hoping to meet new christian friends..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kjane

hahahah pilipino din ako..

J

jer2911

Kumusta sounds like Como esta? Means "How are you? There are some words taken from Spanish language... especially some provinces in the Philippines, they speak that language... Cebu, Dumaguete... etc.. the dialects or native language called "chabakano" mixed filipino/spanish. Bintana (Ventana, window), Pwede (Puede, can I), Silya (Silla, chair) Kunin (Coja, you take)... etc..

muchos gracias, amigo. much thanks, my friend.

May 3, 2013
Shhh, let them not hear that!! I hear mostly they are old fashioned, simple, and has a lot of respect for the man. That is the most positive and most descriptive thing I can say about them. Negative.. well, not really. They are tough on discipline, not bossy. That is what their upbringings are. They are taught to be submissive to the man they marry to. For China, the females there walk BEHIND their husband or boss, never side by side. Same said to be true with Americans when you sit in a car. Men drive with another male friend up front and their wives sitting behind. I seen that often but not always.

Less talkative? Depends. Maybe shy is more of the answer but really, they are talkative when they get to know you. Like with my sweetie.. she talks just the same as I do but she is shy.

bossy more than Latinas? Hmm.. I have been to Central America 4 times to know enough its other way around, I think. But I can be wrong.

The desperate ones who really wanted to come here are the ones more likely very leech like.. or bossy than the ones really loves you for who you are. I have noticed the differences.. I can tell you two different examples. I have had ladies I met in Central America seemly want me so badly and was so bossy because they want to get in the states. My girlfriend was not acting like that at all.. That is a true gem because she respect what I am seeking for. She even let me move there in Phils. Anything she obeys me she will do. Not a slave.. no. Biblically way of marriage kind that the man makes final decision is the kind she is doing with me. So, I see that is what I am seeking for. Someone who loves me for who I am, not for that so-called American Dream that is no longer around.

Get what I mean? Years ago, I should have gone after this other female from Costa Rica who always talked with me but never asked me to take her to America and all.. but I could not because she was once engaged to my good friend from Costa Rica.. not want to get in between us. He married someone else. Everyone knew we were for each other but I didn't want to you know.. I have drawn a line on things like that.

So, the definition of bossy is not what you think it is.. it is not. Depends on whom you meet. I think, and NO offense, American women are more bossy than foreigners. It relate to women liberation, the liberals, things like that. Ladies, I apologize but I experienced with more bossy women as dates, ex-girlfriends, and an ex wife of mine. I had poor taste of choosing in past 30 years but this time, I am doing right. I know so after been married and since divorce.
I´d like to appologize for sharing OUR personal thoughts here!

As for an idea, I´d like to share this for those who might see Asian as friendly people. I believe they are and, of course, I -as another Latin American- am clumsy or a big mouth (just surprised at hearing such good news I have read).

So I hope this things could be viewed in a better sense, just two "boys" talking publicly their joy...

Rep at this: "For China, the females there walk BEHIND their husband or boss, never side by side." Here, is the opposite, lately I see girl ahead and males behind. The reason is safety. These own supermarkets or shops, and they have the eyes of their ladies or girls.

While I was in other sites, I learned some felt disgusted when certain people claimed many were seeking the US visa and, as you might have known, US is not heaven (not an international fortress) and here is were true friendship lies: Telling the truth as it is.

That reminds me that day when many were seeking Jesus and he told them clearly: "Truly, truly I say to you, you seek me not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were satisfied! John 6:26

So true friendship should be laid in solid ground. ;)

May 3, 2013
Kumusta sounds like Como esta? Means "How are you? There are some words taken from Spanish language... especially some provinces in the Philippines, they speak that language... Cebu, Dumaguete... etc.. the dialects or native language called "chabakano" mixed filipino/spanish. Bintana (Ventana, window), Pwede (Puede, can I), Silya (Silla, chair) Kunin (Coja, you take)... etc..

muchos gracias, amigo. much thanks, my friend.
Hey jer! What a surprise! Let´s share on that (you will know it for sure). I never thought WE have too many things in common. Just allow me to say. We also have a word for "Chabacano", it means something like "slang" but "popular". Babiloo says this: "chabacano,-a
adj pey (de mal gusto) cheap"

So, in my own language thought, I would not use those words, because in English they might sound offensive, though, my own language, it is not, except I meant "someone is unpopular, or used to use too mauch slang".

according to what you´ve taught us Jer, I would like to have you as a frind. If you are from Cebu, Dumaguete, etc. I´d like to ask you to let me know. I´m not too cheap (Ha! Ha! Ha!) But I´m not -certainly- expensive.

(Here I laughed at the ambiguity or dualism it might have when translated). :)

May 3, 2013