how can i daily build my trust?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I would love so much to find some sort of exercise to build my trust for god. to pray expectantly, to trust he is near, to believe all he says without a doubt and to put my complete faith in him. i already have a deep love for him although i want it deeper still. how can i learn to speak with the holy spirit and how can i get him to interpret the bible for me? my friend and i had a conversation about the bible and he doesn't see it like i do. i know in my heart the word of god is life fire and i believe for those who know of its power and take it to heart that fire will consume them as they read, although i have to see this for myself in my life i know the first step is to trust god. so back to the question how can i learn to do this? there has to be a change in my mind because i do not know how to suddenly just decide to trust him.

Jul 27, 2011
Faith comes by hearing, reading, and believing.

C

cfultz3

I would love so much to find some sort of exercise to build my trust for god. to pray expectantly, to trust he is near, to believe all he says without a doubt and to put my complete faith in him. i already have a deep love for him although i want it deeper still. how can i learn to speak with the holy spirit and how can i get him to interpret the bible for me? my friend and i had a conversation about the bible and he doesn't see it like i do. i know in my heart the word of god is life fire and i believe for those who know of its power and take it to heart that fire will consume them as they read, although i have to see this for myself in my life i know the first step is to trust god. so back to the question how can i learn to do this? there has to be a change in my mind because i do not know how to suddenly just decide to trust him.
May I suggest but this one thing:

Go in prayer and be ferveant in asking God for His Guidance. Every night, every morning, through the day, let it be said with your spirtual earnings, 'God!!! Not my will, but your will. Lead me.'

We are told to be silent and to hearken to His Voice. You will know His Voice and when He speaks, obey. This is a heart who is willing to listen and a heart which proves its love.

Do not be dismayed at the mockery of those who say you are listening to voices. God is real, as you know, listen to His Voice and act in faith.

Blain, hear and obey His Voice and show Him your willingness to do what He asks.

Nov 25, 2012
Trust in the Lord is very easy for some, and very hard for others. It can take time to build your relationship with HIM just as it can in a typical relationship. As Brother Don said, it takes hearing, reading, and believing in Christ.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
This is my advice to add to the others. We (the everlasting high priesthood/christians) are always aware that there is a next step, and it's clear to see that you are eagerly looking to take the next step. Jesus told us a few answers concerning the difference of testing God and trusting God, and trusting God in the next step is always a must. If I were you, my next step would be finding a few days (3 or more) to eat nothing, and spend time doing nothing but reading, praying, and sleeping when necessary (and getting a cup of water when necessary). In other words, I would work on lengthening the longest time you've ever spent fasting from everything but God. This will surely strengthen you, and it's always an acceptable next step if you're unsure of the next step. At some point when you are compelled and hunger to spend more and more time fasting and praying (because you desire to be a soldier and are called to it), you will find yourself desiring complete solitude while you are fasting, which is easily found in spending time in the wilderness. This is also an acceptable way to grow in trusting God more and more, cause you're not in control when you're alone in the wilderness, but you're also not testing God either.

I once fasted for 14 days in the wilderness alone, on the Ozark Trail in Missouri. This brought me to an experience of being without water for 3 1/2 days, and I did not test God, but He led me into this experience and also delivered me in this experience, cause it rained, and then I found a creek after it rained (you can drink deadly water and it won't hurt you in these circumstances cause you're not testing God but trusting God). I also know that it's possible for us (with confirmation from God) to fast alone (with God only) for 40 days and nights in the wilderness. The person I know who did this says that it was the best experience of his life so far. There's always a next step that enables you to trust in God with everything, including family, finances, etc. I love you Blain, and you have the heart of a soldier for sure.

Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Mat 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
Mat 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Mat 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Dec 19, 2009
If you obey the Lord’s commandments each day you will build the Lord’s trust in you. What also is important, I think, is earning your own trust, which is accomplished the same way.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
well i have never fasted before and if fasting really helps maybe i should try it after all jesus did this. this could be fun, because fasting it will take determination to be strong as seeking god. as for voices and listening to god i am aware of these voices, the devil talks to me trying to get me to sin but i also hear the voice of god sometimes. i have already had breakfast this morning but i will fast anyways

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
It is a given the more we know someone, the more we will trust them or in the case of unfaithfulness...distrust them.
But there is an other aspect that is out of our hands and that is the firey trials that God puts us through to try and purify our faith.
Jam 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
(KJV)

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

Praise the Lovely Jesus for your open and hungry heart and soul you will need His counsel and His instructions hearing His voice and relaxing in His presence He is the perfect potter for you these initmate ornaments are only placeed in you and taught to you uniquely maybe some bits and pieces He will give others to give to you but he is the Master of your perfection, Praise and thank Him without ceasing and also allow the Holy Spirit to interceed through you He can and will ask what we do not know how although we should. He will enable you, empowering you to ask perfectly the FATHER'S WILL AND WAYS.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Matthew 5

And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

This came to me.

Peace and Blessings in the name of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.