How can put God above all else and love Him more than anything else?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Danielle1234

I'm having trouble with this a little because I love God so much and I love my family so much I'm having a hard time seeing the line in between them. Right now I feel like at some times of the day my love for God verses my family is 51% to 50% and other times its 50% and 50%. I prayed to God to help save my sister but I feel like I put my love for my sister over God because I wasn't trusting Him enough to make everything okay and have all the pieces fall into place. How do you put God above all else?

Jun 10, 2014
Look at it like this. God is love. With out no God there would be no love. The love for your family is of God. To know and acknowledged this is to put him first. We exist because of him and we have the will to choose because he gave it to us. I know it's hard, but you have to have faith he is allowing things to happen in life because of a reason. We may never fully understand it, but maybe it is not for us to understand, but to trust in him only. So the next time when your thinking about the love of your family know that is the essence of God and with out him we would not have love. All he wants is for us to return the love he gives us to feel the same way about him as any Father would for their children. Hope this helps your understanding. :)

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2014
Matthew 10:37-He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Jesus is not saying don't love your family. He's saying that they should not be #1 in your life. That place is for Jesus only. I too struggled with this. Matthew 6:33-But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Love Jesus first, and he'll guide you and help you to love your family like he loves you. Hope this helps! ;)