Holy Ghost ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jruiz

Dec 13, 2013
Had anyone experience the Holy Ghost ? And what does it feel like?? Last night I prayed and pleaded to The Lord to please show me what to do, that I can't take my husband not wanting me anymore and how poorly he treats me.. I wanted to hate him. what kind of person can sit there and watch their wife cry her eyes out and instead of showing her an ounce of sympathy he continues to degrade her...i asked god to show me through a vision, a dream.. Something... That night I had a dream jesus came to me and said.. "Love your husband ". The next morning I asked god if that was you and not me just having a dream.. Suddenly I felt a warm fuzzy feeling.. I felt like I could breath,like as if a burden has been lifted off me.. Has anyone experience this? Also! This same feeling had woke me up twice in the night...

E

Ecclesiastik

Sounds familiar to me. :)

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
Had anyone experience the Holy Ghost ? And what does it feel like?? Last night I prayed and pleaded to The Lord to please show me what to do, that I can't take my husband not wanting me anymore and how poorly he treats me.. I wanted to hate him. what kind of person can sit there and watch their wife cry her eyes out and instead of showing her an ounce of sympathy he continues to degrade her...i asked god to show me through a vision, a dream.. Something... That night I had a dream jesus came to me and said.. "Love your husband ". The next morning I asked god if that was you and not me just having a dream.. Suddenly I felt a warm fuzzy feeling.. I felt like I could breath,like as if a burden has been lifted off me.. Has anyone experience this? Also! This same feeling had woke me up twice in the night...
not because we getting certain feelings means we receive the holy ghost the feelings are great yes, but the only way to truely know if you have the holy ghost, is if you died to the world, not try to stop drinking or smoking or living an adulterous life ( just making examples ) but you will have no desire in your heart to do these things anymore through the holy spirit and you begin to question everything in your life, should i throw away these clothes or should i stop doing certain things, you want to be perfect in the eyes of God and the holy spirit straightens us up and shape us into what God want us to do and we live for the lord we become servants of the heavenly father and we love him so much and would never want to do anything against him, that's the power of the holy ghost, those who thirst will thirst no more, seek God and you will get filled and he will call you just make sure to anwser first

C

cfultz3

I am sorry to hear about how your husband is treating you. But, I am happy you went to the Lord with it.

Seeing that the Lord would say, "Love your enemy (one is persecute you)", He would also tell you to love your husband, the one who is persecuting you. I can tell you what Scripture tells us to do concerning those who persecute us, but also remember the Spirit never leads away from the revealed Truth we find in Scripture. Perhaps, God has a plan with you concerning him. Only God knows and reveals.

Your question concerning the Holy Spirit and if it was Him who gave you peace, all you need to do is to ask God as you did, and if a spirit denies the Christ having came in the flesh (God sending the Word to take flesh upon Himself), then you know if that spirit is false, or if that Spirit is from Jesus Christ.

Do you know that you can pray for the Holy Spirit to remain in you? Just follow Him and your tears will become laughter. As you continue to following Him on the path He is leading you on, your days will become spiritually brighter. Look upon the One who stands before you for your joy and perhaps, you husband will see that same Light.

--Chris

Lyta137

Dec 7, 2013
Just wanted to remind you that the Holy Spirit came upon you the moment you accepted Christ as your saviour...we some times call him our conscious and He is what validates us as children of God that's if we follow his direction. Romans 8:14. in short He is ready to manifest in your life at any given moment but like has been said, if you still aren't sure, pray and ask if it was Him. I also pray that God will give you the GRACE to love your husband like you received in your dream... all the best and remember that God can pull you through anything!!!

R

reject-tech

The Holy Spirit is the fact that you love and pray for your husband even though he doesn't understand. Knowing that he may never in this life.
It will direct you to continue to have sympathy and hope for him even if he carelessly disappears or kicks you out of the house.
That's what the Spirit feels like. The feeling you got when you woke up was just icing on your unleavened cake.
When you "wanted to hate him" you reached for the yeast.
When you didn't hate him and turned to God, you put it back down.

I have been and am still treated the same way. But I do not hate her. I hate the things the world has caused her to do.
I know she'll be free someday, and that might mean I have to pay for the corrective witness to be built in the meantime. Holy Spirit.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
In this particular instance, I believe it was Jesus who came to you in your dream and spoke to you and I believe Holy Spirit did flood your spirit with peace and lifted the burden off of you and you should believe it too sister :) God has done what you ask. You prayed, God answered. If we pray, we must go expecting an answer. Thank Him for all He has done and what He will do. You have done and honourable thing by crying out to God, that's His will for us and He has and will continue to honour that.