Horton Hears a Heretic

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

skylove7

Lol
Love you PennEd
But you gotta stop it hun
Lol
You gotta stop!
Defending me in this world Ed!
I'm koo

I can take evil alone!
No worries PennEd...
Sheesh...
God has got me...
And you too lol

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Lol
Love you PennEd
But you gotta stop it hun
Lol
You gotta stop!
Defending me in this world Ed!
I'm koo

I can take evil alone!
No worries PennEd...
Sheesh...
God has got me...
And you too lol
What did I did? Lol

Lancelot

Mar 19, 2015
Let me get this straight. You want us to watch a 42 minute long video that critiques Horton's critique about a false belief because he didn't get it all right either? Why?
If you don't want to watch then don't watch. But there are many people out there who want to be informed about these issues, and you can't be fully informed by only listening to one side. Those are the ones I provide the videos for.

D

Depleted

If you don't want to watch then don't watch. But there are many people out there who want to be informed about these issues, and you can't be fully informed by only listening to one side. Those are the ones I provide the videos for.
When I want to be informed, I immediately look for a website I trust to give their particular bias, and then look for what I want to learn. (Or, better yet, an old-school site who actually remembers info isn't supposed to be biased, but they're hard to find anymore.)

Then I go to the other side of the opinion/aisle/belief and look for info on their trusted sites. (If I want deep info, I'd rather read books.)

I don't usually (possibly ever) look to be informed by a critiquer of a critiquer of an anti-something. After all, I want to be informed first, right?

And by the time I'm done that, I don't need a critiquer of a critiquer. But, yeah, if you want people to be informed before watching your video, then you'll want people to take several hours to become informed, before spending another 42 minutes to get informed about a critique of an informed.

Lots of people do that on here? Wow! And I just had two guys take a short post of mine and completely skew it, because they didn't read the 200 words I really did write.

I'd like to know who you now on here.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
When I want to learn something, I will buy a book by a recognized scholar, published by a recognized publisher, about a topic I am interested in. Which I do all the time.

I have read quite a few on WoF, including back in the 1980's when I read Kenyon, Hagin and Copeland. Even back in those days, as a fairly young Christian, their books were enough to convince me that this was not a doctrine from the Bible.

Life and events have continues to convince me of the terrible error of their ways. As for the comment that one of them had darkened thoughts or something to that effect, because of his Pentecostal background, I will say that is another lie from the devil.

I am not Pentecostal, and after 15 years, left those churches for a number of reasons. But their soteriology, etc are orthodox and biblical. In fact, I find it very sad that some in the movement morphed into this people pleasing doctrine, all about getting stuff from God, rather than giving and serving.

I don't watch videos, and I will not post a rebuttal to the rebuttal. But defense of the WoF doctrine is indefensible to me. All the people who judged and condemned me for not being instantly healed of Rheumatoid Arthritis, which, along with the pain sent me spiralling into a several years long depression and wilderness away from God, are the big reason I will always stand against this "doctrine of demons."

I will always regret that my friend and mentor was killed by the WoF doctrine. An ordained Kenneth Copeland minister, she stood with her church for healing of her breast cancer, claiming healing. She refused medical treatment and died a painful death when the cancer metastized in less than a year.

The other friend I know who got sucked into the WoF and judged and condemned me, fortunately accepted medical help when he had a health issue that would have killed him. He seems to have totally left all the "name it and claim it" heresy.

There are some very kind and loving people in CC who are follow WoF doctrine. I love them, because of their love of God. But I will never accept a heresy so bad, so big and so dangerous as the WoF!

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Many Christians think that because they pray over their food they can eat whatever they want and disobey natural laws. Many Christians are convinced that God will heal them by prayer. It is possible, and people can attest to it. But most Christians will not come to a healing with only pray. Sorry to say this, I am not seeking to undermine the power of prayer. I know it works.
But to think we can just routinely disobey Gods natural laws for years and then because we pray for hours or even days that God is going to going to negate the very law He made is, well, I think it is crazy and presumptuous . I have spoken to so many Christians over the years regarding their lifestyles, and to be blunt, most really have no idea what a healthy life style is. I ask them what there diet is like, they say good, and then when they describe it, I am almost stunned that they would believe it is "good".
God designed us for a specific life style, it is there in the bible, and if we follow it, we can dramatically improve and lengthen our lives.
If we don't, for most of us, no matter how much we pray, if we don't acknowledge God's plan for our bodies and glorify Him by treating our bodies as temples, we are just going to get sick and die before our time.

Last edited:

Lancelot

Mar 19, 2015
I couldn't agree more, Joseph.