Homosexuality, it all starts from the heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hellopeople

Jun 2, 2012
Homosexuality & Sexual Immorality

Homosexuality is a sensitive topic in relationship with religion, friction and sparks are bound to flair while this topic is being debated.

Some of us don’t understand the implications of homosexuality, we think why would God make people this way if he is going to send them to hell? God did not make some people gay then condemn them to hell, as a man of God named Leonard Ravenhill said, and I’m paraphrasing ‘ God does not send you to hell because you are a sinner, he sends you to hell because you don’t get rid of the sin’

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

How did Homosexuality, come about, what is the cure, can a person fully recover?

A person is able to act straight but in the heart he still has the urges from the opposite sex, so we see this is a heart problem, all things begin in the heart and manifest into the physicial, for example, a person looks at a watch, covets it in his heart then steals it in the physical, again; a person gets angry, filled with hate then murders.

Even as was true with king David, he looked upon a woman, lusted and took her.

So the problem is a heart problem;
Whether it be theft
Lust
Hate
Murder

As the psalmist says;
Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Let’s go over to;

Romans 1-18-32
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them
Two things stood out to me, may be more, but two things in particular stood out to me;

1. They changed the truth of God into a lie
2. They did not like to retain God in their knowledge

The is the problem and the cure, they did not like to retain God in their knowledge and they changed the truth of God into a lie.

Jesus Christ is the Word of God, we as Christian are supposed to be conformed to the the image of Jesus Christ, to become like him, also known as Jesus in You

When we eat the word, we eat Jesus, Jesus is the Word of God manifested in the flesh, so we go into the word and eat (read or listen) to the Word of God, and we start to be renewed in our minds by God’s truth.

John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6:55
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John 6:56
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

John 6:54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

So from this we understand that we are to partake in his life, eat the flesh of life and drink his blood, now for someone just beginning to read the bible they might be abit baffled by that statement;
In the Old Testament they were forbidden to drink the blood of animals because it was the life of that animal;

Blood = Life
Flesh = Bread = Word

So Jesus wants us to Partake in his life;
To walk as he walked, to eat of him from the Word of God, which is eating from Jesus’s flesh-

1 John 2:6
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

So then there must be cure for this, as I see it, who else can better fix you that the Creator, God is able and more than willing to help you deal with besetting sins, which hinder us.

A closer relationship with Jesus, the renewing of the mind and retaining the knowledge of God will help you overcome, all by the power of the Holy Spirit.

This world is a very dangerous arena for the Christian, the world plants seeds in your heart by explicit videos, the lust of the eyes seen in movies and music videos, all these things the pollutions of the world can hinder you from making progress, this is why we are to pursue strongly after Jesus and seek a clean heart, a heart which doesn’t think as the world thinks, but a heart which is acceptable to the Lord.
Friendship with the world is enmity against God, if you are a friend of the world you are an enemy of God, simple as;

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Jude 1:24-25
24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Leonard Ravenhill said:
“Nobody else can give you a clean heart but God.”
Jesus Christ is the Physician, he is Healer he can heal and is willing.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

As my Pastor said the thoughts start in the mind and if we dwell on them they go in the heart, this is why it’s important to read our bibles everyday, and abstain from the worlds filth which wants to pollute your mind, whether its explicit T.V shows of profane music, it’s a battle for the mind, if your mind is renewed by the word then in turn your heart will be cleaner because your thoughts align with the word of God and not with the world.

We must therefore walk according to the Spirit and not according to the flesh, because homosexuality is of the flesh, so if we begin to walk in the Spirit we are no longer walking in the flesh, therefore will not fulfil the desires of the flesh.

Galatians 5:16
ut I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Galatians 5:24
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.

I urge you to read Galatians 5 and other epistles from Paul, I pray God will bless and deliver every person who suffers from this problem, amen!

It is possible to come to a place were those urges are dissolved, all by the Power of the Holy Spirit, in yourself you cannot do nothing, it is all God's work, he's the only one that is able to help you overcome, the urges, an an eye for men, or an eye for woman, God Bless and may he heal us from all our fleshly desires.

U

Ugly

Ok, i'm losing count, is the 1021st, or 1022nd post on homosexuality? I'm losing track of them all.

Oct 7, 2011
1027. Sheesh Ugly. You are supposed to be keeping a better count on these things. *disappointment*

T

timbo2computers

Ok, i'm losing count, is the 1021st, or 1022nd post on homosexuality? I'm losing track of them all.
Its a big topic... and the church is yet to make conclusive arguments ether way. A forum such as this is the ideal place to talk about it.

Personally i find it hard to judge when the bible changed its ideas on marriage changing from the old to the new testaments... Mite be about time for a change.

U

Ugly

1027. Sheesh Ugly. You are supposed to be keeping a better count on these things. *disappointment*
Maybe if you were on more i'd have more motivati... uhh... no.. probably not.. you're a big slacker too. =P

Its a big topic... and the church is yet to make conclusive arguments ether way. A forum such as this is the ideal place to talk about it.

Personally i find it hard to judge when the bible changed its ideas on marriage changing from the old to the new testaments... Mite be about time for a change.
Still been an overkilled topic here. And to me truth doesn't change. I don't care what 'the church' decides, that's not where i get my belief on the matter.

T

timbo2computers

Open a group for it.

The issue is only going to become more and more relevant... thats a given. With tv shows and media making a big deal out of it. '

I know 5 or 6 gay people (2 are christen) and i used to know none.

hellopeople

Jun 2, 2012

I beg to differ, even from the OT it was evident in scripture,

Genesis 2:24
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Matthew 19:6
So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

C

Chadtreme

I heard about a gay pastor. How is a pastor going to be gay?? He is suppose to be a man of God and teaching the truth, but yet he doesnt even follow the bible to the best he can.
I know this is off track a little but i just wanted answers to a gay man being a pastor.

hellopeople

Jun 2, 2012
I heard about a gay pastor. How is a pastor going to be gay?? He is suppose to be a man of God and teaching the truth, but yet he doesnt even follow the bible to the best he can.
I know this is off track a little but i just wanted answers to a gay man being a pastor.
The enemy will try more to destroy those who are in places of authority in the house of God, causing a Pastor to live a double life is the worst thing the devil can do, they are attacked more,

unless if they accept it then there is something wrong.

we are to practice purity, purity, purity.

Proverbs 22:11
He who loves purity of heart, and whose speech is gracious, will have the king as his friend.

Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Last edited: