Hopelessness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ella85

May 9, 2014
Prayers and bible verses for hopelessness and despair???

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Prayers and bible verses for hopelessness and despair???
Christ has risen. Sin and death was defeated. For the believer we have hope. For the believer we are not in despair. Not even death can defeat us. Amen.

Romans 15:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Psalms 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

Joshua 1:5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Ezekiel 16:6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Psalms always helped me a lot with negative feelings of any kind and especially despair, play the reading of Psalms... there is wonderful dramatized KJV audio on youtube. There is presence of the Holy Spirit in His word and Psalms most of all because it's praise... nail on the chalkboard to the devils... and king David prayed a lot in there when he was very desperate, a lot of psalms are such. Praying <3

Ella85

May 9, 2014
Psalms always helped me a lot with negative feelings of any kind and especially despair, play the reading of Psalms... there is wonderful dramatized KJV audio on youtube. There is presence of the Holy Spirit in His word and Psalms most of all because it's praise... nail on the chalkboard to the devils... and king David prayed a lot in there when he was very desperate, a lot of psalms are such. Praying <3
Thank you ❤

E

EleventhHour

Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
To ella,
I have found memorizing Scripture like this in song very helpful for when I need them. Was looking for the children's song The joy of the Lord.. but found this instead, wc is just as good.
If u have access to these, use time to learn them-- and they be very useful also for other situations like small grp Bible studies when u sing first, or in teaching children for Sun. school=).

Ella85

May 9, 2014
amazing thank u so much <3
To ella,
I have found memorizing Scripture like this in song very helpful for when I need them. Was looking for the children's song The joy of the Lord.. but found this instead, wc is just as good.
If u have access to these, use time to learn them-- and they be very useful also for other situations like small grp Bible studies when u sing first, or in teaching children for Sun. school=).