scriptures with no context behind them?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
so the apostles went around randomly quoting scriptures with no context behind them?

U can't really be that thick.............so, it has to just be an act...............so, forget you........