How can someone know if apparitions of Jesus are real?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sophia1993

Let's say someone saw Jesus standing right before them. How can you tell the difference between the real thing, or being deceived? Do you think people who said they saw jesus and his face are lying, as opposed to someone who says they saw jesus but couldn't see his face (but they knew it was him)? and, if you saw his real face, wouldn't you die?

Feb 21, 2014
Let's say someone saw Jesus standing right before them. How can you tell the difference between the real thing, or being deceived? Do you think people who said they saw jesus and his face are lying, as opposed to someone who says they saw jesus but couldn't see his face (but they knew it was him)? and, if you saw his real face, wouldn't you die?
Ms. Sophia: What people think they saw, whether in a vision or dream, etc. always needs to be weighed against what the Bible, God's Word, reveals to us about the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus.

There are so many precious promises to the believer in Him, in God's Word.

For example: John 14.1; John 14.27; Romans 8.38-89, and many others.

Blessings.

May 15, 2013
John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 7:18
Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

J

ji

None can see God in their physical body and live..
Apart from that in spirit state,many have seen Jesus be it with the face shown or not.
However,there can be deception..
In total look for what is getting conveyed and are there established facts in course of time..?
Rest all is devilish..

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Sophia1993;1561895[B said:
]Let's say someone saw Jesus standing right before them. How can you tell the difference between the real thing, or being deceived?[/B] Do you think people who said they saw jesus and his face are lying, as opposed to someone who says they saw jesus but couldn't see his face (but they knew it was him)? and, if you saw his real face, wouldn't you die?
1. How could you possibly know something you saw looked like Jesus?
Do you even know what Jesus looks like?
Does anybody know what Jesus looks like?
How could anyone possibly know if an "apparition" even LOOKED like Jesus?

Do you see how absurd this really is?

2. Just "say no" to parlor tricks.

It's a bit hard to conceive that the great and mighty sovereign of the universe would be bumping around in people's living rooms at night playing parlor tricks.

3. When he comes back, EVERYBODY will know.
From scripture, we don't see Christ coming back till the second coming.

4. We have everything we need, already, for the current age.
We have no indication that Christ will be coming down here to chit chat, nor do we have any indication that he NEEDS to... we have the completed scriptures to guide us, and we have the Holy Spirit to guide us.
- In Christ's absence, he has left us three things to guide us, and provide for us spiritually:
A. The Church (the body of believers)
B. The Scripture (we now have the completed scripture, with Old Testament and New Testament)
C. The Holy Spirit (we are indwelt by the spirit, which Christ specifically sent to assist us in his absence)

No matter how you slice it, there is just no biblical or logical way to account for these "apparitions".
However, people usually ignore both scripture and logic, and believe what they want.

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Perhaps I will meet Jesus during my travels in life. I already feel his presence. Yes, I am still among the quick.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Good question, simple answer...............people here won't see Jesus...........not in this world/life...........HE SENT the Comforter to be WITH US in this life/world...............Jesus is at the Throne of God as our Intercessor, not walking to and fro down here, nor does He appear in a tomato, banana, head of lettuce or any such.............

Good question, simple answer............ God bless

Dec 19, 2009
I had a dream, as my mother was dying, in which she and I were standing in front of the sanctuary of her church, and a group of people were scattered about the back of the sanctuary. When I woke up, it seemed to me one of those people had been my Great Aunt Martha, and it seemed to me that she had been beckoning my mother into heaven.

Is that what really happened, though? I'll never know for sure. And I guess it really doesn't matter.

And so, does someone really see Jesus? Perhaps. If someone claims to see Jesus and then says, "And Jesus says we're all supposed to fly to Tahiti tomorrow afternoon," I'd tend not to believe them.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
...........aw SNAP!..........now I gotta take back all them multi-colored, flowery shirts...........sigh.........

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

​?

J

ji

So many say here that none can see Jesus nowadays.This is where the real prob comes in.
lack of belief.God never goes against His words.Seeing God in flesh - not possible.True.
Even when Jesus in His Resurrected Body manifested in front of disciples,He was not in the Glorified state.
But in Spirit - Yes!

Now its tricky to believe in every dream or experience we can have.But when Jesus leads people to Christianity through Visions,the people who quote and make it big about the oldness of letter doesn't realize that Christianity Stands in the Newness of Spirit of God.

Discern!
Being a bible scholar doesn't make a person Christian.When God shows and reveals things which leads to God more and not to paganism God is SPEAKING to that person.Don't turn your back on Him because someone scared you saying that you hallucinated.
Jesus is Lord God.If He manifested in front of Paul and other Apostles(clearly to John in Revelation ch1 KJV) then He is still able.Don't underestimate God,because i used to.
He came for us,He wants to make us closer to Him.we don't teach Him,He Teaches us...
And if He made His Face clear,....yes it is so.Does it matter or is it a sin for Jesus to manifest as He likes?
Does people decide How God must manifest?
And the way to connect is connect the Dreams or Visions with Holy Scripture.If it is from God,it will connect and it will be an Established fact.God doesn't change.

God Bless all.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
What you are saying are nice comments, BUT they really don't address the OP in my opinion..........

just saying..........HE SENT the Holy Spirit to us..............HE IS at the Throne of God........we SHOULD be focusing our attention on the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, and His guidance of our lives............not staring into tomatoes, or some such to see if we see the face of Jesus............

Last edited:
J

ji

What you are saying are nice comments, BUT they really don't address the OP in my opinion..........

just saying..........HE SENT the Holy Spirit to us..............HE IS at the Throne of God........we SHOULD be focusing our attention on the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, and His guidance of our lives............not staring into tomatoes, or some such to see if we see the face of Jesus............
oh it does it matter brother when satan comes to bargain for your soul and tortured by demonic forces to the point of quitting...it really matters to me when i see the Lord burning like a candle interceding before the Father for the 'wretched us' and manifesting in a Vision so as i don't fall away from Faith in Jesus.
And when people see Visions and have Supernatural Experiences its by the Holy Spirit.
Why do we keep forgetting that Spirit of the Lord led and Apostle in Spirit, took him to a eunuch who got Baptized later and the same Same Spirit of Lord took the Apostle away later.
(How many Apostolic life leading people can we see ministering Church all over the world nowadays?)
Similarly God works outside the way people think,and that's why many people were tortured to death when they spoke in tongues around the world(in various times in the past).How many Super Natural Divine manifestations never heard? Its the untold history...but we believe in google easily,wikipedia is the modern bible even if its lies mixed with Truth!
Its our weakness that makes things impossible.God is not weak..

i think you addressed to me...
lemme conclude,if we had purity of mind and soul like little kids,we will be seeing Jesus and Angels of Heaven everyday literally in spirit state..
our unbelief and hardness of heart is the real prob.