honest question.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 25, 2014
hello brothers and sisters,
I have an honest question. I prob gonna get a lot of hate on here for this. But anyway my question is do people on here hate catholics? Im just wondering. Disclaimer: not trying to convert anyone. Im just really wondering. On one of the post i read (not saying witch one it was) it pretty much bashed catholics. I apogees a head of time if i have offended anyone or your religion. God bless

M

MadParrotWoman

I certainly hope not, it is not a Christian's calling to hate. We do however care about the salvation of RC's so we speak truth with love. I actually happen to think it best to be non-denominational. God bless.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I disagree with catholics, both eastern and western, on some of their teachings... but I dont hate them, there's no reason to. There are some wonderful brethren out there.

May 3, 2013
How come you got that idea of HATE?

I was one of them. My primary school was in their teachings (which I rejected from the beginning, since childhood, because I felt pushed to believe what I did not, with my heart).

The country I´m in is legally one like that, although it proclaims, by its name, it´s "Bolivarian", instead of "Christian".

Probably most of my religious beliefs are syncretists, and i don´t know it well.

May 3, 2013
I certainly hope not, it is not a Christian's calling to hate. We do however care about the salvation of RC's so we speak truth with love. I actually happen to think it best to be non-denominational. God bless.
When I said "I´m non-denominationalis" I´m saying I´m another denomination.

Oct 30, 2012
Im don't hate catholics cus i am one. :]

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2012
I disagree with catholics, both eastern and western, on some of their teachings... but I dont hate them, there's no reason to. There are some wonderful brethren out there.
what about Roman Catholics?

Mo0448

Jun 10, 2013
no reason to hate anyone...while I do not see eye to eye in terms of Mary's Divinity & Saints I appreciate and look at them as another Brother/Sister in Christ :)

JesusMyOnly

Jun 30, 2014
Hm, well Christians (protestants) are called to love (John 13:34, 1 John 4:20, Romans 12:10, 1 John 4:11, so on so forth) just as Catholics are. So if any one here who claims to be a Christian (protestant) says they hate Catholics are either not truly Christian or are Christians who need serious prayer and growing in the Lord to take away that horrible mindset. Other times genuine born again believers (protestants) are misunderstood (just like anyone else can be) and seem to be hateful when they are only speaking the truth out of love.

I do not hate Catholics but I disagree with many of your beliefs. I also believe there are Catholics who are truly saved and are our brothers and sisters.

Last edited:
C

cmarieh

I have an honest question. I prob gonna get a lot of hate on here for this. But anyway my question is do people on here hate catholics? Im just wondering. Disclaimer: not trying to convert anyone. Im just really wondering. On one of the post i read (not saying witch one it was) it pretty much bashed catholics. I apogees a head of time if i have offended anyone or your religion. God bless
My bible tells me in John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
According to hatred as you described in the post, the bible also tells me in 1 John 13:34 "Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him."

Last edited:
C

cmarieh

My bible tells me in John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
According to hatred as you described in the post, the bible also tells me in 1 John 13:34 "Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him."
I am so sorry there was a typo and I caught it the 1 John scripture was 1 John 3:15 and not 13:34, sorry about the mistake.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I have heard these are dealing to come back "together".
Yeah, it is true in ways.
Basically the pope wants to be recognized by all so the RCC is carrying the efforts towards ecumenism. The Orthodox dont believe the pope "cannot err" and some other things (this one is the key of the divisive teachings). High instances of the Orthodox meet and converse with RCC officials and are slowly moving towards recognition, which highly displeases the sheep. RCC had stained their hands with blood in WW2, and it has not been as long ago as Spanish Inquisition, so that is yet another reason for the displeasure, especially since many of the predominantly Orthodox nations have been hit by it.

S

Siberian_Khatru

iluvGod2014 said:
ut anyway my question is do people on here hate catholics?
I should hope not. The prevailing opinion is that Catholicism is wrought with un-Biblical teachings and practices, among other nuances/misrepresentations.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I think some people don't agree with the Catholic doctrine. If they hate Catholics, or anyone, then they have a serious problem and need to talk with God about it. Way to be brave asking :D