Housewives

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hava91

i am curious to see what people think. What do you think about modern day housewives?
Is it overrated?
To be expected?
Is it odd for a modern day woman to WANT to be home for her husband, cooking for him, rubbing his shoulders/feet, clean house etc?

What is your opinion

V

violakat

Why should it be odd for a woman to desire to make a pleasant home for her husband. I think there's nothing wrong with it at all, as long as they are able to afford for her to stay at home. Chances are, she'll be doing a ton of work to maintain the home. Yes, there maybe some people out there who make despise housewives, but at the same time, there are people out there who despise wives who works. You should ignore all the hatred and focus on what God calls you to do. Only then will you be happiest.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
I believe a woman doesn't have to be a stay-at-home mom or locked in the house doing chores all day to be a good housewife. She can always create time for cooking, cleaning the house, rubbing her husband's shoulders/feet, etc., while pursuing a career; it’s about knowing how to balance work and family life.

However, if her husband’s salary is sufficient to support the family then by all means she can be a stay-at-home mom/wife, it’s their choice. There is also the option of working from home.

Oct 11, 2012
i am curious to see what people think. What do you think about modern day housewives?
Is it overrated?
To be expected?
Is it odd for a modern day woman to WANT to be home for her husband, cooking for him, rubbing his shoulders/feet, clean house etc?

What is your opinion

I think, it is every woman's right to choose what she would like to do. If she wants to be a housewife, go for it. If she wants to pursue a career in Roller Derby, that's completely cool too.

I, personally, do not want to be a housewife. I don't want to get married. I don't want to have kids.
I have a boyfriend of two years who understands this. At least, those are my choices at the moment. I'm saving myself for marriage, if I ever do decide to take the plunge, but I think I would be happy just being single or with a significant other without sex either. That is my lifestyle choice.

Yet, my best friend is 21 just like me, and she has a kid and is happily married to the love of her life. Do I knock her for it? No, because I want her to be HAPPY. Whatever her choice may be.

If you want to be a housewife, don't let anyone influence you. You have to live happily and as long as you have God, it really doesn't matter what your occupation is.