How did you know when God had given you your life-partner?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

ServantStrike

Congratulations... I won't say who, but I think I may have found the same... :)
Wait a minute, back the truck up a second here.

You have a thread in the singles forum from 2 weeks ago where you posted that you were recently single. I just saw it get bumped earlier.

My advice is to you know.. slow down a bit.

I'd advise you to slow down and not get ahead of yourself here. Slow way down. When I was 20 I was ready to propose to a girl but I was giving it more time because I just had a bad feeling about it. It turned out God led me in the right direction - I'd have been miserable.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Wait a minute, back the truck up a second here.

You have a thread in the singles forum from 2 weeks ago where you posted that you were recently single. I just saw it get bumped earlier.

My advice is to you know.. slow down a bit.

I'd advise you to slow down and not get ahead of yourself here. Slow way down. When I was 20 I was ready to propose to a girl but I was giving it more time because I just had a bad feeling about it. It turned out God led me in the right direction - I'd have been miserable.
I had a similar experience. He speaks wisdom.

Jeshuvan

Pastor
Staff member
Apr 15, 2012
Hi,I loved the many stories of life partners in here,that is one of the most requested prayer i get from people.I am better at talking than typing,so u can PM me in the rooms.I met my wife in India doing missionary work.Ive shared my miraculous testimony in here a few times and it always seems 2 encourage people and show that God is about relationships and there isnt anything he can not do,Amen gbu 2 Jeshuvan.

Dec 22, 2014
For those of you who prayerfully considered your life-partner, how did God show you they were "the one"?

Literally any advice or scripture is welcome. I think not only myself, but plenty of young, single Christians could benefit from the wisdom of brothers and sisters who have found God's match for them.

Thanks.
Who you love is always a reflection of who you are yourself at a given point in time... and he is "the one" in that particular moment. But we do change, with time... and him who was "the one" yesterday may not be "the one" a couple years later. That is, because you don't love him anymore.

So because we are unpredictable by nature (i.e. instinct, innate behaviors); God has given us boundaries to keep us under control and somehow maintain the order in society... "marriage" being one of those boundaries. And so you get married to someone who happens to be "the one" at the very time you're ready for a married life, at that exact moment, what most refer to as "the stars are aligned"... then the knot is tied up by a solemn oath to share your lives for the rest of your days; "through the good and the bad, and bla bla bla." And that's it; you're done.

One thing is for sure, married people don't freeze up in time. They remain "humans", which means that they're still changing and changing. A time will come when your husband will not be "the one" you're in love with anymore... and that's when your strength will be put to the test. Can you sacrifice your feelings for your word? Can you sacrifice how you feel for the word you gave him (in public or private; doesn't matter)? Can you do that?

The choices we make in those moments; that's what define us as "characters"... and that's what shapes the story we will leave behind when we're gone, what will be our legacy on this planet where we are but pilgrims.

I was angry with him and he was angry with me, and quite honestly neither of us had done anything more wrong than the other, we were both just hurt and angry. We argued one night, and when angry or upset he goes to the garage and works. That night he must have been pretty unfocused because he cut himself really bad. Even in my anger, I lovingly cleaned and bandaged his hand. Throughout the night I checked to make sure it stopped bleeding, and it looked clean.....I was still hurt and angry, but I also still chose to be Love to him. He could have tended his own wound, but the fact that I set my anger aside and took care of him, showed him that I love him.
This is how a married life is like... if you were wondering.

I once heard someone say: "Hun, I love you always... but sometimes, I just don't like you. :)"

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Some beautiful stories here. Mine is very different. After 40 years of marriage and 5 children - horrible times and good times - it was about 20 years ago, that I realized that this person WAS the right person for me. I just knew! And knew that he was a gift from God.

It took a long time to really know his heart. Maybe because I was so caught up in how he was always making me feel. And that's not what love is about. Finally - the light dawned!