How did i get here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

Water1944

Please pray for me as I lose my job working with children in a week. I am a single mom, with some support, and I support 2 of my 3 children. I will be able to do some retail work, which I am very grateful for, but we will have money issues. I am more concerned about what this will do to my soul, and how this can be God's plan for me. I have worked with preschool age children for 30 years and I love it. It has been the one constant thing thru a hard divorce, the loss of my dad, my home, many things. I am having a real hard time with giving up what I love. I now feel everything has been taken away from me, and I know that's not true.I also know there are many with far worse problems. Please pray for me, to accept what I can't change and to be positive about it. Thank you fellow believers!

H

hattiebod

It is very distressing when life deals such a blow, of course you are upset, it's ok to be upset! And we are here to offer any support we can. Know that you are not finished, God has a plan! And it sometimes seems very odd to us how He can and will work things out, but, He will. Stand firm. I pray your faith will be strengthened, you will contiue to rely on Him, call out to Him and trust for His provision. I pray that doors will open, that you will be shown His miraculous hand upon your life, that you will not be anxious and that your needs will be met. Most of all, I pray you will have support and people of compassion and love will come forward to assist you and your precious family. Thank you Lord that you are a restorer and a provider, knowing all our needs and how you are always moulding and shaping us, for the life we are to lead. God Bless you and your family, In His name, <><

W

Water1944

Thank you for your prayers hattie. You have such a strong faith and it shows. I know I will come back to your post for encouragement. God bless you.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Hi Water, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I'll definitely pray for you, too. I thought Philippians 4 might help, especially the part about what to do when you're anxious:

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
Dear Water,

I will pray for you as well. Life is so unfair so much of the time, and I am so happy that when I pray I know you are strong in His love. Please remember that this is another season and there will be another rainbow. He promises does he not to get us out of the storms. God Bless you!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Praying for you Water. You are asking for the right prayers, and I pray that God will supply all your needs, and he will also give you comfort.

W

Water1944

Thank you so much for the prayers and bible verses. I know I will come back to your prayers when I need encouragement. I'm so grateful for this site. Praise our Lord!!!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs water, I just wanted to witness to you that often when one goes through great difficulties, when all is given in Jesus to God Our Father, He brings great blessings into ones life.
Praying for you in Jesus's for all that is Gods loving care for you.

God bless:)
pickles

W

Water1944

Thanks pickles for the prayers and hugs!

N

Nancyer

More prayers for you, my dear, as God's plan begins to work in your life and you see it unfold. I am in a similar situation financially and am allowing God's will to work, whatever that is. I may have to move (SO not what I would want) I may change jobs (Please, God, send me a new job!)

I prayed for God's will to be evident and something you can truly embrace. Yes, it's hard to leave something you love, but God has a plan and His plans are always greater than ours. Love and God's best for you, always!